Carbonite stock plummets after decision to abandon Limbaugh

Rush said today (Wednesday) that at least one company that had announced they were leaving were pleading to come back.

yeah, i'm sure they are, because rush said so

:rofl:

fuckwit

" - The intense campaign to cut advertising to “The Rush Limbaugh Show” took another turn Thursday when one of the first companies to pull its ads reportedly asked to return to the radio show -- only to be told by Team Limbaugh that the conservative host no longer would give his endorsement.

A Limbaugh spokesman said that California mattress company Sleep Train asked to restart a “voiced endorsement” from Limbaugh that it had publicly cut off last week. The company said at the time that it “does not condone such negative comments toward any person. . . .

Sleep Train's departure from the program had been billed by some observers as particularly significant because the mattress retailer had been with Limbaugh show for 25 years. Yet the tone of Sleep Train's withdrawal statement last Friday hinted it might not be pulling out for the long run.

“As a diverse company, Sleep Train does not condone such negative comments directed toward any person,” Sleep Train said at the time. “We have currently pulled our ads with Rush Limbaugh.”

Still, Washington Post blogger Erik Wemple called Sleep Train's decision "an act worth crediting," saying that lost ads would have more of an effect on Limbaugh than "well-crafted expressions of outrage from the usual organs."

Limbaugh spokesman Brian Glicklich on Thursday forwarded a copy of an email that he said had been sent to Sleep Train Chief Executive Dale Carlsen. In it, Glicklich wrote that Limbaugh had personally received the company's requests to resume advertising on his show.

“Unfortunately," Glicklich wrote, "your public comments were not well received by our audience, and did not accurately portray either Rush Limbaugh's character or the intent of his remarks. Thus, we regret to inform you that Rush will be unable to endorse Sleep Train in the future.” - "

Los Angeles Times/Business - Company Town

Go figure:

"Since the market opened on Monday through its close [yesterday], Carbonite stock (NASDAQ: CARB) has plummeted nearly 12 percent, outpacing the drop of the NASDAQ index in that same time period by nine-and-a-half points. It was also one of the biggest decliners on the NASDAQ on Tuesday.
It’s hard to think Carbonite CEO David Friend’s smug retraction of support for Limbaugh had nothing to do with his stock’s downward trend..."
Carbonite lost 10 times as much while advertising with your MessiahRushie, it's hard to think advertising with the Doctor of Duplicity had nothing to do with the stock's downward trend. :lol:

As I have always said, DittoNutzis never tell the whole truth, Carbonite has fallen while advertising with the pathological liar from $21.10 in August to the 9.50 where it was when Carbonite stopped advertising with the Pink Slime of American Politics.

Go figure:

"Since the market opened on Monday through its close [yesterday], Carbonite stock (NASDAQ: CARB) has plummeted nearly 12 percent, outpacing the drop of the NASDAQ index in that same time period by nine-and-a-half points. It was also one of the biggest decliners on the NASDAQ on Tuesday.
It’s hard to think Carbonite CEO David Friend’s smug retraction of support for Limbaugh had nothing to do with his stock’s downward trend..."

"Carbonite CEO David Friend, currently under fire from conservatives for pulling advertising from Rush Limbaugh, is an Obama donor according to records obtained by the Federal Elections Commission"

And he hasn't "lost" dozens of sponsors, as reported by the retards....

"On his program today, Rush explained that he didn’t actually lose 28 or 32 or 35 or whatever number of national sponsors. The “lost sponsors” are actually local advertisers who simply requested that their commercials not run during Rush’s show."

Carbonite stock plummets after decision to abandon Limbaugh Update: Limbaugh clears up misinformation about his “lost” sponsors « Hot Air

well we all thank the good lord Rush has cleared up the misinformation. the spin is local sponsors are not sponsors? :clap2:

Go figure:

"Carbonite CEO David Friend, currently under fire from conservatives for pulling advertising from Rush Limbaugh, is an Obama donor according to records obtained by the Federal Elections Commission"

And he hasn't "lost" dozens of sponsors, as reported by the retards....

"On his program today, Rush explained that he didn’t actually lose 28 or 32 or 35 or whatever number of national sponsors. The “lost sponsors” are actually local advertisers who simply requested that their commercials not run during Rush’s show."

