Carbonite stock plummets after decision to abandon Limbaugh

It could have fallen just due to his comments and not because it got pulled, with the result just coincidentally showing up after the decision. He needs to lose EVERY sponsor he has.

He has declared war on women!
He has lost all of his national sponsors except 2, Lifelock, a ID protection SCAM that is both unnecessary and useless and therefore needs an audience of pure SUCKERS like his, and Hillsdale College, a radical right-wingnutzi indoctrination center masquerading as a school, perfectly geared for mindless skulls of mush like his audience, so those 2 will never leave him.

Link that, skippy.

The funny thing is, the show was much better when he didn't have so many sponsors.

I don't mind watching them go, and Rush will just keep doing what he does. He doesn't give a shit.

This just tickles me to death. The left just absolutely HATES and ABHORES Rush Limbaugh. Why naturally, they want the Fairness Doctrine reinstated because when they try to go head-to-head with him, they naturally fail... Air America!

Okay, so they can't get the fairness doctrine reinstated, so they go after him for calling a pawn a "slut". Oh my GAWD... just imagine a talk radio show host calling this poor little activist a naughty word. Course, now Bill Maher calling Sandra Pallin a "c*nt" and making fun of her disabled child AND Ed Schultz calling Ingram a whore is just not the same thing.

Advertisers pull their ads from the Rush show and conservatives who listen to Rush stop using their products and now some of the advertisers are trying to get back on Rush's show and some are losing value as their stock declines. Imagine how HORRIBLE it is that conservatives not only use their wallets, but their feet to go somewhere else.

And the wailing and knashing of teeth continues...
Total BULLSHIT!

No one can compete with GOP hate radio because CON$erviNutzis have bought up nearly all the AM stations dirt cheap when FM radio killed music on AM radio. The Pinko Slime of Politics has 600 stations broadcasting his lies and the CON$ who own the stations won't put any viable alternatives to him on the air. I get all the GOP hate mongers on multiple stations in my area, but Air America was never available here to even check out.

The reality is GOP hate radio is afraid to compete with honest radio so it has to control the market for hate radio to survive.

And the stock was crashing WHILE advertising on GOP hate radio before pulling out of a losing situation.

Try the sack cloth and ashes. I hear it makes those who are mourning feel a little better...

Okay, well given the ability for liberal ideas to survive on the open market, perhaps it won't...

Oh my GAWD. This is hilarious...

I have to laugh at the simple-minded left wing loons. Rush isn't going anywhere. When his LISTENERS leave in droves then you might have something. As long as he has his listeners, they sponsors will come.

I'm investing in Aloe lotions, since the libs will need a lot of it for the extreme butt hurt they are experiencing.

I have to laugh at the simple-minded left wing loons. Rush isn't going anywhere. When his LISTENERS leave in droves then you might have something. As long as he has his listeners, they sponsors will come.

I'm investing in Aloe lotions, since the libs will need a lot of it for the extreme butt hurt they are experiencing.
Your MessiahRushie, the Pinko Slime of Politics, has lost 40% of his audience, from 25 million during Clinton to 15 million during Bush. That is why he sabotaged McCain and is trying to sabotage Romney, he thinks his audience will grow if a Dem is president.

However, while his audience shrinks the pathological liar simply "reports" his audience is growing and the DittoNutzis swallow the bullshit whole.

April 16, 2010
RUSH: We figure in every 15 minutes of this program there are 5.2 million, maybe 5.5 million people listening. Over the course of the three hours it's 12 million, and then when you add up all the non-dupes over the course of the week, which is called a cume, it's about 20 to 25 million depending on vagaries of ratings books, PPM and so forth. But it's a large number.

November 10, 2010
RUSH: I'm in the broadcasting business, just as they are. They might want to say they're in the journalism business, the news business, and in a way they are, but even though they're cable, they're broadcasters. I mean there are certain skill sets that you have to succeed at, and if you don't, you're gone. If this program lost 20% of the audience I'd be gone. I would take myself away.

May 26, 2011
RUSH:. According to reports at the peak of The Oprah's popularity, her show had 40 million weekly viewers. Now, that's not bad. That's almost as many as we have every day here. So our hat's off to The Oprah, 40 million viewers a week, not bad.

audience910.png

Pigman has a large swineherd following.

That's why advertisers bought ads on his program.

I don't doubt for a minute that taking ads off his program will cost some companies sales.

