Chicken thighs are awesome

koshergrl

Diamond Member
Aug 4, 2011
I have been baking up boneless skinless chicken thighs over the past few days and using them for different stuff.. .

I took a few cooked ones, cut them up, put them in a pan with taco seasoning and a little water, heated that up in the oven. I heated up corn tortillas and when the chicken was hot and the seasoning cooked I dumped shredded cheese on the top and put back into the oven until the cheese melted.

Chicken tacos, add stuff as desired.

Today I am making soup. Thighs and their pan frippings, last night's leftover veggies, chopped onion, penbe pasta.

WP_20170407_004.jpg

I bought a package of thighs once and found out I didn't like just thighs. One piece is good but then I want a different body part.

I have been baking up boneless skinless chicken thighs over the past few days and using them for different stuff.. .

I took a few cooked ones, cut them up, put them in a pan with taco seasoning and a little water, heated that up in the oven. I heated up corn tortillas and when the chicken was hot and the seasoning cooked I dumped shredded cheese on the top and put back into the oven until the cheese melted.

Chicken tacos, add stuff as desired.

Today I am making soup. Thighs and their pan frippings, last night's leftover veggies, chopped onion, penbe pasta.
Post pics.

Soup looks yummy!

I got my poppet the meat grinder attachment to our Kitchen Aid recentlyz We made some awesome chicken burgers by grinding up chicken thighs, breasts, and, jalapeños this week. Cheers!

my wife bones and then dips the thighs in eggs and and then dredged in flour and then fries them and thats good enough . But after that treatment and after frying she sometimes simmers in spaghetti sauce or any sauce but mostly a tomato sauce . Pretty good stuff , just make enough and keep it coming !!

Ideas for chicken thighs:
1)Shredded chicken for tacos,burritos, and chimichangas.
In a crock pot or pressure cooker:
1/2 Can of crushed tomatos, 1/2 jar salsa, cup of water, some cumin or half a chili seasoning packet, salt, pepper, onion powder, finely chopped onions. Prepare thighs by seasoning, with salt, pepper, onion and garlic powder, lightly dust with cumin and hot spice of choice cyan or red pepper lightly dust sprinkle the thigh. Also some in the sauce if you didn't use chili seasoning.
Pressure cooker 20 minutes or slow cooker
3-4 hours. Should pull in strands.
Save excess sauce for moistening the shredded chicken and making spanish style rice.
2) Butter, Lemon juice, pepper, salt, dust sprinkle ground sage on thighs. Can use drops of liquid smoke as well.
Over garlic buttered wide eggless noodles.
3)butter, sage, salt, pepper, garlic & onion powder, curry powder over rice.
4)butter, brown sugar, sage, salt, pepper, garlic & onion powder, whisteshire sauce, hoison sauce, dab of sweetbaby rays b-bque sauce. Over rice or side potatoes.

Why boneless skinless?

I wonder if those breasts I have are still good.
I don't really like the skin on commercially raised chicken. It's thick and too fat. Boneless is just because I have dogs and I hate dealing with chicken bones, dogs and kids.

I do get whole chickens and bone in as well...whole chicken thighs make amazing dumplings and soups.

I don't really like the skin on commercially raised chicken. It's thick and too fat. Boneless is just because I have dogs and I hate dealing with chicken bones, dogs and kids.

I do get whole chickens and bone in as well...whole chicken thighs make amazing dumplings and soups.

Then don't buy commercially raised chicken. I have not eaten "frankenchicken" for years. Commercial frankenchicken is deplorable. The meat texture is weird, almost rubbery, the skin is thick and chewy and the flavor is half as good as actual unadulterated farm raised chicken.

Then don't buy commercially raised chicken. I have not eaten "frankenchicken" for years. Commercial frankenchicken is deplorable. The meat texture is weird, almost rubbery, the skin is thick and chewy and the flavor is half as good as actual unadulterated farm raised chicken.

Or I can just use skinless boneless. Which is what I do.

Though I have to say, I'm about done with commercially raised chicken breasts. The last few times I've gotten that, it was inedible. I couldn't tell what the fuck I was eating but it sure as shit wasn't chicken like any chicken I'm familar with. Freaky.

Or I can just use skinless boneless. Which is what I do.

Though I have to say, I'm about done with commercially raised chicken breasts. The last few times I've gotten that, it was inedible. I couldn't tell what the fuck I was eating but it sure as shit wasn't chicken like any chicken I'm familar with. Freaky.

Absolutely. Frankenchicken is terrible. The texture is flat out weird...and basically tasteless.
genetically-modified-chickens.jpg

Forum List

Back