Cheating

I cheated on my high school senior year final for English class. I hate reading novels and most of the semester was spent on novels so my grade was horrible. I needed to score an 80 on the final to be able to pass the class and get the credits I needed, and since I didn't read any of the novels there was no way I was going to get an 80.

So a buddy of mine did this: A couple days before the final, he pulled a fire alarm in the school and and went into the teacher's filing cabinet while everyone was outside and pulled out her final exam. She was well known to keep her final exams in that cabinet.

During finals week, each day you would have 2 final exams. On my English final day, I had Business Management for my final before English. The guy who stole the final was in that class with me. He handed out a cheat sheet to a couple of us who needed it.

I went to my English final, told the teacher that I preferred to sit in the back of the class so I could be alone and concentrate (she knew how bad I needed the 80) and she actually LET ME.

I used the cheat sheet and got a 96 on the final. I didn't want it to be 100 because that would look to obvious :D

I'm glad I got that off my chest. Thanks for this thread EZ :D

I cheated on my high school senior year final for English class. I hate reading novels and most of the semester was spent on novels so my grade was horrible. I needed to score an 80 on the final to be able to pass the class and get the credits I needed, and since I didn't read any of the novels there was no way I was going to get an 80.

So a buddy of mine did this: A couple days before the final, he pulled a fire alarm in the school and and went into the teacher's filing cabinet while everyone was outside and pulled out her final exam. She was well known to keep her final exams in that cabinet.

During finals week, each day you would have 2 final exams. On my English final day, I had Business Management for my final before English. The guy who stole the final was in that class with me. He handed out a cheat sheet to a couple of us who needed it.

I went to my English final, told the teacher that I preferred to sit in the back of the class so I could be alone and concentrate (she knew how bad I needed the 80) and she actually LET ME.

I used the cheat sheet and got a 96 on the final. I didn't want it to be 100 because that would look to obvious :D

You still deserve a spanking...... Gunny or Dis?

At least you were honest about it, and wasn't one of those peeps who say they've never lied or cheated in their life!

I think they are lying when they say that! :lol:

The world measures people by grades and scores and compares people against each other all the time. Naturally everyone wants to succeed and be the best (most people secretly desire to be) and they think they need to cheat at times to accomplish this on test or other measurements. No one wants to be seen as dumb or an idiot. And it matters not if you are caught or not because you know yourself that you are being dishonest. People that cheat and always get away with it tend to cheat later on in life because they see an easy way out. It’s just like stealing. If they get away with it, they will continue to do it. People that get caught or almost get caught recognize the cost and don’t do it anymore.

Cheating on a partner is another matter entirely. Most times in a relationship the mad rush of adrenaline and emotional lust wear off after a time and hopefully you are left with a loving and fruitful friendship. I think that relationships that lose that friendship are prime breeding grounds for cheating. Without that togetherness the lure of someone else becomes too much for some people. They succumb to this lure, sometime only once, sometimes more and this destroys the trust in their relationship. It starts building a wall a brick at a time till the relationship is dead or some intervention cause it to be torn down.

Society is part of the problem for cheating and when I say society I mean that young people see people cheating in the movies, on TV and even in their own families and they think it is ok because everyone else is doing it. That is not so, but they get that idea. Yes people cheated back in the day too, but it was not as widespread as it is today.
Well said. And your observation on external influences is especially astute.

One outstanding example of negative influence is Obama's refusal to seek prosecution for the crimes perpetrated by the Bush Administration. His willingness to ignore such blatant immorality on the part of government is a clear lesson for this generation as well as an invitation for similar conduct on the part of future administrations.

You still deserve a spanking...... Gunny or Dis?

You get a CHOICE?!?

Ain't that a bitch!

At least you were honest about it, and wasn't one of those peeps who say they've never lied or cheated in their life!

I think you're letting Paulie off too easily... :eusa_whistle:

Let he who is without sin cast the first stone.

Hey, just because I don't believe the dude was God doesn't mean he wasn't worth listening to. Everybody gets a couple right.​

Why do you think people cheat? On tests, on their lovers, on their business, on their taxes, etc.

Have you ever cheated on anything? If so, why?

Character is what you do when nobody is looking.

"Just win, baby". That's what our society teaches our young nowadays.

That's a good point too. So many coaches yelling, screaming at these young kids in youth leagues, parents beating up the refs because of a bad call, college kids getting "paid" by alum, pro coaches tripping players,,,,,,,,,,,,it starts in pee-wee league and goes right up to the pros.

Why do you think people cheat? On tests, on their lovers, on their business, on their taxes, etc.

Have you ever cheated on anything? If so, why?

Character is what you do when nobody is looking.

"Just win, baby". That's what our society teaches our young nowadays.

That's a good point too. So many coaches yelling, screaming at these young kids in youth leagues, parents beating up the refs because of a bad call, college kids getting "paid" by alum, pro coaches tripping players,,,,,,,,,,,,it starts in pee-wee league and goes right up to the pros.

I actually believe it trickles down. Kids want to emulate their heroes, be that in good or bad behavior. They see these millionaire athletes getting away with doing whatever as long as they win and think that they to can do whatever they want as long as they are winning, and sadly they are usually right.

Probably the best lesson I learned about cheating came in second grade, from the teacher, natch. ;)

Question to class, "How many of you steal?" Of course no hands went up. My first thought was that someone had and I wondered, 'who?' She then went onto ask, "How many have used someone else's work to complete their own? You know, like homework or just borrowing an answer during a quiz or test?" Many hands went up, but not mine! LOL! Not because it hadn't crossed my mind, but I already knew I couldn't hear where the teacher was and would get caught.

She went onto explain that 'borrowing' work was stealing, even if the other person gave you permission. You are robbing yourself of actual learning. You are also robbing the teacher of knowing who really understands and if the answers were right, she's going to go onto the next lesson and maybe you don't understand because you didn't do the work.

After that I had no desire to cheat. As I got older and understood the other connotations, I was glad I'd learned the lesson young.

I'm so jealous!

Figuratively GREEN with envy!

( :eusa_shhh: Don't tell Dave or The T! )​

:eusa_think: I can't remember a fucking thing that happened to me before 1977.

I have never cheated on a lady/wife.
I think I cheated once in 3rd grade on a test...

Many now seem to think cheating is not wrong, only getting caught is wrong.

Speaking of getting caught...

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fMNzF9i8e4k[/ame]

Last edited:
I can't cheat on my wife. I'm too stupid. I'd get the names mixed up and both the girl friend and the wife would be pissed off at me. I'd be in the shits with both of them.

Simple fix, call them both Honey. :lol:

Unless they're sisters and one of them is really named 'Honey'.

[SIZE="-2"]I've still got that scar...... :slap: [/SIZE]​

Last edited:
I only cheat on my taxes... seems fair..

I do my own. I haven't had a clue as to whether or not I've cheated since 1977 - the paperwork's too fucking complicated.

I write down what I can afford to pay in the last box and work my way back to a schedule 'C' - Profit or Loss From a Business. Some years are good, some years not so much.

:eusa_think: I just realized 1977 was a pivitol year! :eek:

School cheating - never to better my score but I did let folks copy off of me a few times in grade, middle, and high school. In undergrad and grad, never.

Relationship cheating - Yes. On my first fiancee. I already knew he was wrong for me when I did, but hadn't had the guts to tell him it was off. I finally did. I was a very immature 24 year old.

In undergrad, I stole one of those packaged brownies during a night of partying. I felt bad about that the next day and went there to give the cashier money for it.

Forum List

Back