Capitol Police to Tea Party: Show Us Your Websites or Forget Your Rally

Just as the IRS didn't actually "Deny" any of the groups their C3 or C4 Status.. The Capital Police hasn't denied the parade permit..

Both have simply taken the unacceptable position that they have all the time in the world, years if need be, to make a decision one way or the other simply because of the political position of the groups involved.

Just as the IRS didn't actually "Deny" any of the groups their C3 or C4 Status.. The Capital Police hasn't denied the parade permit..

Both have simply taken the unacceptable position that they have all the time in the world, years if need be, to make a decision one way or the other simply because of the political position of the groups involved.

Where the fuck do you get the idea that this delay is because of the political positions of the groups involved?

That's quite an assumption to make with no evidence.

Do you guys think that the Capitol police are under Obama's control?

Did anyone claim Obama ordered this? Please be so kind as to quote the post? What I believe is Obama set the stage by spending 5 years demonizing the Republicans and the Tea Party. And organizations are emboldened by his cavalier attitude towards Benghazi, the illegal wire taps on a Reporter and his family, the IRS scandal and all the other scandals Obama is ignoring and the Justice Department is ignoring. He is getting a pass which leads these other organizations into thinking they will too.

I'm sorry, I don't understand a word of this.

Do you think the Capitol Police just really want to hassle right wingers, and now they're not afraid to?

The Capitol Police are not part of the Executive Branch. They are part of the legislative branch, headed by the Sergent at Arms of the House and Senate, and the Architect of the Capitol.

You're making the claim that these groups were targeted for partisan reasons. Back it up.

DC is run by liberals. I have an opinion last I checked one does not have to prove an opinion. But then you can start proving your opinions if that is the new norm, for example prove that it takes 5 weeks to get a permit in DC.

Where the fuck do you get the idea that this delay is because of the political positions of the groups involved?

Prove us wrong, provide evidence that most permits in DC take over 5 weeks to receive and be passed. You should have no problem proving your opinion.

Prove us wrong, provide evidence that most permits in DC take over 5 weeks to receive and be passed. You should have no problem proving your opinion.

You know that's not the way it works, right?

You made the claim, it's up to you to prove it, not to me to prove it wrong.

Did anyone claim Obama ordered this? Please be so kind as to quote the post? What I believe is Obama set the stage by spending 5 years demonizing the Republicans and the Tea Party. And organizations are emboldened by his cavalier attitude towards Benghazi, the illegal wire taps on a Reporter and his family, the IRS scandal and all the other scandals Obama is ignoring and the Justice Department is ignoring. He is getting a pass which leads these other organizations into thinking they will too.

I'm sorry, I don't understand a word of this.

Do you think the Capitol Police just really want to hassle right wingers, and now they're not afraid to?

The Capitol Police are not part of the Executive Branch. They are part of the legislative branch, headed by the Sergent at Arms of the House and Senate, and the Architect of the Capitol.

You're making the claim that these groups were targeted for partisan reasons. Back it up.

DC is run by liberals. I have an opinion last I checked one does not have to prove an opinion. But then you can start proving your opinions if that is the new norm, for example prove that it takes 5 weeks to get a permit in DC.

You're welcome to whatever "opinions" you want - but you can't expect people not to call you out on them when you voice them.

Particularly when they're as ridiculous as yours.

The Capitol Police are under the control of Congress, not the city of DC.

I stated an opinion. You on the other hand have claimed that it takes weeks normally to get permits in DC, you not I have stated what you consider to be a fact. Nice way to weasel out as you defend something you assume is working as normal.

I stated an opinion. You on the other hand have claimed that it takes weeks normally to get permits in DC, you not I have stated what you consider to be a fact. Nice way to weasel out as you defend something you assume is working as normal.

I never said anything about DC, nor did I say anything specific like you're claiming.

I made a general statement that government red-tape in general always takes too long.

You are claiming that the Tea Party Patriots are being treated differently from other groups. Can you back it up?

I never said anything about DC, nor did I say anything specific like you're claiming.

I made a general statement that government red-tape in general always takes too long.

You are claiming that the Tea Party Patriots are being treated differently from other groups. Can you back it up?

Permits FAQs - National Mall & Memorial Parks

yes I can. a couple days to a couple weeks is normal. 5 weeks is noit. Further if they do not have the needed info it is the responsibility of the permit section to notify the petitioner.

I guess now that I proved a point you have suddenly gone to bed.

