cancer patient

f350

Rookie
Aug 10, 2009
As a 67 year old male with stage 3 cancer; what direction would the new health care plan take me if it was in affect?

Last edited:
As a 67 year old male with stage 3 cancer; what direction would the new health care plan take me if it was in affect?

If you are on Medicare, it would not effect you at all.

The main push of the reform is to outlaw insurers from denying care for "pre-existing conditions" and to provide a public option for people who don't have health insurance.

The for profit healthcare industry has called in their minions to try to confuse the issue. They are doing a good job of it.

I'm sorry you're ill. Hope you kick cancer's butt.

As for your question, if you have a private health insurance plan, the new plan would keep your insurance company from dropping you for pre-existing condition and you'd probably have lower co-pays. If you're on medicare, it would probably not change very much. If you have no coverage, you'd be covered.

overall, in terns of actual care, it probably wouldn't make any difference in your treatment plan unless you're foregoing treatment of some kind because you can't afford health insurance or the co-pays.

Kind of a difficult question when you haven't said what your current health care plan is.

You are on medicare--probably with some type of supplemental insurance that covers things medicare does not pay for. I think right now you're O.K. with getting about every treatment your doctor recommendends--on the other hand if this bill passes--who knows what type of treatment will be offered to you. Hopefully it's more than a pain pill.

The problem--none of us really know the nitty gritty details of the bill--this congress & administration is pushing. Then we find out there are 4 more bills in the senate right now that are still in committee--that have not even been discussed as yet.

Why this administration is pushing this one--without knowledge of one that may be better for everyone is a mystery.

Good luck with winning your battle--I am an 11 year cancer survivor.

You are on medicare--probably with some type of supplemental insurance that covers things medicare does not pay for. I think right now you're O.K. with getting about every treatment your doctor recommendends--on the other hand if this bill passes--who knows what type of treatment will be offered to you. Hopefully it's more than a pain pill.

The problem--none of us really know the nitty gritty details of the bill--this congress & administration is pushing. Then we find out there are 4 more bills in the senate right now that are still in committee--that have not even been discussed as yet.

Why this administration is pushing this one--without knowledge of one that may be better for everyone is a mystery.

Good luck with winning your battle--I am an 11 year cancer survivor.

Why are you lying?

Forum List

Back