Cellphone Bill Ruins Woman's Life

If she's too stoopid to get a prepaid anonymous phone with which to conduct her illicit affairs then she deserves what she gets.

"Privacy" is simply a code word for "secrets". Unless you are planning a 40th birthday party, secrets have no place in a marriage.
Suppose a friend confides in you something very confidential. Are you obligated to tell your spouse?

Of course not. But that information - if revealed - would not be grounds for divorce. A secret that can cost you your marriage - like a suspicious cell phone bill - could. I'm not talking law here, just what I believe a marriage commitment is.

My husband and I have power of attorney and he is entrusted with my living will. I think it's ridiculous that he can't even take a message from my doctor.

So, I thought about this more last night. Here's another thought that occurred to me: Her husband had to have already suspected. I mean, perhaps I'm just an incredibly trusting soul (I doubt this very much, as I was cheated on many times before I met my boyfriend), but if I was looking at his bill, and saw a lot of calls to one number, my first thought would not be "oh, let me call this number". My initial thought would be to ask him what was up with that. And, ok, I'll admit, he has a job where trusting him is made easier and he uses his cell phone frequently for work, so that may have something to do with it, too. But it just seems to me that most people, unless they already suspect their spouse/significant other is up to something, are not going to immediately jump to calling a number on the bill. Or am I just being incredibly gullible?

Last edited:

Forum List

Back