Candidates for the White House

red states rule said:
I pray the libs out up either Hillary or Al Bore.

I do not see ANY Dem winning the Electoral College

On the Republican side, if they want to win and win BIG, the unbeatable ticket of Rudy and Jeb Bush will smash anything the libs put up

Bush should stay out of it. The name alone will kill any chance at winning. I like Giuliani. I really like Romney. These two would have my vote in any combination. I don't even care about the New England ticket. Romney/Giuliani would work for me.

As for the Dems. Please let it be Al Gore. It will be either Gore or Clinton. It won't be both. Clinton wouldn't want to serve under Gore after serving above him. ;) Dashle is a joke. Clark wouldn't dare run again.

Romney, Giuliani, and McCain are too liberal for the controlling right wing of the Republican Party. Also a Republican from Massachussetts as the Republican candidate? No way. The Republicans will pick a southerner. I predict the Republican Candidate will be either George Allen of Virginia or Bill Frist of Tennessee. If it isn't one of these two, it will be another far-right conservative.

As for the Democrats, I am very wary of a Hillary campaign. I would much prefer to see my party go with a midwesterner like Sen. Evan Bayh of Indiana, Gov. Tom Vilsack of Iowa, or my dark-horse, Gov. Kathleen Sebelius of Kansas.

acludem

acludem said:
Romney, Giuliani, and McCain are too liberal for the controlling right wing of the Republican Party. Also a Republican from Massachussetts as the Republican candidate? No way. The Republicans will pick a southerner. I predict the Republican Candidate will be either George Allen of Virginia or Bill Frist of Tennessee. If it isn't one of these two, it will be another far-right conservative.

As for the Democrats, I am very wary of a Hillary campaign. I would much prefer to see my party go with a midwesterner like Sen. Evan Bayh of Indiana, Gov. Tom Vilsack of Iowa, or my dark-horse, Gov. Kathleen Sebelius of Kansas.

acludem

Could you please fill us in on their stance regarding issues important to America or are you running the usual "anyone but a Republican" campaign?

Jimmyeatworld said:
I like Romney. I don't know what his national appeal will be, but I hope it's high. Rudy Guliani might be able to win on name recognition alone, and I suppose we could do worse.

For the Dems, I think the guys name is Mark Warner. People say he's Clinton-like, an unknown and a little more Moderate friendly. Frankly, the only way I see him winning is of there is also a Perot-like independent that takes 15-20%of the vote.

I'm pulling for Romney, though it's still very early. A Romney/Watts ticket would be nice, but I wouldn't hold my breath waiting for it. Romney/Rice would be interesting. Makes me wonder how it would go with a Republican ticket of a Mormon from Massachusetts and a single black woman.

I like Romney too. I think he is being overlooked as a candidate. I think McCain and Frist have committed suicide with that Immigration bill. And while I like Newt, I can see him getting dismissed easily on electability issues.

As for Senator Allen, I know absolutly nothing about him. I dont think anyone does. However, the fact that he is a senator doesnt help his chances.

As for the Dems i figure it will be some governor who isnt in the limelight yet. I think Al Gore, Hillary, and Kerry have an ice cubes chance in hell of getting that nomination/

aeromit said:
Hi,

I've read in The journa lthat Massachusetts Gov Mitt Romney is considered as a model Republican candidate for the White House in 2008. Do you think so?

.. and what do you think about both front runner candidates the Rep. and Dem.? Any names?

Regards
D.

I would love to see Mitt Romney get the nomination, right though his polls numbers are not as good as Guiliani which is a shame because I don't think Rudy has any plans for running, McCain is okay but he would be my third or fouth choice. Of course if it comes down to McCain or Frauline Hillary it's hands down McCain.

Bonnie said:
I would love to see Mitt Romney get the nomination, right though his polls numbers are not as good as Guiliani which is a shame because I don't think Rudy has any plans for running, McCain is okay but he would be my third or fouth choice. Of course if it comes down to McCain or Frauline Hillary it's hands down McCain.

I think the poll numbers will go up when he is better known. its still early now. But Romney is doing pretty well in some of the early polling among republicans. I know he has been scoring higher than McCain.

I think Guiliani would be a good consideration for VP as well.

