Charlie Wilson (D) Texas Dies

Vast LWC

<-Mohammed
Aug 4, 2009
New York
The man who actually was responsible for winning the Cold War died today.

RIP Charlie.

Now I suppose all kinds of right-wingers are going to insult him because he was a liberal Democrat. Sigh.

He ended the cold war? Charlie Wilson?

LOL

Libs really are fucking retards

You have no fucking clue what Charlie Wilson did, do you?

Crediting Wilson with ending the Cold War is like saying Harrison Ford found the Ark of Covenant.
Wait, there is proof!

raiders_of_the_lost_ark_1.jpg

tommyflanagan.jpg

Yeah.. I went to Vietnam, and I was injured catching a mortar shell in my teeth. And they made me a three-star general! And then I got a job in journalism, writing for the National Enquire.. er, Geographic! Yeah.. I was making twenty thousand a ye.. month! In fact, I won the Pulitzer Prize that year! Yeah, that's the ticket.

The man who actually was responsible for winning the Cold War died today.

RIP Charlie.

Now I suppose all kinds of right-wingers are going to insult him because he was a liberal Democrat. Sigh.

Winning the cold war? I thought he was instumental in helping the Afghan people fight of the Soviets in the 80's.

Wilson's contribution to bringing about the fall of the USSR should not be dismissed out of hand. While I do not agree that he is "responsible for winning the Cold War," he certainly lit one of many fuses.

A true American, faults and all. May he rest in peace.

May Charlie rest in peace.

And how unsurprising, another Democrat who's dead and the Republicans decide to mock the guy because they disagreed with someone else said on him.

Good thing that in reality one of the "other guys" was Ronald Reagan

Sweet, what did Reagan do, specifically, that didn't involve Charlie Wilson, that ended the cold war?

When I say Charlie was responsible, I mean that he was the last person in a long line of people fighting the war.

Thus he was able to "win" it through the efforts of his predecessors as well as himself, and that he was the one who put that big ol' straw on the camel's back.

It's like saying Grant "won" the Civil War.

I can't wait to find out what Reagan's specific contribution was, besides giving a good speech about "tearing down a wall".

Last edited:
Wilson's contribution to bringing about the fall of the USSR should not be dismissed out of hand. While I do not agree that he is "responsible for winning the Cold War," he certainly lit one of many fuses.

A true American, faults and all. May he rest in peace.

^^^^ What he said. Typical progressives to provoke an argument by claiming their guy walked on water. Charlie was a good American. Pity he is dishonored by those who pretend to salute him.

Show me an American that does not have faults and I'll show you someone I don't trust.

^^^^ What he said. Typical progressives to provoke an argument by claiming their guy walked on water. Charlie was a good American. Pity he is dishonored by those who pretend to salute him.

Show me an American that does not have faults and I'll show you someone I don't trust.

Charlie Wilson is one of my idols.

I don't "pretend" to salute him, I was in military intelligence while in the service and was very impressed by Rep Wilson altogether.

And, with all due respect, you can go fuck yourself for saying so.

Last edited:

Charlie Wilson is one of my idols.

I don't "pretend" to salute him, I was in military intelligence while in the service and was very impressed by Rep Wilson altogether.

And, with all due respect, you can go fuck yourself for saying so.

Sure you do, you think Charlie himself would take all the credit for the achievements of others who did as much? I doubt that every much. So with the lack of respect that you personally deserve, go fuck yourself too.

And, no, your kid isn't all that. He's as cute as any other kid. Nothing special to anyone but his family. Live with it. You produced a human being... whoooopy fucking do.

Sure you do, you think Charlie himself would take all the credit for the achievements of others who did as much? I doubt that every much. So with the lack of respect that you personally deserve, go fuck yourself too.

And, no, your kid isn't all that. He's as cute as any other kid. Nothing special to anyone but his family. Live with it. You produced a human being... whoooopy fucking do.

Perhaps there is some history between you two that I don't know of. But is there any reason you randomly have to drag the guy's kid into this? :eusa_eh:

Forum List

Back