Character Assassination by Academics....

Well, then there's that hockey stick model that Al Gore pushed, and the Climategate via the University of East Anglia, then I can jump to the laughable peer-review process instituted by the Intergovernmental Panel on Climate Change, which summarily rejected studies that conflicted with global warming. Then there was the Himalayan Glaciers incident.

Yes, and Liberals call US uneducated?

If the overalll overwhelming consensus among scientists, including an overwhelming consensus among those not shown to be unethical or incompetent,

if that consensus is that the planet is warming,

how would it be that anecdotal incidents of unethical or incompetent actions in the scientific community serve to refute that consensus?

Does rampant pedophilia in the Catholic Church refute all principles of Christianity?

So how did religion come into the discussion? The planet is warming, but humans aren't causing the warming. It is part of an ancient cycle, there have been multiple warming periods over the past 800,000 years. And if you have to change the data, and manipulate models, lie about it to the masses, and intimidate or preclude scientists who come to different conclusions about a theory, then it is a fraud. I hate to break it to you.

None of what you accuse the scientists of has been proven except in isolated cases. Thus the religion analogy.

You operate the opposite of science, as does the author of this thread. You decide what you want to believe, then cherrypick the data and research to fit your beliefs.

That is not science.

Do you believe that a scientific study by 'liberal' scientists can in fact be of genuine scientific value, and can be objective despite the personal leanings of the scientists,

and therefore any attempt to summarily impugn or reject any study using those leanings is a fallacious argument?

Academic hero-worshiping usually derives from an intellectually destitute background wherein the individual is taught not to question those of superior status.

Your response does not include a simple yes or no answer to the question I posed,

which of course can be translated into a 'yes', which you cannot bear to utter out loud.

Nor did you refute my assertion regarding academic hero-worshiping. (A little too close to home?)

As to your "question:" Yes, I believe that a scientific study by liberal scientists can in fact be of scientific value AS LONG AS THE SUBJECT MATTER DOES NOT HAVE ANY PERCEIVED IMPACT ON THEIR POLITICAL AGENDA.

Well, then there's that hockey stick model that Al Gore pushed, and the Climategate via the University of East Anglia, then I can jump to the laughable peer-review process instituted by the Intergovernmental Panel on Climate Change, which summarily rejected studies that conflicted with global warming. Then there was the Himalayan Glaciers incident.

Yes, and Liberals call US uneducated?

If the overalll overwhelming consensus among scientists, including an overwhelming consensus among those not shown to be unethical or incompetent,

if that consensus is that the planet is warming,

how would it be that anecdotal incidents of unethical or incompetent actions in the scientific community serve to refute that consensus?

Does rampant pedophilia in the Catholic Church refute all principles of Christianity?
There is some consensus in the fact that the planet is warming yes but that is essentially where it begins to drop off. There is less in why and even less in what that means and less even still on whether or not it is going to be the disastrous and planet killing impact that the liberals are demanding.
One thing that is always good to pint out is that there is no real concept of ‘consensus’ in science anyway. It is meaningless. There was widespread consensus that the earth was the center of the universe as well. There was almost complete consensus that Bohr’s atom was how atoms actually worked. Both are incorrect. Funny thing is that facts don’t give a rat’s ass about your consensus. They simply are.

That consensus is used in all sorts of ways that have nothing to do with it as well. There is no consensus on cap and trade doing dick all to change anything and yet we heard from the left consistently about the consensus and that it meant we needed to pass such horrible legislation. Nor is there any facts that back up wind as alleviating the situation that we face as well. IOW, what does it matter if you have consensus about a warming earth anyway. You have no reliable prediction models, no outcomes that have any basis in fact and no real solutions to any of the problems that they are complaining about.

Add to the list New Zealand professor of clinical neurology Alan Barber:

Yup sure sounds like a quack to me.
Leading research into brain disorders | Stuff.co.nz

On the Auckland University study.

The author (Dr. P. Alan Barber) openly admits that the study didn't account for tobacco use —how long and how much the young stroke patients had been smoking and how big a role that might have played in stroke risk. The "study" also relied on urine samples, but traces of THC can be found in the urine for at least a whole month after consumption of cannabis.

According to the US National Stroke Association, "Smoking tobacco (at least)doubles the risk for stroke when compared to a non-smoker. It reduces the amount of oxygen in the blood, causing the heart to work harder and allowing blood clots to form more easily."