Carbonite stock plummets after decision to abandon Limbaugh Update: Limbaugh clears up misinformation about his “lost” sponsors « Hot Air

well we all thank the good lord Rush has cleared up the misinformation. the spin is local sponsors are not sponsors? :clap2:
America's Hemorrhoid lost all of his national advertisers except Lifelock, the ID protection scam that is completely unnecessary and only purchased by SUCKERS, and Hillsdale College, the Far Right wingnutzi phony school. My local station lost so many local advertisers that they were airing PSAs to avoid a total loss. They get a tax deduction for the value of the air time of the PSA.

Yes, I'm sure you do.

He has the most successful radio show in the history of radio. He's not going anywhere. I'm sure you're much more intelligent than he is or his entire listening audience. You certainly make a great showing here.

Yes, I'm sure you do.

He has the most successful radio show in the history of radio. He's not going anywhere. I'm sure you're much more intelligent than he is or his entire listening audience. You certainly make a great showing here.
My shoelace is more intelligent that him and all his DittoNutzis combined.
Neither your MessiahRushie nor his audience has even a remote idea what he blathers on about, but BOTH know it's BRILLIANT! :rofl::lmao:

February 10, 2012
BEGIN TRANSCRIPT

RUSH: Jerry on Long Island in New York, welcome to the EIB Network. Hello, sir.
CALLER: Rush, mega, mega dittos from New York. Thank you for taking my call. It's a thrill to be speaking to you.
RUSH: Thank you, sir, very much.
CALLER: A huge thrill. Thank you very much.
RUSH: You bet.
CALLER: I was telling Snerdley, your opening monologues are usually amazing but this morning's was brilliant, and I think it should be distributed to every high school student in this country. Because it was absolutely conservatism on parade this morning, and if our candidates could talk anywhere near what you said this morning, it would be a landslide in November, don't you think?
RUSH: You know, I've forgotten what I said. I thought I opened up talking about the Obama Health and Human Services, the abortion thing. What did I say that...? I'm not denying it was great. I just don't remember it.
CALLER: I was never really prompted to call anybody. When I heard it I just thought, "This was conservatism." Everything you said, Rush. Just... I don't know what you said, but it was just conservatism.

Last edited:
Pigman has a large swineherd following.

That's why advertisers bought ads on his program.

I don't doubt for a minute that taking ads off his program will cost some companies sales.

I don't doubt for a minute that taking ads off his program will cost some companies sales.

Agreed. Not a Rush fan, but considering the size of his audience, there'll be more than ample replacements for the sponsors that left as well as a considerable backlash from his fans and party line Republican types.

I actually think it's funny that Carbonite's stock dropped 12 pts in one day over this. Every now and then, we see an example of stupidity properly rewarded. And before any lefties jump on my ass over that statement, understand that when I say stupidity, I don't mean to imply that disagreeing with Rush or his use of naughty words is stupidity. The stupidity part is running a nationwide business and not having the wherewithal to stfu about controversial politics. Michael Jordan put it best when explaining why he wouldn't comment on, I believe, a Democrat running for office in NC back in the nineties. "Republicans buy shoes too." I certainly understand pulling your funding so they stop running your ads alongside the guy if you don't want to risk being associated with his slut statements, but for fuck sake, why would you run your mouth about it publicly? You're asking for trouble that way.

It could have fallen just due to his comments and not because it got pulled, with the result just coincidentally showing up after the decision. He needs to lose EVERY sponsor he has.

He has declared war on women!

Oh bullshit. The woman went before Congress demanding someone else purchase her contraceptives so female students can fuck indescriminately. That's prostitution, he was right on.

The intense campaign to cut advertising to “The Rush Limbaugh Show” took another turn Thursday when one of the first companies to pull its ads reportedly asked to return to the radio show -- only to be told by*Team Limbaugh that the conservative host no longer would give his endorsement.

A Limbaugh spokesman said that California mattress company Sleep Train asked to restart a “voiced endorsement” from Limbaugh that it had publicly cut off last week. The company said at the time that it*“does not condone such negative comments toward any person.”

http://latimesblogs.latimes.com/entertainmentnewsbuzz/2012/03/rush-limbaugh-advertiser.html

"First it was Sleep Train Mattress Centers that spurned its longtime ally and business partner Rush Limbaugh.
Now Limbaugh is returning the favor — and the split between the Sacramento retailer and the controversial radio host appears to be permanent.
Limbaugh on Thursday rejected Sleep Train's offer to resume advertising on his national radio show and rehire Limbaugh as a paid spokesman. Limbaugh's spokesman said the conservative commentator would no longer carry Sleep Train's ads "in the future."

