Cell research discredited

You might as well be saying that only unicorn stem cells get results.
No, just further proof. Abortion is wrong.

Since embryonic stem cells don't come from abortion- I don't know why you think that adult stem cells means that abortion is wrong.
The stem cells used from dead babies hasn't produced anything useful in stem cell research. No matter what you call them.

Whatever- you can ignore the facts as much as you want in your anti-abortion- unrelated tirade.
The fact is, no valuable results has come from stem cells used from aborted babies. Fact is enormous life saving results has come from adult stem cells. Glad to teach you.

I don't think the word 'fact' means what you think it does.

Your biased opinion does not mean fact.

Meanwhile, I don't know of any research being done using the cells from aborted fetuses.

No, just further proof. Abortion is wrong.

Since embryonic stem cells don't come from abortion- I don't know why you think that adult stem cells means that abortion is wrong.
The stem cells used from dead babies hasn't produced anything useful in stem cell research. No matter what you call them.

Whatever- you can ignore the facts as much as you want in your anti-abortion- unrelated tirade.
The fact is, no valuable results has come from stem cells used from aborted babies. Fact is enormous life saving results has come from adult stem cells. Glad to teach you.

Meanwhile, I don't know of any research being done using the cells from aborted fetuses.
Yeah i'm sorry I don't think they use them anymore. I remember Bush signing something that banned research using cells from aborted babies. My fault, was a long week.

Yeah i'm sorry I don't think they use them anymore. I remember Bush signing something that banned research using cells from aborted babies. My fault, was a long week.

Good to see you're seeing the light.
Syrius already gave y'all the information below but here it is again for Kishergirl's reading pleasure.

www.cirm.ca.gov

I'm opposed to abortion. Do embryonic stem cell lines come from aborted fetuses?
No. Emybronic stem cells only come from four to five day old blastocysts or younger embryos.

I've heard that creating embryonic stem cell lines destroys the embryo
This is true in most cases. The hollow blastocyst contains a cluster of roughly 20-30 cells called the inner cell mass. These are the cells that become embryonic stem cells in a lab dish. The process of extracting these cells destroys the embryo. Remember that the embryos were donated from in vitro fertilization clinics. They had either been rejected for implantation and were going to be destroyed, or the couple had decided to stop storing the embryos for future use. The embryos used to create embryonic stem cell lines were already destined to be destroyed.

A second method for creating embryonic stem cell lines does not destroy the embryo. Instead, scientists take a single cell from a very early stage IVF embryo and can use that one cell to develop a new line. The process of removing one cell from an early stage embryo has been done for many years as a way of testing the embryo for genetic predisposition to diseases such as Tay Sachs. This process is called preimplantation genetic testing.

http://www.stemcellresearch.umich.edu/overview/faq.html#section0

How is President Obama’s executive order likely to affect embryonic stem cell research at the University of Michigan?

On March 9, 2009, President Obama signed an executive order lifting the Bush administration’s strict limits on federal funding for embryonic stem cell research. As a result, the federal government is expected to invest millions of dollars in new embryonic stem cell research.

Oh look, more junk science so revered by the left has been exposed to be fraud:

"The Japanese researcher whose claim of a major breakthrough in stem cell research was discredited resigned after the government lab where she worked failed to replicate her results."

"Obokata initially was lauded for leading the research that raised hopes for a discovery of a simple way to grow replacement tissue. But questions about the validity of the research prompted Riken scientists, including Obokata, to retract two scientific papers.

"The allegations of research misconduct prompted a shake-up at Riken."
Japan scientist quits as cell research discredited

You guys will have to find another excuse for killing and harvesting babies now.

My son worked at a stem cell lab and they no longer use or need embryonic stem cells.

The state of the art uses the patients own cells and then converts them into stem cells so they are, at least theoretically, an identical DNA match. The stem cells are then converted into other cells, liver, etc. and where it gets interesting is that in a non-insignificant portion of the time, the stem cells will spontaneously revert back to their original pre-engineered form.

Your son is probably so much smarter than you that he talks above your ability to comprehend. According to http://www.stemcellresearch:

Myth
Adult stem cells are as useful as embryonic stem cells.

Fact
Embryonic stem cells have the ability to create any cell type in the human body. Adult stem cells are more specialized; they generally make cells only from their tissue of origin. Thus, embryonic stem cells can do things that adult stem cells cannot do. To maximize the chances of discovering new cures, it is essential to pursue research on both embryonic and adult stem cells.

"The Japanese researcher whose claim of a major breakthrough in stem cell research was discredited resigned after the government lab where she worked failed to replicate her results."

"Obokata initially was lauded for leading the research that raised hopes for a discovery of a simple way to grow replacement tissue. But questions about the validity of the research prompted Riken scientists, including Obokata, to retract two scientific papers.

You guys will have to find another excuse for killing and harvesting babies now.

Discredited?
Looks to me like someone got discredited on this thread, but it wasn't-----was not Stem Cell Research.

Good God, what the hell are you talking about now, you silly broad? There are plenty of what they need in the fertility clinics cold storage. And since that material will be thrown out anyway, what differance does it make that it is used for research?

You assholes with your false morals are a shame to all Christianity.
The only cells that has produced results are adult stem cells.

Don't know what you are calling 'results'- we have already cited the researcher that has produced results in treating type 1 Diabetes from a process that started with embryonic stem cells.
Every time they use cells from a dead babies the results turn out negative. The successful results come from donated stem cells from adults.

But they LIKE to use dead baby cells!

Discredited?
Looks to me like someone got discredited on this thread, but it wasn't-----was not Stem Cell Research.

It was the idiots who support it, like you.

It's a scam.