"Prohibitionists are scraping the bottom of the barrel by claiming that cannabis doubles the risk of stroke, when this result has already been linked to tobacco use. There is nothing scientific about this study and it should be discredited by all rational individuals."

the point is not tobacco, but smoking - cannabis is SMOKED and that poses risks by itself

It is so ironic to read these "Conservatives" constantly denigrating scientists as the post on their computer over the internet.

As far as PC's constant railing at the people that have spent their lives becoming expert in a given field, one can see the envy of someone that has succeeded where that person has failed.

do you even know how to read a study and determine what is valid and what is BS? or for you anything called a "study" is immediately "science"?

And prove your lies about the scientists that have been gathering evidence for the last century on the warming.

less than 40 years ago the very same "scientists" were screaming that the planet is cooling :lol:

And prove your lies about the scientists that have been gathering evidence for the last century on the warming.

less than 40 years ago the very same "scientists" were screaming that the planet is cooling :lol:

No they weren't...That article was from a few scientists and not....I repeat NOT peer reviewed.

So it's like claiming DNA doesn't hold any information because some guy said so and ignoring the Agreed upon evidence that's been reviewed. Then seriously comparing research to a story.

Bill Maher: How to Become a Global Warming Denier - BLOGGA PLEASE

Now how sad is your talking point when Bill Maher predicted it before you did it

Bonus: If you really want to blow their minds, point out that, in the 70s, Newsweek ran a cover story on predictions of global cooling. That's right -- cooling! These same scientists who are now saying warming used to be saying cooling! Which also is absurd on its face, since we're talking about a Newsweek cover story and a handful of scientists, not the overwhelming judgment of every major scientific body on the planet and decades of peer-reviewed studies published in scientific journals worldwide, but no one can deny that the Newsweek cover story existed. You're practically telling the truth!

Too bad, you actually sounded like you practiced that several times in the mirror

an article ... not peer reviewed

it is not an "article" - it was the same hysteria about cooling as it is now about warming.
I was being brainwashed by that on every level starting from high school

Last edited:
an article ... not peer reviewed

it is not an "article" - it was the same hysteria about cooling as it is now about warming.
I was being brainwashed by that on every level starting from high school

Seriously? That's how you refute it was an article by saying its hysteria.

Me: This is a tree
Vox: That's not a tree....Its stupid

I do not have any desire to search google scholar for the articles from that time and there is an abundance.

You can believe in you "warming" lie as long as you wish.

Just do not force me to pay for your "green" bucks.

But for that I do not need to search for articles.

No Bill Mahr predicting and clowning your over used talking point is even funnier. He actually wrote that months ago. Get some new lines

Bill Maher is an idiot and I couldn't care less about his writings.
nice try, though:lol:

Just know that "that idiot" predicted your moves before you made them. lol

repeating for the dumb libbtard - I couldn't care less what an idiot like Bill maher says or writes.

I can predict him three moves ahead as well.

Sure you can predict Bill. The difference is you SAY you can and he just DID it lol

I know you don't feel like looking up the article. That's why you'll stay wrong you have no intellectual curiosity. Someone told you the talking point and by golly its so easy to remember why even try to find out if what I'm being told is true. lol

No they weren't...That article was from a few scientists and not....I repeat NOT peer reviewed.

So it's like claiming DNA doesn't hold any information because some guy said so and ignoring the Agreed upon evidence that's been reviewed. Then seriously comparing research to a story.

Now how sad is your talking point when Bill Maher predicted it before you did it

Bonus: If you really want to blow their minds, point out that, in the 70s, Newsweek ran a cover story on predictions of global cooling. That's right -- cooling! These same scientists who are now saying warming used to be saying cooling! Which also is absurd on its face, since we're talking about a Newsweek cover story and a handful of scientists, not the overwhelming judgment of every major scientific body on the planet and decades of peer-reviewed studies published in scientific journals worldwide, but no one can deny that the Newsweek cover story existed. You're practically telling the truth!

Too bad, you actually sounded like you practiced that several times in the mirror

You do realize that the right has turned against DNA science since the Neanderthal genome ruined their racial purity theories, right?

