Cheney's Hunting Accident

I heard somewhere that Howard Dean is calling for Cheney's resignation over this. Anyone hear anything about that?

That was another thing one of them asked(the press that is). If he would resign. Please. As someone brought up earlier,Ted Kennedy has been involved in some pretty shady business,and I guess we are supposed to forget about that-huh? This was an accident with witnesses. Why should he resign? Howard Dean is just scoring up points for the Republican party with his foolishness.

krisy said:
I have no problem with them asking questions,I understand this is their job. Some of the questions were out of line at what they insinuated. The one in particular that bugged me was the guy asking about the delay in info. Who cares? The man that was shot is all right,and it wasn't like Cheney shot somebody in the middle of a bar fight for Pete's sake. It was a hunting accident,and some reporter is trying his best to make scandal of it. How can I take these people seriously? They are the same people that think anything Angelina Jolie says is news :rolleyes:

Well, seeing that Angelina and Brad are soon to give birth to our supreme being child, I think they're on the right track :laugh:

But seriously, I think reporters are justified in fishing for a deeper story--I don't think they would be doing their jobs right if they didn't atleast ask--even if it does seem insulting or low to onlookers.

Hagbard Celine said:
Well, seeing that Angelina and Brad are soon to give birth to our supreme being child, I think they're on the right track :laugh:

But seriously, I think reporters are justified in fishing for a deeper story--I don't think they would be doing their jobs right if they didn't atleast ask--even if it does seem insulting or low to onlookers.

Angelina,well....she just scares me!!! :)

It is fine for them to ask,but not insinuate to try to make a bigger story than the one that is there.

The press are a bunch of whiney babies for one reason and one reason only. THEY ARE PISSED THE WEREN'T TOLD SOONER AND A "COMMON CITIZEN" WAS ALLOWED TO REPORT THE STORY FIRST. (ok 2 i know thats 2 reasons)
They wanted to report it as a news flash like VP SHOOTS FRIEND. Then let the shit play out like an assassination or something until the whole story came in. They missed a chance at baiting the public into believing something BEFORE all the truth was known. What a bunch of pompous low lifes!
:banana2:

This is a good case for gun control......for geriatrics. Similar to how they should not be allowed to drive.

Nuc said:
This is a good case for gun control......for geriatrics. Similar to how they should not be allowed to drive.

Bullshit--these old ranchers down here can shoot the wings off a fly. From the hip !

dilloduck said:
The press are a bunch of whiney babies for one reason and one reason only. THEY ARE PISSED THE WEREN'T TOLD SOONER AND A "COMMON CITIZEN" WAS ALLOWED TO REPORT THE STORY FIRST. (ok 2 i know thats 2 reasons)
They wanted to report it as a news flash like VP SHOOTS FRIEND. Then let the shit play out like an assassination or something until the whole story came in. They missed a chance at baiting the public into believing something BEFORE all the truth was known. What a bunch of pompous low lifes!
:rolleyes: Whatever you say man :tinfoil:

dilloduck said:
Bullshit--these old ranchers down here can shoot the wings off a fly. From the hip !

Let's be honest guys and gals...Dick is not originally from Texas..He even admitted he was too busy to serve during the Vietnam era...my era...the least he could have done was join the guard...and there is a hellava difference between a 'Quail' and a large man wearing a orange hunters vest...end of story...Dick needs more training!

Nuc said:

Your no spring chicken either...this is not a case for gun control..this is a individual error!

dilloduck said:

Yeah... the commentator on ABC Radio News this morning said something to the effect of "No one told us for 24 hours," in a tone of voice like "How dare they!"

gop_jeff said:
Yeah... the commentator on ABC Radio News this morning said something to the effect of "No one told us for 24 hours," in a tone of voice like "How dare they!"

I loved the implications they made that since they weren't immediately notified of every damn detail that the delay MUST have meant that there was a cover up. These assholes never quit--I have no idea how anyone tolerates em. :bang3:

dilloduck said:
Gotta different theory of why they are pissed? I'd love to hear it.
I think you're interpreting a discussion of facts as "pissed." Reporters, especially the televised talking heads you're referring to have no motive for being "pissed" about this story. They're just stating that the story was with-held for 24 hours before being released, which is apparently true right?

Hagbard Celine said:
I think you're interpreting a discussion of facts as "pissed." Reporters, especially the televised talking heads you're referring to have no motive for being "pissed" about this story. They're just stating that the story was with-held for 24 hours before being released, which is apparently true right?

Apparently, it is true. However, like I said, the guy on the news sounded really upset about it, like they had the right to know the moment the gun was fired and that Cheney was violating their rights by not confessing within the hour or something.

Hagbard Celine said:

Apparently you didn't see the press conference. They were livid at the manner in which the story was released and who was notified first.

They didn't feel the story was released in a "timely manner" which I guess means to them to mean--immediately. First of all they may have wanted to get the guy some treatment and see exactly (from a Dr.) what the condition of the man was and secondly, I really don't see why the nation needed to know a partial story late Sturday night instead of hearing the complete story Sunday morning.

Hell, I'd take a little bit of bird shot from the VP in order to be set for life.. .:)

Hagbard Celine said:

Why the assumption of something fishy?

Why can't they accept that this was an ... accident?

Ohhh..because it has to do with President Bush...his VP...etc....

GotZoom said:
Why the assumption of something fishy?

Why can't they accept that this was an ... accident?

Ohhh..because it has to do with President Bush...his VP...etc....
You've misinterpreted what I said. "Fishing" is a verb I used to indicate what reporters do, not an adjective referring to the nature of the incident.

Hagbard Celine said:
You've misinterpreted what I said. "Fishing" is a verb I used to indicate what reporters do, not an adjective referring to the nature of the incident.

you said they were justifed.....why?

manu1959 said:
you said they were justifed.....why?
Because it's a reporter's job to stand in the stead of the average citizen. That means asking any and all questions relevant to an issue so that the whole story, not just the polished, PR version is printed for the public record.

If reporters didn't ask questions and investigate, we'd all be at the mercy of PR officials.

Forum List

Back