Agreed. Not a Rush fan, but considering the size of his audience, there'll be more than ample replacements for the sponsors that left as well as a considerable backlash from his fans and party line Republican types.

I actually think it's funny that Carbonite's stock dropped 12 pts in one day over this. Every now and then, we see an example of stupidity properly rewarded. And before any lefties jump on my ass over that statement, understand that when I say stupidity, I don't mean to imply that disagreeing with Rush or his use of naughty words is stupidity. The stupidity part is running a nationwide business and not having the wherewithal to stfu about controversial politics. Michael Jordan put it best when explaining why he wouldn't comment on, I believe, a Democrat running for office in NC back in the nineties. "Republicans buy shoes too." I certainly understand pulling your funding so they stop running your ads alongside the guy if you don't want to risk being associated with his slut statements, but for fuck sake, why would you run your mouth about it publicly? You're asking for trouble that way.
Carbonite's stock did not drop 12 points in one day, it dropped a little over 1 point which was a little under 12% of its value. It DID drop almost 12 points since August 16, 2011 WHILE advertising on the Pinko Slime of Politics' Show.

Excuse me, 12 percent, not 12 points. Thanks for pointing out the misspeak. I try not to come across as disingenuous lol

Last edited:
If Rush loses audience share he's toast.

If he doesn't his sponsors will stick with him.

His sponsors would sponsor Vlamir Lenin or Adolf Hitler if those guys had Rush's market share, too.

Why?

Because corporations generally have no moral code to follow other than to INCREASE NET WORTH.

Corporations have all the moral sensiitivity of cockroaches

Not that I blame them for that -- moral considerations aren't their thing, nor should they be.

All I expect from corporations is to obey the laws of the land.

That's all any of us ought to expect from them, really.

Go figure:

"Since the market opened on Monday through its close [yesterday], Carbonite stock (NASDAQ: CARB) has plummeted nearly 12 percent, outpacing the drop of the NASDAQ index in that same time period by nine-and-a-half points. It was also one of the biggest decliners on the NASDAQ on Tuesday.
It’s hard to think Carbonite CEO David Friend’s smug retraction of support for Limbaugh had nothing to do with his stock’s downward trend..."
Carbonite lost 10 times as much while advertising with your MessiahRushie, it's hard to think advertising with the Doctor of Duplicity had nothing to do with the stock's downward trend. :lol:

As I have always said, DittoNutzis never tell the whole truth, Carbonite has fallen while advertising with the pathological liar from $21.10 in August to the 9.50 where it was when Carbonite stopped advertising with the Pink Slime of American Politics.

Just to update this story:

big.chart

Looks like dropping Rush was a big payoff for Carbonite stock owners.
That's right! After losing over 50% of it's value while advertising with the Fat Load, their stock is up 8% since dumping the loser.

And let's keep it real...8 percent doesn't do offset the RECENT 12 percent drop.

The 50 percent drop, which is undoubtedly a lie or creative math on your part anyway, is irrelevant in this context.

Go figure:

"Since the market opened on Monday through its close [yesterday], Carbonite stock (NASDAQ: CARB) has plummeted nearly 12 percent, outpacing the drop of the NASDAQ index in that same time period by nine-and-a-half points. It was also one of the biggest decliners on the NASDAQ on Tuesday.
It’s hard to think Carbonite CEO David Friend’s smug retraction of support for Limbaugh had nothing to do with his stock’s downward trend..."
Carbonite lost 10 times as much while advertising with your MessiahRushie, it's hard to think advertising with the Doctor of Duplicity had nothing to do with the stock's downward trend. :lol:

As I have always said, DittoNutzis never tell the whole truth, Carbonite has fallen while advertising with the pathological liar from $21.10 in August to the 9.50 where it was when Carbonite stopped advertising with the Pink Slime of American Politics.

Just to update this story:

big.chart

Looks like dropping Rush was a big payoff for Carbonite stock owners.
That's right! After losing over 50% of it's value while advertising with the Fat Load, their stock is up 8% since dumping the loser.

Actually the stock is up 25% from where it fell the first trading day after Carbonite dumped Limbaugh. The dittoheads bailed at the bottom lol.

