immigrants. To boycott oil companies or not; to provide amnesty to illegal
immigrants or not, etc.

Since I have become jaded to the various solutions proposed by the
Republicans, Democrats, Sierra Club, ACLU, etc. I have elected to solve the
problems as they affect me. It solves both my gas and illegal immigrant
problems.

I have hired illegal immigrants to push my car. They're plentiful and
cheaper than buying gas.

Ahahaha....I see great minds think alike.

Actually, I have a better idea. I'm going to get a couple of bicycle tires, mount them on the side of a metal trash can, cut out the back of the can, and spray paint it gold, so I can have a gilded chariot. Then I'll cruise around town dressed as a Roman general.

-Cp said:
My mailbox is being flooded with mail concerning gas prices and illegal
immigrants or not, etc.

problems.

cheaper than buying gas.

Illegal "immigrant"? What's that? How can you be an immigrant AND illegal. Don't immigrants go through the legal process? I thought so, so how can you be an "illegal immigrant"? The term itself is contradictory.

So, I'll gather you mean illegal "alien", or maybe even "criminal infiltrator".

-Cp said:
My mailbox is being flooded with mail concerning gas prices and illegal
immigrants or not, etc.

problems.

cheaper than buying gas.

How many? If you get a "four illegal" I'm going to have to get an "eight!" :laugh:

Pale Rider said:
Illegal "immigrant"? What's that? How can you be an immigrant AND illegal. Don't immigrants go through the legal process? I thought so, so how can you be an "illegal immigrant"? The term itself is contradictory.

So, I'll gather you mean illegal "alien", or maybe even "criminal infiltrator".

I usually agree with you, and as far as their legality goes, I agree with you that they are criminals.

However, and immigrant is defined as a person who leaves one country to settle in another. Legality is not an issue, so "illegal immigrant" IS a correct term.

The semantics are not the issue. The undermining of our social infrastructure and our inability to enforce our own borders against criminals coming and going as they please IS.

GunnyL said:
I usually agree with you, and as far as their legality goes, I agree with you that they are criminals.

However, and immigrant is defined as a person who leaves one country to settle in another. Legality is not an issue, so "illegal immigrant" IS a correct term.

The semantics are not the issue. The undermining of our social infrastructure and our inability to enforce our own borders against criminals coming and going as they please IS.

And I usually agree with you. But you're wrong here.

An immigrant is one who "ASSIMILATES" into the country in which they have entered. The vast majority of wetbacks here are here to make money to send back to mexico. They have NO ambition to become "AMERICAN". So, no, they are NOT immigrants. They are illegal "ALIENS".

The ClayTaurus said:
http://www.answers.com/immigrant&r=67

I don't see the word assimilate anywhere. :dunno:

Maybe your ancestors didn't assimilate. Mine did.

Alien (law), in the US, a person who is neither a native nor a citizen of their country of residence (this term is not used outside the US for people from another country)
resident alien - an alien (foreign national) in legal residence in another country

illegal alien - an alien (foreign national) who did not legally enter another country
enemy alien - an alien (foreign national) whose country is at war with the country they reside in

Forum List

Back