Student was fired for expressing his conservative views

Figaro

VIP Member
Jul 23, 2014
A junior at the University of Michigan says he is being attacked for expressing his conservative views.
Student Omar Mahmood was fired from the “mainstream” student newspaper, Michigan Daily, over a satirical column that he wrote for the Michigan Review, a conservative student publication.

Student Says His Home Was Egged He Was Fired for Conservative Column - Fox Nation
That`s Ok to be liberal or progressive but if you`re try to keep your consernative line (traditional marriage, for example) you will be attacked...only liberals can be satirical. If conservatives do it its automatically racist...

Um

Mahmood said he has received hundreds of emails from liberals and minorities saying that he did nothing wrong.

So I read the satire piece- and it was pretty funny.

Do the Left Thing Michigan Review

Reading the piece I think the paper made a stupid decision.

I just read the article too. Are we sure he wasn't fired for just being a shitty writer? That essay was erratic and poorly put together. In fact its barely a satire. I'm not sure even the writer knows what it is.

How dare they inhibit speech in their privately owned newspaper! Why the next thing you know, MSMB will start to cens.......................................

Forum List

Back