Apparently that Big Yellow Thing in the sky actually does affect climate

CrusaderFrank

Diamond Member
May 20, 2009
This will come as a shock to the AGWCult but apparently that Big Yellow Thing in the sky actually does affect climate -- on Earth!!

But for the closing paragraph, the article is a treatise on why not seeing any effect of AGW.

In the final paragraph, they totally contravened the substance of the article which is an otherwise perfect explanation of why the AGWCult has to Hide the Decline. The WSJ embarrassed themselves by including the AGWCult mantra that irrespective of the Sun, climate scientists know that CO2 is driving climate change.

I'm not renewing my subscription to WSJ, when it comes to the "Tea Party" their editorial board sounds like the DU and now this.

Strange Doings on the Sun - WSJ.com

This will come as a shock to the AGWCult but apparently that Big Yellow Thing in the sky actually does affect climate -- on Earth!!

But for the closing paragraph, the article is a treatise on why not seeing any effect of AGW.

In the final paragraph, they totally contravened the substance of the article which is an otherwise perfect explanation of why the AGWCult has to Hide the Decline. The WSJ embarrassed themselves by including the AGWCult mantra that irrespective of the Sun, climate scientists know that CO2 is driving climate change.

I'm not renewing my subscription to WSJ, when it comes to the "Tea Party" their editorial board sounds like the DU and now this.

Strange Doings on the Sun - WSJ.com

Keep your WSJ, lockout the cable news channels.. You'll be much better off.

Couple of things..

Researchers are puzzled. They can't tell if the lull is temporary or the onset of a decades-long decline, which might ease global warming a bit by altering the sun's brightness or the wavelengths of its light.

You rarely see any media mention about "shifts in solar wavelengths".. I'm glad that happened. Because all the solar discussion in public is based solely on total output, not how the suns spectrum interacts with the GH Window.

And this is particularly unschooled by WSJ standards..

If so, the decline in magnetic activity could ease global warming, the scientists said. But such a subtle change in the sun—lowering its luminosity by about 0.1%—wouldn't be enough to outweigh the build-up of greenhouse gases and soot that most researchers consider the main cause of rising world temperatures over the past century or so.

""......... and SOOT"????? Somewhere there's a science journalist with little science background.

Don't NEED solar measurements to account for ALL of the warming. And 0.1% would be ENOUGH to positively demonstrate that CO2 is not the sole or predominant driver of the Climate.

Apperantly a couple of people are too damned dumb to read how many times TSI has been refered to in various articles on the factors in climate forcing.

Apperantly a couple of people are too damned dumb to read how many times TSI has been refered to in various articles on the factors in climate forcing.

I believe the term they like to use is "inconsequential".

""I would say it is the weakest in 200 years," said David Hathaway, head of the solar physics group at NASA's Marshall Space Flight Center in Huntsville, Ala.

Researchers are puzzled. They can't tell if the lull is temporary or the onset of a decades-long decline, which might ease global warming a bit by altering the sun's brightness or the wavelengths of its light.

"There is no scientist alive who has seen a solar cycle as weak as this one," said Andrés Munoz-Jaramillo, who studies the solar-magnetic cycle at the Harvard-Smithsonian Center for Astrophysics in Cambridge, Mass.

To complicate the riddle, the sun also is undergoing one of its oddest magnetic reversals on record."

This is why they had to "Hide the decline"

"It may give us a brief respite from global warming," said Dr. Hathaway. "But it is not going to stop it." David Hathaway, head of the solar physics group at NASA's Marshall Space Flight Center in Huntsville, Ala. ( NASA, which was converted to a AGW Advocacy group)

Last edited:
So crazy Frank points to an article that tells us how a weak solar cycle still gives crazy warm temps.

To normal people, that would be a refutation of the kook "It's the sun!" theory. But since denialist cultists are desperate for anything to prop up their failed religion, we get this kind of weird flailing.

Oh, Frank is also lying his ass off about "hide the decline", but that's a given. After all, he's a denialist. Honest people pretty much automatically reject denialism now, leaving only the dishonest to embrace it. That's yet another reason why the planet holds them in such contempt, that pathological dishonesty visible in nearly everything a denialist says or does.

Last edited:
So crazy Frank points to an article that tells us how a weak solar cycle still gives crazy warm temps.

To normal people, that would be a refutation of the kook "It's the sun!" theory. But since denialist cultists are desperate for anything to prop up their failed religion, we get this kind of weird flailing.

Oh, Frank is also lying his ass off about "hide the decline", but that's a given. After all, he's a denialist. Honest people pretty much automatically reject denialism now, leaving only the dishonest to embrace it. That's yet another reason why the planet holds them in such contempt, that pathological dishonesty visible in nearly everything a denialist says or does.

^ it almost looks like that poor manboob is trying to communicate.

:lol:

Wow, if this statement isn't a text book example of Freud's psychological projection theory, I don't know what is. :lol:

Did you bother to read the article? Can you find an English speaking adult to read it to you?

Did you bother to read the article? Can you find an English speaking adult to read it to you?

I read the article a couple of days ago and thought it was interesting. Of course, nothing in that article in any way supports your crackpot misinterpretation of it.

Try and find someone who isn't retarded to read it to you. Then have them explain what it actually means, using really small words.

Last edited:

I read the article a couple of days ago and thought it was interesting. Of course, nothing in that article in any way supports your crackpot misinterpretation of it.

Try and find someone who isn't retarded to read it to you. Then have them explain what it actually means, using really small words.

Is that the deal behind your Wizard of OZ font selections? To make your small words APPEAR bigger?

When I listen to you explain AGW I don't have any doubts that I'm right

The fact that brainwashed ignorant retards like you, CrazyFruitcake, are certain that you are "right" doesn't actually make you right, just confused and bamboozled.

The fact that brainwashed ignorant retards like you, CrazyFruitcake, are certain that you are "right" doesn't actually make you right, just confused and bamboozled.

:lol::lol::lol::lol: What a blustery fool you are!

True. denialists make me

True. denialists make me

Really. They make me want to :puke3:

Busted-Science.jpg

Forum List

Back