"The Office of Research Integrity has penalized another stem cell researcher for misconduct - specifically, falsifying images in an unpublished manuscript. The scientist, Jong-hyuk Park, was working as postdoc under the supervision of Gerald Schatten at the University of Pittsburgh at the time of the incident, and was a former colleague of South Korea's Woo-suk Hwang, who has admitted to falsifying his work on human embryonic stem cells. Last week, Park was found guilty of deliberately falsifying photographic images in an unpublished manuscript circulated to his laboratory colleagues, and attempting to destroy the evidence of his misconduct."

http://www.the-scientist.com/?articles.view/articleNo/24665/title/More-stem-cell-fraud-uncovered/

The field has been exposed over and over and over.

But progressives like the thought of making stuff out of dead babies. They always have, since the day of skin lamps during WWII.

Waste not, want not...

"Until January 2006 he wasconsidered one of the world’s leadingexperts in cloning and stem cellresearch. Yet he was found by his own university to have fabricated all of the
cell lines he claimed, in articles published in Science in 2004 and 2005, to have derived from cloned human embryos..."

http://www.intellectum.org/articles/topics/Scientific fraud and Stem Cells (David Oderberg).pdf

"Back in 2005, South Korean scientist Woo-Suk Hwang published a landmark paper on stem cells in the journal Science. The underlying data were later determined to be inaccurate, if not fraudulent. Nine years later, one has a related US Patent. The first claim of US 8,647,872, with second named inventor Woo-Suk Hwang, recites..."

It doesn't matter if fraud is involved. Progressives will march forward, telling lies about the *uses* and the *scientific need* for dead babies.

IPBiz US 8 647 872 titled Human embryonic stem cell line prepared by nuclear transfer of a human somatic cell into an enucleated human oocyte

Good God, what the hell are you talking about now, you silly broad? There are plenty of what they need in the fertility clinics cold storage. And since that material will be thrown out anyway, what differance does it make that it is used for research?

You assholes with your false morals are a shame to all Christianity.
The only cells that has produced results are adult stem cells.

Don't know what you are calling 'results'- we have already cited the researcher that has produced results in treating type 1 Diabetes from a process that started with embryonic stem cells.
Every time they use cells from a dead babies the results turn out negative. The successful results come from donated stem cells from adults.

But they LIKE to use dead baby cells!

Anti-Abortionists eat dead baby cells on toast.

Good to see you're seeing the light.
Syrius already gave y'all the information below but here it is again for Kishergirl's reading pleasure.

www.cirm.ca.gov

I'm opposed to abortion. Do embryonic stem cell lines come from aborted fetuses?
No. Emybronic stem cells only come from four to five day old blastocysts or younger embryos.

I've heard that creating embryonic stem cell lines destroys the embryo
This is true in most cases. The hollow blastocyst contains a cluster of roughly 20-30 cells called the inner cell mass. These are the cells that become embryonic stem cells in a lab dish. The process of extracting these cells destroys the embryo. Remember that the embryos were donated from in vitro fertilization clinics. They had either been rejected for implantation and were going to be destroyed, or the couple had decided to stop storing the embryos for future use. The embryos used to create embryonic stem cell lines were already destined to be destroyed.

A second method for creating embryonic stem cell lines does not destroy the embryo. Instead, scientists take a single cell from a very early stage IVF embryo and can use that one cell to develop a new line. The process of removing one cell from an early stage embryo has been done for many years as a way of testing the embryo for genetic predisposition to diseases such as Tay Sachs. This process is called preimplantation genetic testing.

Thank you Dr. Mengele.

It's the money. So far the major successes have been with either adult stem cells or umbilical stem cells. Yet the majority of research money goes to the relatively unsuccessful embryonic stem cells. Just because they use embryos. Who knows what advances could have been made had that money been used on the more promising with proven results.

It's the money. So far the major successes have been with either adult stem cells or umbilical stem cells. Yet the majority of research money goes to the relatively unsuccessful embryonic stem cells. Just because they use embryos. Who knows what advances could have been made had that money been used on the more promising with proven results.

Exactly right

From Wikipedia:

Proposition 71 of 2004 (or the California Stem Cell Research and Cures Act) is a law enacted by California voters to support stem cell research in the state. It was proposed by means of the initiative process and approved in the 2004 state elections on November 2. The Act amended both the Constitution of California and the Health and Safety Code.

The Act makes conducting stem cell research a state constitutional right. It authorizes the sale of general obligation bonds to allocate three billion dollars over a period of ten years to stem cell research and research facilities. Although the funds could be used to finance all kinds of stem cell research, it gives priority to human embryonic stem cell research.

So you're saying that the scientific norm of others checking and double checking others claims for accuracy worked just fine. That's what makes it such a good system. False claims are routinely discredited, and only the most accurate and complete claims make it through to be accepted by the scientific community. Thanks for your support of science.

So you're saying that the scientific norm of others checking and double checking others claims for accuracy worked just fine. That's what makes it such a good system. False claims are routinely discredited, and only the most accurate and complete claims make it through to be accepted by the scientific community. Thanks for your support of science.

So you're saying that our constitutional system of checks and balances would be working just fine if Obama were to be impeached? Would that make it a "good system?"

So you're saying that our constitutional system of checks and balances would be working just fine if Obama were to be impeached? Would that make it a "good system?"

I understand you are trying really hard to change what I said a little to make some other point, but, in this case you failed miserably.

I understand you are trying really hard to change what I said a little to make some other point, but, in this case you failed miserably.

That's right, you "said a little to make some other (i.e., irrelevant) point."

That's right, you "said a little to make some other (i.e., irrelevant) point."

I guess the relevance is up to you. You are the only one who is sure of any point you might have been trying to make, if anyone is. I think I get what you were going for, but it is such a silly jump till I'm not really sure.

Forum List

Back