Capitalistic greed is the main problem in the U.S.

Do you think the regulations are in place to protect the company or the consumer?

The regs need to protect the inventor AND the consumer. That's who I think US Patent Law ought to protect, but if one looks into the law there are hundreds of regulations and rules amended and repealed. There is no way to research who benefits and who loses; in the current case the answer is clear.
Now that the FDA requires pharmaceutical companies to fund their own testing process that takes years, they are out billions of dollars by the time the product hits the shelves. How do they make that up except to charge high prices? These companies are not charities and charities don't make life saving drugs.
i dont think thats the case with these pens....they were developed by the US Military for their people to use for exposure to nerve agents in case of chemical warfare.....the device delivers about a dollars worth of epinephrine......there was no need for this increase....

Do you think the regulations are in place to protect the company or the consumer?

The regs need to protect the inventor AND the consumer. That's who I think US Patent Law ought to protect, but if one looks into the law there are hundreds of regulations and rules amended and repealed. There is no way to research who benefits and who loses; in the current case the answer is clear.
Now that the FDA requires pharmaceutical companies to fund their own testing process that takes years, they are out billions of dollars by the time the product hits the shelves. How do they make that up except to charge high prices? These companies are not charities and charities don't make life saving drugs.
i dont think thats the case with these pens....they were developed by the US Military for their people to use for exposure to nerve agents in case of chemical warfare.....the device delivers about a dollars worth of epinephrine......there was no need for this increase....
I doubt there is no need. Obamacare is a cluster-fuck that's caused prices to skyrocket in every part of our health care system. Inhalers for asthmatics are a good example. Some asshole Democrats wrote in a regulation to ban them because of the global warming myth. Those suffering from asthma who used to be able to buy inhalers cheaply suddenly found themselves having to pay triple for a shit poor substitute chemical inhaler.

The problem is, no matter how much Democrats fuck over the American people through the unseen hand of government, they get away with it by finding some way to get people to blame "corporate greed".

I doubt there is no need. Obamacare is a cluster-fuck that's caused prices to skyrocket in every part of our health care system. Inhalers for asthmatics are a good example. Some asshole Democrats wrote in a regulation to ban them because of the global warming myth. Those suffering from asthma who used to be able to buy inhalers cheaply suddenly found themselves having to pay triple for a shit poor substitute chemical inhaler.

The problem is, no matter how much Democrats fuck over the American people through the unseen hand of government, they get away with it by finding some way to get people to blame "corporate greed".
saint some of these increases are pretty ridiculous,obama care or not.....like these pens.....a 400 % increase for something that probably costs 30 bucks to produce.....someone is making a buck here...like mylan inc.....

saint some of these increases are pretty ridiculous,obama care or not.....like these pens.....a 400 % increase for something that probably costs 30 bucks to produce.....someone is making a buck here...like mylan inc.....
How else are they going to pay for those 90 second infomercials?

Nobody except for your fellow wingnuts will take this partisan bullshit statement seriously

Nobody except for your fellow wingnuts will take this partisan bullshit statement seriously
So you can't refute it. Get lost, then.

Spoken like a true fascist, corporations are people too, but do they pay taxes as do you and I, not hardly.

Spoken like a true fascist, corporations are people too, but do they pay taxes as do you and I, not hardly.
I don't pay taxes either. I'm a truck driver who deducts per diam and I got 4 little tax credits at home. (3 boys, 1 girl ages 2-13) Sorry to undermine your argument.

So you can't refute it. Get lost, then.
What is there to refute?? You place the blame on an entire political party for fucking over the American people... one that was responsible for civil rights, healthcare protection for veterans, children, the poor, and the elderly, consumer and environmental protections, etc etc etc... Your statement is a joke. Nothing to refute, you can save us the partisan bluster

Try getting a prescription for chlobetasol propionate filled. It used to be thirty bucks co pay now it's two hundred twenty. Thanks democrats. Thanks!

OP votes for the very meddling politicians and bureaucrats that institute the every expanding regulatory and litigious monster that results drug prices likes this...and then bitches about those prices.

Oh the irony.

I don't pay taxes either. I'm a truck driver who deducts per diam and I got 4 little tax credits at home. (3 boys, 1 girl ages 2-13) Sorry to undermine your argument.

Are you an O/O of a 18 wheeler semi tractor? My son drives for UPS, he is in the Teamsters Union and has great benefits and is home every night. He has a double major, Math and compurter tech, but both jobs he had before had no benefits, he was an independent contractor. He left, went to work for UPS and enjoys the work, no longer needs to pay for a gym membership and has no need to worry about job security.

OP votes for the very meddling politicians and bureaucrats that institute the every expanding regulatory and litigious monster that results drug prices likes this...and then bitches about those prices.

Oh the irony.

You're full of shit. Both sides of the aisle are going after companies which engage in such practices.
Are you one of those anti government fools who believe in the fantasy of free markets self regulating?

Oh the irony.

You're full of shit. Both sides of the aisle are going after companies which engage in such practices.
Are you one of those anti government fools who believe in the fantasy of free markets self regulating?

Not the point, and you know it. The same meddlers "going after companies" are the same meddlers that set up the system to ensure the problem.

But hey, ad hominem attacks from a lefty. Who'd a thunk?

Are you an O/O of a 18 wheeler semi tractor? My son drives for UPS, he is in the Teamsters Union and has great benefits and is home every night. He has a double major, Math and compurter tech, but both jobs he had before had no benefits, he was an independent contractor. He left, went to work for UPS and enjoys the work, no longer needs to pay for a gym membership and has no need to worry about job security.
No, I haven't taken that plunge. It's too much of a commitment and I'm trying to find something local so I don't have to be away from my family so much. Ideally I want to come off the road completely, but replacing the $50k my wife and 4 kids depend on isn't easy. Coming home every night requires living at a hub location and UPS doesn't have one here. Or Fedex. Still, I keep looking for something so I don't have to watch my kids grow up on skype.

we had a guy in the PO who had a Masters in History and used to teach,but was now delivering mail....why?....because he made better money and had much better benefits....

The price increase coincides with company execs 600 plus percent pay raise, imagine that.

Forum List

Back