Permits FAQs - National Mall & Memorial Parks

yes I can. a couple days to a couple weeks is normal. 5 weeks is noit. Further if they do not have the needed info it is the responsibility of the permit section to notify the petitioner.

First of all, the Capitol Police have nothing to do with the National Park Service.

Secondly, an abnormal delay does NOT imply a partisan reason.

You haven't "proved" anything.

I proved that in order to hold a special event on the mall or parks the process takes a couple weeks max with the permit giver responsible to contact the asker if any issues are not covered by the request.

I proved that in order to hold a special event on the mall or parks the process takes a couple weeks max with the permit giver responsible to contact the asker if any issues are not covered by the request.

The Capitol Police are not the National Park Service. They are parts of entirely different branchs of the federal government, and the permit process for the NPS has nothing at all to do with the Capitol Police permit process.

The Capitol Police are not the National Park Service. They are parts of entirely different branchs of the federal government, and the permit process for the NPS has nothing at all to do with the Capitol Police permit process.

From the original link, you know you probably should have read it.

A copy of this permit is attached. You can see in the “Timeliness of Application” section that it states, “Applications must be submitted at least one hundred twenty (120) hours, or five (5)
days, in advance of the activity to guarantee processing. Applications will be accepted up to one (1) year in advance. Additionally, demonstration applications must satisfy all requirements stated herein before processing can be completed; therefore it is imperative that the spokesperson responds promptly to all queries from the Special Events Coordinator.” This seems to indicate that it shouldn’t take more than 5 days to receive an approval or denial of the application. It has been nearly 2 weeks for this application and still no approval or denial.

A copy of this permit is attached. You can see in the “Timeliness of Application” section that it states, “Applications must be submitted at least one hundred twenty (120) hours, or five (5)
days, in advance of the activity to guarantee processing. Applications will be accepted up to one (1) year in advance. Additionally, demonstration applications must satisfy all requirements stated herein before processing can be completed; therefore it is imperative that the spokesperson responds promptly to all queries from the Special Events Coordinator.” This seems to indicate that it shouldn’t take more than 5 days to receive an approval or denial of the application. It has been nearly 2 weeks for this application and still no approval or denial.

Still not evidence of partisan reasons.

That is an opinion, I do not have to prove it. I have proven that 2 weeks or in the case of the other request 5 weeks is beyond the norm. Further the article proves that the Police department is giving them the run around. Claiming it was submitted when it wasn't and then changing the story. It normally take 5 days to process the request as indicated by the timeliness requirement of the POLICE DEPARTMENT. Other then politics exactly what other things would delay it? Or I suppose you don't know and don't care as long as it isn't a Democratic rally.

That is an opinion, I do not have to prove it.

If you expect anyone to take you seriously, you have to back it up with something.

I have proven that 2 weeks or in the case of the other request 5 weeks is beyond the norm.

No, you have not.

Further the article proves that the Police department is giving them the run around. Claiming it was submitted when it wasn't and then changing the story.

That sounds like almost every interaction I've ever had with bureaucracy.

It normally take 5 days to process the request as indicated by the timeliness requirement of the POLICE DEPARTMENT.

Without actual examples, we have no idea how long it "normally" takes. The timeliness requirement doesn't indicate what the "normal" responce time, only the minimum response time.

Other then politics exactly what other things would delay it?

Lazy government workers. Old computers. Red Tape. Bureaucracy. The usual suspects.

Or I suppose you don't know and don't care as long as it isn't a Democratic rally.

I don't really care about any rallys, Left or Right.

If you expect anyone to take you seriously, you have to back it up with something.

No, you have not.

Without actual examples, we have no idea how long it "normally" takes. The timeliness requirement doesn't indicate what the "normal" responce time, only the minimum response time.

Other then politics exactly what other things would delay it?

Lazy government workers. Old computers. Red Tape. Bureaucracy. The usual suspects.

Or I suppose you don't know and don't care as long as it isn't a Democratic rally.

You are a fucking Moron. Take some medication and find another thread to waste peoples time in. I proved 5 days is the norm by the words of the POLICE DEPARTMENT.

No, you have not.

You are a fucking Moron. Take some medication and find another thread to waste peoples time in. I proved 5 days is the norm by the words of the POLICE DEPARTMENT.

You seem to be unclear as to what the word "prove" means.

But it's no matter, I'm done going around in circles.

If it makes you feel better to feel like a victim, I can't stop you.

Forum List

Back