Rush Limbaugh rejects Sleep Train's offer to resume partnership | McClatchy

If rush is suffering so badly why he telling sleep train to get lost?

Agreed. Not a Rush fan, but considering the size of his audience, there'll be more than ample replacements for the sponsors that left as well as a considerable backlash from his fans and party line Republican types.

I actually think it's funny that Carbonite's stock dropped 12 pts in one day over this. Every now and then, we see an example of stupidity properly rewarded. And before any lefties jump on my ass over that statement, understand that when I say stupidity, I don't mean to imply that disagreeing with Rush or his use of naughty words is stupidity. The stupidity part is running a nationwide business and not having the wherewithal to stfu about controversial politics. Michael Jordan put it best when explaining why he wouldn't comment on, I believe, a Democrat running for office in NC back in the nineties. "Republicans buy shoes too." I certainly understand pulling your funding so they stop running your ads alongside the guy if you don't want to risk being associated with his slut statements, but for fuck sake, why would you run your mouth about it publicly? You're asking for trouble that way.
Carbonite's stock did not drop 12 points in one day, it dropped a little over 1 point which was a little under 12% of its value. It DID drop almost 12 points since August 16, 2011 WHILE advertising on the Pinko Slime of Politics' Show.

This just tickles me to death. The left just absolutely HATES and ABHORES Rush Limbaugh. Why naturally, they want the Fairness Doctrine reinstated because when they try to go head-to-head with him, they naturally fail... Air America!

Okay, so they can't get the fairness doctrine reinstated, so they go after him for calling a pawn a "slut". Oh my GAWD... just imagine a talk radio show host calling this poor little activist a naughty word. Course, now Bill Maher calling Sandra Pallin a "c*nt" and making fun of her disabled child AND Ed Schultz calling Ingram a whore is just not the same thing.

Advertisers pull their ads from the Rush show and conservatives who listen to Rush stop using their products and now some of the advertisers are trying to get back on Rush's show and some are losing value as their stock declines. Imagine how HORRIBLE it is that conservatives not only use their wallets, but their feet to go somewhere else.

And the wailing and knashing of teeth continues...

It could have fallen just due to his comments and not because it got pulled, with the result just coincidentally showing up after the decision. He needs to lose EVERY sponsor he has.

He has declared war on women!
He has lost all of his national sponsors except 2, Lifelock, a ID protection SCAM that is both unnecessary and useless and therefore needs an audience of pure SUCKERS like his, and Hillsdale College, a radical right-wingnutzi indoctrination center masquerading as a school, perfectly geared for mindless skulls of mush like his audience, so those 2 will never leave him.

This just tickles me to death. The left just absolutely HATES and ABHORES Rush Limbaugh. Why naturally, they want the Fairness Doctrine reinstated because when they try to go head-to-head with him, they naturally fail... Air America!

Okay, so they can't get the fairness doctrine reinstated, so they go after him for calling a pawn a "slut". Oh my GAWD... just imagine a talk radio show host calling this poor little activist a naughty word. Course, now Bill Maher calling Sandra Pallin a "c*nt" and making fun of her disabled child AND Ed Schultz calling Ingram a whore is just not the same thing.

Advertisers pull their ads from the Rush show and conservatives who listen to Rush stop using their products and now some of the advertisers are trying to get back on Rush's show and some are losing value as their stock declines. Imagine how HORRIBLE it is that conservatives not only use their wallets, but their feet to go somewhere else.

And the wailing and knashing of teeth continues...
Total BULLSHIT!

No one can compete with GOP hate radio because CON$erviNutzis have bought up nearly all the AM stations dirt cheap when FM radio killed music on AM radio. The Pinko Slime of Politics has 600 stations broadcasting his lies and the CON$ who own the stations won't put any viable alternatives to him on the air. I get all the GOP hate mongers on multiple stations in my area, but Air America was never available here to even check out.

The reality is GOP hate radio is afraid to compete with honest radio so it has to control the market for hate radio to survive.

And the stock was crashing WHILE advertising on GOP hate radio before pulling out of a losing situation.

Last edited:

Forum List

Back