Chicken thighs are awesome

It's like eating a silicone eraser. sooooo weird.

Boneless skinless thighs are still edible for the most part. I feed a few and the $$$ is important, so when I can get it cheaper, I get it cheaper as long as people will eat it.

I'm going to give the cheapo foster farms breasts one more go. This time I'm pounding them before cooking. Make some chicken patties or cordon bleu or something.

If it doesn't work out, I'm done, I won't buy them anymore.

I use boneless, skinless thighs for chicken and yellow rice - one of my go-to big-pot meals.

Large pkg of thighs - 8-10. Family size pkg of seasoned yellow rice (ie Vigo), small can LeSuer (sp?) peas. Medium roasting pan with lid (speckled enamel kind).

Using stove top burners, drizzle olive oil in roasting pan - brown thighs on both sides, leave in pan - add recommended amount of water (on rice pkg) - one quart for family size. Bring water to boil, add rice and seasoning, bring back to boil - stir one minute - then cover and place pan in 350 deg oven for 30-40 minutes. Test rice for doneness, sprinkle top with peas (my grandmother added pimento strips too), return to oven 5 mins - remove and let set for a few minutes. Serve with sangria, salad and garlic bread - feeds 6 adults easily. For dessert?...why homemade flan, of course. :biggrin:

I love chicken and rice, I ate it a lot when younger. I'm not sure what yellow rice is but we made good strong chicken broth and put rice in. Yum.

I love chicken and rice, I ate it a lot when younger. I'm not sure what yellow rice is but we made good strong chicken broth and put rice in. Yum.

Saffron is what makes the rice yellow. There are other flavorings, onion, garlic, etc. It's a traditional Tampa dish - other places too. I started using the packaged rice with seasoning some time ago - it works very well.

edit - the rice starts out white - cooking with the saffron turns it yellow.

Forum List

Back