Charlie Wilson (D) Texas Dies

Sure you do, you think Charlie himself would take all the credit for the achievements of others who did as much? I doubt that every much. So with the lack of respect that you personally deserve, go fuck yourself too.

And, no, your kid isn't all that. He's as cute as any other kid. Nothing special to anyone but his family. Live with it. You produced a human being... whoooopy fucking do.

Nice.

What's the matter, are you too unbelievably unattractive to find someone willing to reproduce with you? Is that why you're so bitter?

You should really go check out one of those sperm banks, even someone as nasty as you shouldn't have a problem getting themselves with child there.

Oh, on second thought, please, don't. The thought of you reproducing is a bit too disgusting to contemplate.

Perhaps there is some history between you two that I don't know of. But is there any reason you randomly have to drag the guy's kid into this? :eusa_eh:

Yeah, that's the way she operates I guess.

My response was harsh, but hey, I think deservedly so.

I hate it when nasty people bring me down to their level.

Democrats dropping like flies. Wonder if its because they are seeing what they have done to this country and cannot bear to live with themselves any longer. I can see Charlie dying with a broken heart for what his fellow democrats have done in three short years to the future of this great country.

Perhaps there is some history between you two that I don't know of. But is there any reason you randomly have to drag the guy's kid into this? :eusa_eh:

Yeah, that's the way she operates I guess.

My response was harsh, but hey, I think deservedly so.

I hate it when nasty people bring me down to their level.

Sorry Vast, but the truth is, only you can bring yourself down to, or up to, anyone elses level.

The man who actually was responsible for winning the Cold War died today.

RIP Charlie.

Now I suppose all kinds of right-wingers are going to insult him because he was a liberal Democrat. Sigh.

That's vastly over-stating Wilson's importance. I enjoyed the book, but was appalled that a single congressman could get away with what Wilson got away with.

Furthermore, the guys Wilson supported are the same guys that are shooting at us now.

He could have supported Massoud, but he didn't.

Charlie.jpg

I ended the Cold War

And I started the Bubba Gump Shrimp Company
The guy on the right had a great line when asked about who is fighting the Soviets in Afghanistan: 'Me and two other guys'

Good thing that in reality one of the "other guys" was Ronald Reagan

You obviously didn't read the book.

Gust Avrakotos was referring to his collegues. His Afghanistan desk was majorly understaffed, but one of them was an ex SF guy who was a brilliant tactician.

^^^^ What he said. Typical progressives to provoke an argument by claiming their guy walked on water. Charlie was a good American. Pity he is dishonored by those who pretend to salute him.

Show me an American that does not have faults and I'll show you someone I don't trust.

Charlie Wilson is one of my idols.

I don't "pretend" to salute him, I was in military intelligence while in the service and was very impressed by Rep Wilson altogether.

And, with all due respect, you can go fuck yourself for saying so.

Sure you do, you think Charlie himself would take all the credit for the achievements of others who did as much? I doubt that every much. So with the lack of respect that you personally deserve, go fuck yourself too.

And, no, your kid isn't all that. He's as cute as any other kid. Nothing special to anyone but his family. Live with it. You produced a human being... whoooopy fucking do.

:lol:

nice exposure of true ugliness. superficial charm cannot carry you far.

That's vastly over-stating Wilson's importance. I enjoyed the book, but was appalled that a single congressman could get away with what Wilson got away with.

Furthermore, the guys Wilson supported are the same guys that are shooting at us now.

Actually, for the most part, that is not true. There are a few members of Al Qaeda that were in fact part of the Mujahideen, but the the Afghan members of the Taliban actually fled to Pakistan during the Russian war and came back afterwards to take over the country.

Most of the Mujahideen were actually the non-Taliban tribesmen that were our allies in the post 9/11 Afghan invasion.

As I said in an earlier post, I was referring to the fact that he was the person that finally broke the camel's back, thus "winning" the war.

There were many, many people who contributed throughout the 40+ years the Cold War lasted.

Actually, for the most part, that is not true. There are a few members of Al Qaeda that were in fact part of the Mujahideen, but the the Afghan members of the Taliban actually fled to Pakistan during the Russian war and came back afterwards to take over the country.

Most of the Mujahideen were actually the non-Taliban tribesmen that were our allies in the post 9/11 Afghan invasion.

gulbuddin hekmatyar is now a wanted person. and that is just one warlord who was financed by the us and pakistan to fight the soviets.

Actually, it is totally true. The book recounts how we funded, and even met with those thugs Hekmatyar and Haqquani.

I wasn't talking about Al Queda. I was talking about the Pashtun warlords we propped up (on the advice of ISI-D). We failed, for the most part, to support the warlords that went on to become the Northern Alliance.

Hekmatyar sure was a wise investment. He rubbled Kabul after the Soviets left, removed Massoud, and allowed the Taliban to come into the country.

As I said in an earlier post, I was referring to the fact that he was the person that finally broke the camel's back, thus "winning" the war.

There were many, many people who contributed throughout the 40+ years the Cold War lasted.

I'd give the credit to a political philosophy that was fundamentally flawed from the onset.

gulbuddin hekmatyar is now a wanted person. and that is just one warlord who was financed by the us and pakistan to fight the soviets.

Well, I did say, "For the most part", which indicates exceptions. Like hekmatyar. But good point.

Well, I did say, "For the most part", which indicates exceptions. Like hekmatyar.

That's a big frigging exception. I know most people aren't that versed in what is going on in Afghanistan, but he's considered among the top five HVTs. Even if he wasn't a player today, his actions after the Soviets withdrew, which completely destabilized Afghanistan and allowed the Taliban to take control were enough to make an honest observer realize that our policy in Afghanistan was short sighted.

Hell, even in the book, the gringos that were interviewed recount about how much Hekmatyar creeped them out.

BTW, (the significance of this was missed in the movie but not the book), Wilson got into Afghanistan because of a Houston socialite that was successfully duped by a Pakistani dictator. She led Wilson around by the nose.

Yes, you heard that right, our involvement in Afghanistan was initiated by a Houston socialite.

Like I said, it's a good lesson in a single person gaining too much power.

I liked Charlie, too, but I'm not sure a case can be made that he was a liberal dem, considering his voting record. He pretty traded his votes to get support in Afghanistan. Wha were his core beliefs that qualify him as a liberal dem?

Forum List

Back