causes of the increase in extreme weather

Old Rocks

Diamond Member
Oct 31, 2008
Portland, Ore.
[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ETpm9JAdfcs]Climate Change and Extreme Weather: Prof. Jennifer Francis (2013) - YouTube[/ame]

Dr. Jennifer Francis, Phd Meteorologist from Rutgers.

The temperature has risen less then 2 degrees in over 100 years much less then 2 degrees. It has only raised about .3 degrees in the last 20 years.

It has not raised at all in the last 15. In a 15 year period it raised about .3 and then stopped. I believe the total raised from 1900 was 1.3 or 4 degrees.

Nothing earth shattering at all.

Really? Then why is there 80% less ice in the Arctic Ocean in September than there used to be? And, if you took the time to listen to what Dr. Francis presents, you can see the effects of that 'minor' rise the last time it was that warm was a sea level 6 meters or more higher than today. That will hardly be a 'minor' effect.

There is no increase in extreme weather.. why would I need an explanation for crap that doesnt exist?
Dont need an explanation for poltergeists either..

go show us the ace index for tropical hurricanes and point to this increase that you think u see. Not there dudley.....

There HAS been no increase in "extreme weather". Try again, your propaganda sucks as usual...

2013 a tranquil year for tornadoes so far

screenhunter_186-nov-10-18-11.jpg

screenhunter_187-nov-10-18-20.jpg

Deadliest World Tropical Cyclones | Weather Underground

Really? Then why is there 80% less ice in the Arctic Ocean in September than there used to be? And, if you took the time to listen to what Dr. Francis presents, you can see the effects of that 'minor' rise the last time it was that warm was a sea level 6 meters or more higher than today. That will hardly be a 'minor' effect.

:lol::lol::lol: 80%? Really? You're going to hang your hat on that BS?

ssmi1_ice_ext.png

The whole "extreme weather" narrative is one of the latest of the many schemes attempted by the alarmist community. It is very clever ruse. People are always going to be fascinated by current weather events that are now displayed round the clock in the 24 hour news cycle. It is a scheme that targets the uninformed and perpetually dim.

Indeed......the alarmist community would like to have you think that "extreme weather" is a recent phenomena. But its not.

But don't take my word for it.........take a look at the history of extreme weather!!!!!!!!

Chronology of Extreme Weather

The Fantasy of Extreme Weather | Behind The Black

I'm against most government programs but I'd support federal funding for the deprogramming of the AGWCult

ssmi1_ice_ext.png

My,my. Getting senile there, old boy? Ice surface area is far differant than ice volume. 80% less ice is the amount of volume lost. The surface area has only lost about 40% or 50%.

Of course, you would have known that, had you listened to the presentation by Dr. Francis. But you choose not to listen to people with real Phd's on this subject. Instead, you listen to fakes like Monkton and Watts. And then claim to be a Phd yourself:lol:

Just look at the number of cat 5 hurricanes that made landfall after Katrina!! I mean according to AGWCult models Florida and Louisiana are now underwater

ssmi1_ice_ext.png

My,my. Getting senile there, old boy? Ice surface area is far differant than ice volume. 80% less ice is the amount of volume lost. The surface area has only lost about 40% or 50%.

Of course, you would have known that, had you listened to the presentation by Dr. Francis. But you choose not to listen to people with real Phd's on this subject. Instead, you listen to fakes like Monkton and Watts. And then claim to be a Phd yourself:lol:

Sure it is. Funny how there is no volumetric measurement till quite recently so I guess you could claim we have lost 125% of the ice in the last 30 years! You see dear loon, when the sea ice extent started proving you liars you then had to change to something that had no start point.

And, it is just as ridiculous as you...

Last edited:
LMAO......some historical perspective on the recent typhoon in the Phillipines >>>>

Some historical perspectives on Typhoon Haiyan-Yolanda | Watts Up With That?

Of course, as one would expect, it took less than 24 hours for the alarmists to try and take advantage of the storm and categorize it as the doomsday storm of all doomsday storms and "clearly an effect of climate change". The claims however, are totally bogus when taken into historical perspective. Don't forget.......people on the far left never want to discuss the "as compared to what?" dynamic. Because when they do, they lose huge!!

If there is ONE PRIMARY INDEX that would show the effect of the 0.5degC warming on extreme weather, --- it would be the hurricane ACE index.. This IS the measurement of TOTAL ENERGY of major ocean storms.. It's simply Not there GoldiRocks..

currenwisdom-july2011-1.jpg

Figure 1. The annual ACE index from the Southern Hemisphere (green), Northern Hemisphere (blue), and the entire globe (red), from 1970 through 2010 (from Maue, 2011). Maue describes this situation in the abstract of his paper:

Tropical cyclone accumulated cyclone energy (ACE) has exhibited strikingly large global interannual variability during the past 40-years. In the pentad since 2006, Northern Hemisphere and global tropical cyclone ACE has decreased dramatically to the lowest levels since the late 1970s. Additionally, the global frequency of tropical cyclones has reached a historical low. Here evidence is presented demonstrating that considerable variability in tropical cyclone ACE is associated with the evolution of the character of observed large-scale climate mechanisms including the El Ni&ntidle;o Southern Oscillation and Pacific Decadal Oscillation. In contrast to record quiet North Pacific tropical cyclone activity in 2010, the North Atlantic basin remained very active by contributing almost one-third of the overall calendar year global ACE.

Why dontcha point you out to that nice lady whom you've thrown at us 247 times now? When she has an answer as to why the Accumulated Cyclone Energy Index is GOING DOWN when temps are GOING UP --- maybe I'll watch..

ONE OR TWO devious warmer scientists are using their OWN statistical based indexes and models to INVENT a better outcome for you.. (TinkerBelle knows who they are))

But the smart ones aren't wasting time using statistic to lie about the obvious conclusions..

Last edited:
There is no increase in extreme weather.. why would I need an explanation for crap that doesnt exist?

go show us the ace index for tropical hurricanes and point to this increase that you think u see. Not there dudley.....

Try telling that to the tens of thousands suffering from the worst typhoon in history. :eusa_whistle:

Try telling that to the tens of thousands suffering from the worst typhoon in history. :eusa_whistle:

They really really don't want to hear partisian screeching about how CO2 STEERED that storm in their direction. Or whether it is partly or wholly responsible for their misery right now.

We should have the DECENCY to help them before the ambulance chasing whackanuts arrive with their thin story about how cow farts in Iowa devasted their lives.

I've already donated so I can ask you if you saw the ACE graphs I posted on the previous page..

Last edited:

Try reading a fucking book. It's nowhere near that bad a storm. Here's the Cliff notes version for the reading impaired....

"The 1970 Bhola cyclone was a devastating tropical cyclone that struck East Pakistan (now Bangladesh) and India's West Bengal on November 12, 1970. It remains the deadliest tropical cyclone ever recorded, and one of the deadliest natural disasters in modern times.[2] Up to 500,000 people lost their lives in the storm, primarily as a result of the storm surge that flooded much of the low-lying islands of the Ganges Delta.[1] This cyclone was the sixth cyclonic storm of the 1970 North Indian Ocean cyclone season, and also the season's strongest, reaching a strength equivalent to a strong Category 3 hurricane."

1970 Bhola cyclone - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Last edited:
I'm sure all that wind was caused by "angel wings". That's what we call "right wing science".

Forum List

Back