Charles Krauthammer: Why it all starts with repeal

I always wonder as I read the post if some of you have the equiipment to face some of these people face to face. You will say you do but you won't. This posting is high CB radio from the 60"s. You say anything, use an language and people couldn't find you and hold you to be accountable.

How many years does it take to use it up? I've been on medicare for a year and have never filed a claim.. am I used up? I will be going for my physical next month. I could pay for that out of pocket if ya'll send me back my money.
One catastrophic illness will be all that it takes. Not that I am wishing such on you...

well see? that's the point. Seniors can have catastrophic events, strokes, heart attacks,, that's why they start getting you to pay in 40 years ahead of time. but, the left wants everyone on medicare, whether or not they've ever paid a dime into the system.
Not true...some of us just want a medicare like program offered to those that can't afford private insurance.

"Probably". I should not have to explain why this is a ridiculous statement. Do I need to?
:lol: Just a good guess. A retired homemaker, eligible for SS and medicare...heck, even if she's a retired rocket scientist there is a good chance that she will use up more than she has put in.

Probably is an assumption. It's always risky to assume stuff about other people. Whatever WillyT's profession, she has paid into the system. She is entitled to take from it. That is not hypocrisy, it is fair. Particularly, since there is no 'opt out' of it. If one has money forcibly taken from them by government, they are entitled to retrieve that money back when the time comes.

I've paid into the British NHS system. I'm entitled to use it (not that I would but I can)... there are also people who have never paid into the system. They use it. My money. Their benefit. Fair? Nope.
I never she said she wasn't entitled to it.

So, we are back to "gubmint, gives me my entitlement and fucks the rest of ya", huh? Of course, we've known that for a long time.

You're a great American! :salute:

You don't have to give me anything except all my money back. Give it back and you'll never hear from me again.

Seriously, I would rep you for your patience in the face of such idiocy, but I am out.

Some people will never get the difference between those who have paid into a system and therefore, rightly, are entitled to take back what they paid in and those who have never paid in, and yet are draining the country dry. Like say, illegal aliens and such.

And... some people will never understand why the strawman of 'car insurance' doesn't apply.

Maybe you should actually read the thread. Point out where I or anyone said illegals should get these services. I said "people who have paid in to the system". While you're hateful, you aren't an outright idiot like Willow is, don't lower yourself to her level.

"Probably". I should not have to explain why this is a ridiculous statement. Do I need to?
:lol: Just a good guess. A retired homemaker, eligible for SS and medicare...heck, even if she's a retired rocket scientist there is a good chance that she will use up more than she has put in.

Probably is an assumption. It's always risky to assume stuff about other people. Whatever WillyT's profession, she has paid into the system. She is entitled to take from it. That is not hypocrisy, it is fair. Particularly, since there is no 'opt out' of it. If one has money forcibly taken from them by government, they are entitled to retrieve that money back when the time comes.

I've paid into the British NHS system. I'm entitled to use it (not that I would but I can)... there are also people who have never paid into the system. They use it. My money. Their benefit. Fair? Nope.

Who said she wasn't entitled to it? The point was that she can't even admit that it's hypocritical for her to slam people who get government assistance who also paid in to the system but it's ok for her to get assistance. She should get medicare, but everyone else who paid in should get the help they need.

One catastrophic illness will be all that it takes. Not that I am wishing such on you...

well see? that's the point. Seniors can have catastrophic events, strokes, heart attacks,, that's why they start getting you to pay in 40 years ahead of time. but, the left wants everyone on medicare, whether or not they've ever paid a dime into the system.
Not true...some of us just want a medicare like program offered to those that can't afford private insurance.

I hear ya, but still I ask the question does it make sense to take 960 billion dollars out of medicare? Who needs the most care? Seniors? Who paid into the system for a lifetime? Seniors?

Who said she wasn't entitled to it? The point was that she can't even admit that it's hypocritical for her to slam people who get government assistance who also paid in to the system but it's ok for her to get assistance. She should get medicare, but everyone else who paid in should get the help they need.

You izz a moron.

You izz a moron.

