Atlanta's Yellow Line Has Some Asians Seeing Red

WillowTree

Diamond Member
Sep 15, 2008
No more black holes. No more yellow lines.. I'd like to get rid of white sheets and white snow myself.. :lol::lol:

There are seven colors in a rainbow and 64 in a box of crayons. So why, some people in Atlanta are asking, did the Transit Authority have to pick yellow?

"Hotlanta" is living up to its name this winter as Asian-Americans and the city's transit officials debate the decision to rename a train route into the heart of the city's Asian community. It used to be called "Doraville," now it's the "yellow line."

Activists say the name shows a lack of sensitivity by the Metropolitan Atlanta Rapid Transit Authority (MARTA), which changed the line's name on Oct. 1. MARTA officials plan to meet on Friday with a group of Asian-Americans to discuss their concerns about the color-coded

Atlanta's Yellow Line Has Some Asians Seeing Red - Local News | News Articles | National News | US News - FOXNews.com

In Charlotte, our light rail line is called the blue line. There was controversy over that as well as some were concerned that the Vulcans in the community might be offended.

Andorians, not Vulcans.

Get in touch with your inner Shatner.

captain-kirk.jpg

It runs by Budford Highway that has been over run with the yellow people. 98% of them couldnt give a flying fuck about what color the line is. But you have a few liberal minded fucktards that want to make a big deal over it. Next the NAACP will be whining about the black line that runs downtown.

In Charlotte, our light rail line is called the blue line. There was controversy over that as well as some were concerned that the Vulcans in the community might be offended.

I'd have thought the cops would be pissed off about a "blue line."

No more black holes. No more yellow lines.. I'd like to get rid of white sheets and white snow myself.. :lol::lol:

There are seven colors in a rainbow and 64 in a box of crayons. So why, some people in Atlanta are asking, did the Transit Authority have to pick yellow?

"Hotlanta" is living up to its name this winter as Asian-Americans and the city's transit officials debate the decision to rename a train route into the heart of the city's Asian community. It used to be called "Doraville," now it's the "yellow line."

Activists say the name shows a lack of sensitivity by the Metropolitan Atlanta Rapid Transit Authority (MARTA), which changed the line's name on Oct. 1. MARTA officials plan to meet on Friday with a group of Asian-Americans to discuss their concerns about the color-coded

Atlanta's Yellow Line Has Some Asians Seeing Red - Local News | News Articles | National News | US News - FOXNews.com

Are Asians allowed to see red without pissing off the Indians?

Its a freakin color. Who cares?

I doubt it's the Asians. My experience of the community as a whole is that they aren't particularly thin-skinned on the subject of racism, and often have trouble understanding why we consider it such a big deal. The closer in generation they are to immigration (ie. newly arrived or the children thereof), the less they understand political correctness. Obviously, I can't say for sure, but I suspect it has something to do with how community-oriented, versus individual-oriented, Asian societies seem to be. It makes more sense to them to attribute characteristics to someone based on the community from which he comes.

I'm the LAST person to go getting all PC over racial issues, but I gotta agree that MARTA could have (and should have) done a better job with this. Doraville is home to our Asian community, and you'll find no better authentic Asian foods than in that area. Yummm. Chinese. Japanese. Korean. You name it....it's there... And the people are welcoming to anyone who comes to try their food and their wares.

There's NO WAY IN HELL MARTA would name the line running through West End "The Black Line" (West End is 99.9999% black).

Aside that, MARTA is run by and large completely by black leadership. If THEY expect (nay, demand) racial sensitivity, they should offer it to others as well.

Rename this so-called "Yellow Line". Or re-name the line through West End the "Black Line", and the line running to Alpharetta ought to be the "White Line".

Equality and all. ;)

I doubt it's the Asians. My experience of the community as a whole is that they aren't particularly thin-skinned on the subject of racism, and often have trouble understanding why we consider it such a big deal. The closer in generation they are to immigration (ie. newly arrived or the children thereof), the less they understand political correctness. Obviously, I can't say for sure, but I suspect it has something to do with how community-oriented, versus individual-oriented, Asian societies seem to be. It makes more sense to them to attribute characteristics to someone based on the community from which he comes.

No, the Asians here are bitching and I don't blame them.

Really?

That is fracking nuts.

DC metro has: Green, Orange, Blue, Yellow, Red and a proposed Purple lines.

It is easier to remember colors than destinations for a lot of people.

If it that big of a deal then switch color with another line. Damn easy solution for a simple problem.

It's not the Asians who should be offended.

It's the folks with jaundice who should be pissed.

No, the Asians here are bitching and I don't blame them.

That is a silly damned thing to bitch about. It's an even sillier damned thing to spend all the money and effort to change the name over.

Really?

That is fracking nuts.

DC metro has: Green, Orange, Blue, Yellow, Red and a proposed Purple lines.

It is easier to remember colors than destinations for a lot of people.

If it that big of a deal then switch color with another line. Damn easy solution for a simple problem.

If it was my city, I'd be bitching my head off over having tax money wasted to soothe the ruffled feathers of people who run around looking for something to be ruffled over.

Forum List

Back