CC -- you brought it up.. But you're wrong.. One article from a "few" scientists wouldn't cause a decade long media frenzy like this...

The following selection of links is from Newsbusters, and was posted in the comments section: (5/27/13 – this list was posted on Newsbusters by PopTech.)

1970 – Colder Winters Held Dawn of New Ice Age – Scientists See Ice Age In the Future (The Washington Post, January 11, 1970)
1970 – Is Mankind Manufacturing a New Ice Age for Itself? (L.A. Times, January 15, 1970)
1970 – Pollution Could Cause Ice Age, Agency Reports (St. Petersburg Times, March 4, 1970)
1970 – Pollution Called Ice Age Threat (St. Petersburg Times, June 26, 1970)
1971 – U.S. Scientist Sees New Ice Age Coming (The Washington Post, July 9, 1971)
1971 – New Ice Age Coming – It’s Already Getting Colder (L.A. Times, October 24, 1971)
1972 – British climate expert predicts new Ice Age (The Christian Science Monitor, September 23, 1972)
1972 – Scientist Sees Chilling Signs of New Ice Age (L.A. Times, September 24, 1972)
1972 – Another Ice Age? (Time Magazine, November 13, 1972)
1973 – Weather-watchers think another ice age may be on the way (The Christian Science Monitor, December 11, 1973)
1974 – Another Ice Age? (Time Magazine, June 24, 1974)
1974 – 2 Scientists Think ‘Little’ Ice Age Near (The Hartford Courant, August 11, 1974)
1974 – Ice Age, worse food crisis seen (The Chicago Tribune, October 30, 1974)
1975 – Climate Changes Called Ominous (PDF) (The New York Times, January 19, 1975)
1975 – Climate Change: Chilling Possibilities (Science News, March 1, 1975)
1975 – B-r-r-r-r: New Ice Age on way soon? (The Chicago Tribune, March 2, 1975)
1975 – The Ice Age cometh: the system that controls our climate (The Chicago Tribune, April 13, 1975)
1975 – The Cooling World (Newsweek, April 28, 1975)
1975 – Scientists Ask Why World Climate Is Changing; Major Cooling May Be Ahead (PDF) (The New York Times, May 21, 1975)
1975 – In the Grip of a New Ice Age? (International Wildlife, July-August, 1975)
1976 – Worrisome CIA Report; Even U.S. Farms May be Hit by Cooling Trend (U.S. News & World Report, May 31, 1976)
1976 – The Cooling: Has the Next Ice Age Already Begun? (Book, 1976)
1977 – The Big Freeze (Time Magazine, January 31, 1977)
1977 – The Weather Conspiracy: The Coming of the New Ice Age (Book, 1977)
1978 – Believe new ice age is coming (The Bryan Times, March 31, 1978)
1978 – The Coming Ice Age (In Search Of – TV Show, Season 2, Episode 23, May 1978)
1979 – New ice age almost upon us? (The Christian Science Monitor, November 14, 1979)

It's all pre-internet -- but I've checked out 5 or 6 successfully.. Sorry -- that turd don't fly.

(you can pretty much check out the Time links, the books and CSMonitor references in a couple minutes)

Some people approach a problem as the need to justify their preconceived preference as to what they would like the answer to be. As a result, it is difficult to determine their facts from fiction. Anyone over the age of 50 has seen numerous causes du jour which have turned out to be scams designed to push a liberal political agenda (e.g., Doomsday Clock).

Global Warming seems to fit this pattern in that it's proponents use it as an argument for further government control of the U.S. economy while giving a pass to India and China. The fact that this terminology has now been replaced by the ridiculously nebulous term "Climate Change" further diminished its credibility.

Everyone knows that the Romans grew grapes in Britain before a thousand year cooling trend occurred. Whether we are experiencing a new trend is a legitimate area of study, but leaping to the conclusion that this is man-made condition that can only be remedied by government intervention casts doubt on the opinions of those who are are predicting this latest apocalypse.

Last edited:
Sure you can predict Bill. The difference is you SAY you can and he just DID it lol

I know you don't feel like looking up the article. That's why you'll stay wrong you have no intellectual curiosity. Someone told you the talking point and by golly its so easy to remember why even try to find out if what I'm being told is true. lol

I do not have an inferiority complex, like he does and i will let you both dream as you wish :lol:

Forum List

Back