"
Whatever you may believe is the cause, Carbonite is the Stupid Investment of the Week.
Stupid Investment of the Week highlights the conditions and characteristics that make a security less than ideal for the average investor, in the hope that spotlighting trouble in one case will make it easier for consumers to sidestep danger elsewhere."
Don?t ?rush? to Carbonite shares - MarketWatch

Go figure:

"Carbonite CEO David Friend, currently under fire from conservatives for pulling advertising from Rush Limbaugh, is an Obama donor according to records obtained by the Federal Elections Commission"

And he hasn't "lost" dozens of sponsors, as reported by the retards....

"On his program today, Rush explained that he didn’t actually lose 28 or 32 or 35 or whatever number of national sponsors. The “lost sponsors” are actually local advertisers who simply requested that their commercials not run during Rush’s show."

Carbonite stock plummets after decision to abandon Limbaugh Update: Limbaugh clears up misinformation about his “lost” sponsors « Hot Air
Or it could be that investors saw in the release of the company’s Form 10-K this week that nearly all of its gross profits, some $37 million, went to pay for sales and marketing costs, presumably the ads the firm bought on more than 40 different talk-radio shows.

Yesterday, data storage service Carbonite urged people to prepare for "World Backup Day" on March 31st, suggesting that customers use its "'set it and forget it' protection" to copy data from their machines. There's just one problem: Carbonite's backup service is currently down.

Carbonite backup service goes down in preparation for 'World Backup Day' | The Verge

"
Whatever you may believe is the cause, Carbonite is the Stupid Investment of the Week.
Stupid Investment of the Week highlights the conditions and characteristics that make a security less than ideal for the average investor, in the hope that spotlighting trouble in one case will make it easier for consumers to sidestep danger elsewhere."

And let's keep it real...8 percent doesn't do offset the RECENT 12 percent drop.

The 50 percent drop, which is undoubtedly a lie or creative math on your part anyway, is irrelevant in this context.
A perfect example of how thoroughly brainwashed DittoNutzis are! When exposed to the truth about their MessiahRushie they are programmed to block it out as a lie.

First of all, your OWN link points out that Carbonite was north of $20 in August 2011, it actually hit $21.10 Aug 16, 2011, and it was at $9.50 when they wised up and dumped the Pinko Slime of Politics. Do the math, that's a 55% drop in value while advertising with the pathological liar.

From YOUR link:
Carbonite went public early last August, debuting at $10 a share; one thing that distinguished the stock from many other late-in-the-year tech-sector IPOs is that the firm did not pick up an immediate cadre of short-sellers. That, plus the prospects for the business — an emerging niche in the computing segment — pushed the stock north of $20 per share.
And the 8% is over and above the 12% loss The Doctor of Duplicity tried to take credit for. It is at $10.25 now, 8% higher than the $9.50 when they dumped Stuttering LimpBoy.

His sponsors would sponsor Vlamir Lenin or Adolf Hitler if those guys had Rush's market share, too.

Why?

Because corporations generally have no moral code to follow other than to INCREASE NET WORTH.

Not that I blame them for that -- moral considerations aren't their thing, nor should they be.

Here in the Seattle/Tacoma market Limbaugh has lost 160 local and national advertisers-----that leaves Limbaugh with only 22 active sponsors in the Seattle market.

Sponsor Totals:
Active: 22 Dropped or Avoiding: 160

Why?

Here in the Seattle/Tacoma market Limbaugh has lost 160 local and national advertisers-----that leaves Limbaugh with only 22 active sponsors in the Seattle market.

Sponsor Totals:
Active: 22 Dropped or Avoiding: 160
Finally advertisers are realizing that linking their products to a hate monger such as Limbaugh is not good business.

"

A perfect example of how thoroughly brainwashed DittoNutzis are! When exposed to the truth about their MessiahRushie they are programmed to block it out as a lie.

First of all, your OWN link points out that Carbonite was north of $20 in August 2011, it actually hit $21.10 Aug 16, 2011, and it was at $9.50 when they wised up and dumped the Pinko Slime of Politics. Do the math, that's a 55% drop in value while advertising with the pathological liar.

From YOUR link:
Carbonite went public early last August, debuting at $10 a share; one thing that distinguished the stock from many other late-in-the-year tech-sector IPOs is that the firm did not pick up an immediate cadre of short-sellers. That, plus the prospects for the business — an emerging niche in the computing segment — pushed the stock north of $20 per share.
And the 8% is over and above the 12% loss The Doctor of Duplicity tried to take credit for. It is at $10.25 now, 8% higher than the $9.50 when they dumped Stuttering LimpBoy.

Who cares?

Forum List

Back