Sen. Bayh and Govs. Vilsack and Sebelius would all be considered moderate on the political scale. Gov. Vilsack is leaving the Governor's chair this year. Gov. Sebelius is running for re-election and her running mate is actually the former chair of the Kansas Republican Party who left because the party moved too far to the right. Sen. Bayh is a moderate from Indiana, which is a very Republican state.

As for Romney, no way. He's too liberal for the far right. He supports concepts like Universal health care, and he isn't virulently anti-immigrant. McCain is a maverick that the GOP leadership hates. Giuliani supports gay rights and abortion rights, so he has about as much chance at the nomination as I do.

acludem

Here's my question. What has Guiliani done that makes him Presidential material? He was the 9/11 mayor, and he did help reduce crime in New York, but fighting bank robbers isn't the President's concern. I prefer voting for a govenor for President. Governing a state is about as similar as you can get to being President. I want someone who knows how to run the government, weed out corruption, and knows how to enforce the laws. I don't want a President who just sets the agenda for Congress and goes around the nation supporting whatever proposal he likes that's in front of the Senate at the moment.

William Joyce said:
Tom Tancredo, R-Colo.!

http://tancredo4prez.blogspot.com/

Has little chance of winning the presidency, though.

Between Hillary "The Closet Commie" Clinton and John "I Went from Hero to Traitor in Just Three Decades" McCain, I think I'd... shoot myself.

I'm with you W.J., all the way.

I'd like to see Tancredo and Newt on the same ticket, either way, either one for prez. But I'll probably vote for Tancredo no matter who runs with him. And if he doesn't run, I might write him in. We'll see. The election is a long way off. I'll vote my conscience though. I will NOT vote for ANYONE that is for this frickin AMNESTY bullshit.

Gingrich has said he may run:

http://quote.bloomberg.com/apps/news?pid=10000039&refer=columnist_ferguson&sid=aLu0dkQEt5iw

Andrew Ferguson is a columnist for Bloomberg News. The opinions expressed are his own.

Could Newt Gingrich Be the Big Winner of 2006?: Andrew Ferguson

June 13 (Bloomberg) -- Newt Gingrich, former speaker of the U.S. House of Representatives and architect of the Republican takeover of Congress 14 years ago, managed to make some news last week. He told an audience of chin-pullers and longheads at the Brookings Institution that he might consider running for president in 2008.

Let the world be shocked. This won't be news to us thrill- seekers who gather regularly at Gingrich's Web site, www.newt.org.

There visitors find a little clickable box titled ``Watch Newt on Road to the White House.'' It turns out to be a video clip of an appearance Gingrich made on a C-Span television show of that name, but still: You can't get a much clearer description of Newt's present activities and ambitions.

The moron who said there were no second acts in American life -- was it Ryan Seacrest? Paula Abdul? -- is about to be refuted yet again.

Gingrich has been dipping his toe in the presidential bathwater for several months now. The fact that no responsible Republican has waved him off, or even fled from the spectacle shrieking in horror, is further evidence of the unsettled state of today's Republicans -- and of their short memories.

Bonnie said:

Romney is a Mormon. Many Christians consider, myself included, Mormons to be a CULT. Read the history of the group. It's all lies. Joseph Smith was an out and out liar and his "Book of Mormon" is nothing but made up lies. It is truly sad that so many are sucked into this CULT. With just a little research you can easily find the truth about the LDS. Take a quick perusal. http://www.irr.org/MIT/origins.html
Joseph Smith was a charleton.

Rico said:
Romney is a Mormon. Many Christians consider, myself included, Mormons to be a CULT. Read the history of the group. It's all lies. Joseph Smith was an out and out liar and his "Book of Mormon" is nothing but made up lies. It is truly sad that so many are sucked into this CULT. With just a little research you can easily find the truth about the LDS. Take a quick perusal. http://www.irr.org/MIT/origins.html
Joseph Smith was a charleton.

The perk is that you get to enjoy 10 wives...sounds rather appealing:mm:

red states rule said:
Yes you are right. Per Ann her bestseller libs love to tell folks they are without religion. So I understand why you do not like McCain

But why do I think you had no problem when Lieberman mentiond God 7 times in his acceptance speech for VP in 2000

You would be wrong to think so. I have a problem with any politician who wears their religion on their sleeve to garner votes.

Forum List

Back