Cheney ordered concealment of counter-terrorism from Congress

A major difference is the goal of the political process. For the Liberal, it is equality. For the Conservative, it is liberty.

I'd be happy to expand on this.

ok so lets put equality and liberty together and see what we come up with....

Here is the problem with that idea, or let's rephrase and I think you'll see the problem: Liberals want equality of outcome, while Conservatives equality of opportunity.

How do you reconcile in the real world?

FOX is balanced? You have heard the name Hannity, haven't you? That opinion is biased itself. It is difficult for me to find CNN biased. I know people who watch FOX all day long and they are all skewed and have one opinion...the right (wing) opinion.

My signature defines me. I find myself agreeing with the GOP on occasions but find myself siding with the Democrats most of the time. The one thing that turns me away from the GOP is the lack of compassion and empathy that I see there. It seems the mantra of the GOP is "My way of No Way." They need to be more open and more inclusive or they will no longer exist.

Your turn...

You are not being totally honest. CNN's Rick Sanchez, as well as Anderson (Tea-Bagging) Cooper are as partisan as Hannity, just not as entertaining.

I rarely make my arguments Democrat vs. GOP, as the more pertinent distinction, in my Manichean worldview, is liberal vs. conservative.

And along those lines, "compassion and empathy " identifies a clear distinction between the two groups.

A major difference is the goal of the political process. For the Liberal, it is equality. For the Conservative, it is liberty.

And I wagered you couldn't see FOX as biased. Nuff sais...

No, relative to the other cable and broadband median, Fox is fair and evenhanded.

It's telling that you did not comment on the vast number of newsreaders that I listed, lefties all, and have the nerve to demand that Fox conform to that paradigm as well.

For every right leaning Fox personality, I can name a left leaner.

Sadly, you fail to realize where you stand on the political spectrum.

The freedom to succeed implies the possibility of failure.

You cannot limit the penalties of failure without also similarly limiting the rewards of success. Futher the more you penalize the latter the more you will get of the former. And utterly risk averse society is a society that is doomed to a long slow tortured death.

No, relative to the other cable and broadband median, Fox is fair and evenhanded.

It's telling that you did not comment on the vast number of newsreaders that I listed, lefties all, and have the nerve to demand that Fox conform to that paradigm as well.
It's telling that you failed to mention how 75% of people who rely on Fox as their primary source of news are Republicans, whereas only 2% are Democrats.
It's equally telling that, among those who rely on CNN as their primary source of news, the ratio of Republicans to Democrats is close to 50/50.
For better or for worse, news outlets are going to tailor their material to their audience demographics.

The freedom to succeed implies the possibility of failure.

You cannot limit the penalties of failure without also similarly limiting the rewards of success. Futher the more you penalize the latter the more you will get of the former. And utterly risk averse society is a society that is doomed to a long slow tortured death.
We are already halfway there. In every calculation for risk taking, we now have to include the possibility of being sued by one special interest group or another if our business model does not meet with their agenda.

It's telling that you failed to mention how 75% of people who rely on Fox as their primary source of news are Republicans, whereas only 2% are Democrats.
It's equally telling that, among those who rely on CNN as their primary source of news, the ratio of Republicans to Democrats is close to 50/50.
For better or for worse, news outlets are going to tailor their material to their audience demographics.

Please supply us with your sources you dumbass. If you haven't any, then shut the f__k up. You always bring nothing but your stupid ass mouth to this board.

Please supply us with your sources you dumbass. If you haven't any, then shut the f__k up. You always bring nothing but your stupid ass mouth to this board.

This post says more about you, than it does about him.

Anyone who wants the source of my FOX/CNN viewer demographics is welcome to them. They just have to ask me nicely. :eusa_angel:

Last edited:

This post says more about you, than it does about him.
No Chris, this is a guy who makes up his own facts as he goes along. If he wants to be taken seriously on this board he should back up what he says with sources.
By the way Chris, he isn't going to be able to come up with what he stated. If he can, I will apologize...but I know better. He is a liar, and lot of people on this board have found that out.

Last edited:

Here is the problem with that idea, or let's rephrase and I think you'll see the problem: Liberals want equality of outcome, while Conservatives equality of opportunity.

In my professional world the term "equitable opportunity for equal access" is used ad nausea. I disagree that liberals, of which I am not, want to see equitable outcomes. They want to see euitable access, which if the table is level, will deam equitable outcomes. But you and I know that the table is very rarely level. The republican says, "Oh well, so be it. You lose." The Democrat says, "So be it, how can we make things better."

The big difference between FOX and CNN is that when FOX gives you the straight up news, they then tell you in usually an underhanded way, what the news actually should mean to you. CNN, on the other hand usually just gives you the news. I can think of a few occasions when they veared to the left and actually a few when they were very critical of the left. There are NO centrist or left leaning news programs on FOX. I don't think the Ausie will allow it. The WSJ will soon fall to his wishes. Remember I said this when it does.

There are NO centrist or left leaning news programs on FOX. I don't think the Ausie will allow it. The WSJ will soon fall to his wishes. Remember I said this when it does.

The WSJ doesn't need to fall to his wishes. Their editorial policy has alway been to the right of Genghis Khan.

In my professional world the term "equitable opportunity for equal access" is used ad nausea. I disagree that liberals, of which I am not, want to see equitable outcomes. They want to see euitable access, which if the table is level, will deam equitable outcomes. But you and I know that the table is very rarely level. The republican says, "Oh well, so be it. You lose." The Democrat says, "So be it, how can we make things better."

The big difference between FOX and CNN is that when FOX gives you the straight up news, they then tell you in usually an underhanded way, what the news actually should mean to you. CNN, on the other hand usually just gives you the news. I can think of a few occasions when they veared to the left and actually a few when they were very critical of the left. There are NO centrist or left leaning news programs on FOX. I don't think the Ausie will allow it. The WSJ will soon fall to his wishes. Remember I said this when it does.

Geraldo Rivera...Geraldo At Large. Just sayin...

Geraldo Rivera...Geraldo At Large. Just sayin...
jim is a blind partisan
and it seems so is the moron claiming to be a centrist

Forum List

Back