:eusa_shhh:

I hear ya, but still I ask the question does it make sense to take 960 billion dollars out of medicare? Who needs the most care? Seniors? Who paid into the system for a lifetime? Seniors?
I don't support taking money of of medicare. I'd rather see the cap lifted on salaries and make all salaries subject to the tax.

You don't have to give me anything except all my money back. Give it back and you'll never hear from me again.

Seriously, I would rep you for your patience in the face of such idiocy, but I am out.

Some people will never get the difference between those who have paid into a system and therefore, rightly, are entitled to take back what they paid in and those who have never paid in, and yet are draining the country dry. Like say, illegal aliens and such.

And... some people will never understand why the strawman of 'car insurance' doesn't apply.

Maybe you should actually read the thread. Point out where I or anyone said illegals should get these services. I said "people who have paid in to the system". While you're hateful, you aren't an outright idiot like Willow is, don't lower yourself to her level.

You izz a moron.

You izz a moron.

:eusa_shhh:

Then I guess you can all stfu about my getting some of what I paid in.. sucks, but that's the way it is suckers now get thee back to work. I'll take my check in one huge sum or in lot's a little ones,, no skin off me nose. Sucks donut? :lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

So, we are back to "gubmint, gives me my entitlement and fucks the rest of ya", huh? Of course, we've known that for a long time.

Geez, we've already been thru this once. Pay attention this time. When your employer deducted it from your pay and sent it to the gubmint, it ceased being "yours". It's the gubmint's......and they ain't giving it back. You can piss in one hand and wish or demand in the other. Guess which is going to fill up first?

Geez, we've already been thru this once. Pay attention this time. When your employer deducted it from your pay and sent it to the gubmint, it ceased being "yours". It's the gubmint's......and they ain't giving it back. You can piss in one hand and wish or demand in the other. Guess which is going to fill up first?

You gonna send me one big check or a whole lotta little checks?

Yes, you are. Get my check out to me pronto. then I'll do as you wish and get off ss and off medicare. there you have it.

What is wrong with you? Seriously.

What's wrong with you? Seriously. Why would you expect someone to pay into a system for a lifetime and then expect them to walk away with nothing? Send me my check.

Sure I pretty much did, only one minor fender bender in all my lifetime of driving.
I did not get my insurance premiums back and neither should you get your SS premiums back.

None, you'll just spend it on cheap booze, cigarettes and Cheetos.

Now THATS funny!! :lol::lol:

What is wrong with you? Seriously.

What's wrong with you? Seriously. Why would you expect someone to pay into a system for a lifetime and then expect them to walk away with nothing? Send me my check.

Sure I pretty much did, only one minor fender bender in all my lifetime of driving.
I did not get my insurance premiums back and neither should you get your SS premiums back.

You weren't forced to own a car.

I didn't get to be this old on cheap booze and cigarettes, we'll have to negotiate the cheetoes.

Suppose someone -- say, the president of United States -- proposed the following: We are drowning in debt. More than $14 trillion right now. I've got a great idea for deficit reduction. It will yield a savings of $230 billion over the next 10 years: We increase spending by $540 billion while we increase taxes by $770 billion.

He'd be laughed out of town. And yet, this is precisely what the Democrats are claiming as a virtue of Obamacare. During the debate over Republican attempts to repeal it, one of the Democrats' major talking points has been that Obamacare reduces the deficit -- and therefore repeal raises it -- by $230 billion. Why, the Congressional Budget Office says exactly that.

Charles Krauthammer: Why it all starts with repeal | The Indianapolis Star | IndyStar.com

At least Krauthammer is acknowledging that repeal IS in fact a 230 billion dollar budget buster, and, as a bonus, does away with many significant improvements in the healthcare system.

What if someone proposed THAT? What if someone proposed making the healthcare system worse, and adding 230 billion to the deficit in order to make it worse?

Who's supposed to be laughed out of town exactly?

Odd how we're no longer getting any more input from CaliforniaGirl. Weird how when I point out something that she was obviously wrong about and had no business commenting on, she ignores it.

Forum List

Back