Cheney ordered concealment of counter-terrorism from Congress

Political Junky

Gold Member
May 27, 2009
Former vice-president Dick Cheney ordered the CIA to conceal counter-terrorism plan from Congress | World news | guardian.co.uk
:clap2:
The former US vice-president Dick Cheney ordered the CIA to conceal a highly secret counter-terrorist programme from Congress for eight years, possibly in breach of longstanding oversight laws.

Democratic leaders in Congress are planning hearings to establish how and why information about the programme was withheld. The details have been revealed to members of intelligence committees but not been made public.

The revelation in the US press on Sunday that Cheney played a primary role in keeping the programme secret suggests that it would have been highly contentious. Attention has focused on reports earlier this year that he oversaw an assassination programme.

Any concrete proof of this or is this really just more politics to cover for that crazed dirtbag, Pelosi?

Any concrete proof of this or is this really just more politics to cover for that crazed dirtbag, Pelosi?
Did you bother to read the article? ... this was released TODAY.
It shows us that, among other things, Speaker Pelosi was right.

An article from the Guardian? Why would I bother with an article from the Guardian?

I asked a simple question. Do you have any concrete proof? You know, a person from the CIA that was told BY Dick Cheney that the CIA will keep secrets from the Congress.

Something from a credible source like that?

Oh, I see. This is about that program that never went into implementation. The rest is based upon 'closed' sessions in which a number of Democrats said that they were briefed that the CIA had with-held information. Convenient that the American people are not privy to those sessions in which it just so happens that Puckered Pelosi is vindicated.

An article from the Guardian? Why would I bother with an article from the Guardian?

I asked a simple question. Do you have any concrete proof? You know, a person from the CIA that was told BY Dick Cheney that the CIA will keep secrets from the Congress.

That's funny, really. Someone posted a video to "prove" that global warming is not caused by mankind. All those participating spoke with British accents. I commented, at the time, how weird it was that wingnuts cite British sources when it is to their advantage.
BTW, many news sources carried this story today ... read, read, read.
Does this source meet with your approval?
http://www.foxnews.com/politics/200...eney-directed-cia-silent-counter-terror-plan/

Last edited:
much ado about nothing

The law requires the president to keep Congress "fully and currently informed of the intelligence activities", although it does allow information to be withheld about "exceptionally sensitive matters". However, it has been the accepted practice that the existence of even the most secret category of covert programmes is revealed to the "gang of eight" Democratic and Republican leaders of the two houses of Congress and their intelligence committees. That was not done on this occasion, apparently on Cheney's orders.

(yawn)

so she convinces Leon and other democrats that this is what happened. Ridiculous , only 3 of the very top Al-Queda leaders were water boarded, one being the master-mind of 9-11.

I am all for water-boarding any of these idiots including Pelosi, maybe that's what we need to do to get to the truth.:lol:

As of yet, an unproven story simply getting circulated by the state run media.

Obama's poll numbers must have dipped again.

Methinks Cheney is saying "bring it on" regarding all of this - and Pelosi is gonna get burned yet again. She grows more inept and insulated with each passing year...

This is just the tip of the iceberg IMHO. Uncle Fester and his obedientTexas friend basically turned the White House into a Kingdom. They decided what the Congress should know. They decided who and when anyone should be told. They decided who should be tortured. At least Cheney has finally shut up.

Maybe he is preparing for a remake of the Adams Family...

Remarkable! He will need little if any makeup.

Uncle Fester - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

This is just the tip of the iceberg IMHO. Uncle Fester and his obedientTexas friend basically turned the White House into a Kingdom. They decided what the Congress should know. They decided who and when anyone should be told. They decided who should be tortured. At least Cheney has finally shut up.

Maybe he is preparing for a remake of the Adams Family...

Remarkable! He will need little if any makeup.

Uncle Fester - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

If you cannot be informative, at least try and be somewhat entertaining.

Good Lord your post was tripe...

That's funny, really. Someone posted a video to "prove" that global warming is not caused by mankind. All those participating spoke with British accents. I commented, at the time, how weird it was that wingnuts cite British sources when it is to their advantage.
BTW, many news sources carried this story today ... read, read, read.
Does this source meet with your approval?
Officials Say Cheney Directed CIA to Be Silent on Counter-Terror Plan - Political News - FOXNews.com

I never cite any media. I only believe in going to the source. And then, I expect that source to be fully vetted as to who is paying him for the information, how the information was obtained and what the sources politics are.

We are way past the time in which we believe anything any of the media outlets tell us.

As of yet, an unproven story simply getting circulated by the state run media.

Obama's poll numbers must have dipped again.

Methinks Cheney is saying "bring it on" regarding all of this - and Pelosi is gonna get burned yet again. She grows more inept and insulated with each passing year...

Gotta get the focus off the economy for a bit.

I never cite any media. I only believe in going to the source. And then, I expect that source to be fully vetted as to who is paying him for the information, how the information was obtained and what the sources politics are.
We are way past the time in which we believe anything any of the media outlets tell us.

FOX, CNN...and you are still unsure. Do you need a note from Cheney?

There are many things that congress does not need to know about. Telling congress about everything that is going on is akin to broadcasting to the enemy all the plans and postures of our defense mechanism. All you that disagree be damned.

There are many things that congress does not need to know about. Telling congress about everything that is going on is akin to broadcasting to the enemy all the plans and postures of our defense mechanism. All you that disagree be damned.

Especially if it happens to be illegal.

Forum List

Back