Cancer blood tests getting closer to tissue biopsies in results

Political Junky

Gold Member
May 27, 2009
This sounds phenomenal.

Cancer blood tests getting closer to tissue biopsies in results

One of the next big advances in cancer treatment will be the development of blood tests, called liquid or blood biopsies, that can monitor the growth of tumors by analyzing DNA shed from tumors into the bloodstream, several cancer experts tell Axios. Multiple research facilities and biotech companies are developing and testing these biopsies, but before they'll be seen in the clinic they need to lower the costs and prove the tests are reliable and lead to patients living longer.

The bottom line: The blood tests could help determine more precise treatments for cancers proven stubbornly hard to treat, like brain cancer. "In my opinion, there is very little doubt it will be" available soon, said Mark Roschewski, a staff clinician at the lymphoid malignancies branch at the National Cancer Institute. "Only question is when and at what breadth."

Where it stands: A significant amount of cancer research is now about fine-tuning the testing, lowering the genetic sequencing costs, and proving the clinical worth, Roschewski says. Shiuh-Wen Luoh, a medical oncologist at Oregon Health and Science University, agrees: "For today and tomorrow, it may stay in the academic arena."
<more>

Oh brother...two idiots posting together.^^^

Cancer is a HUGE money making scam that the government (that Mattieboy LOVES and ADORES) is doing little to prevent.

Establishment medicine continues to use 'treatments' that have been in existence for decades. So much for science improving things. Cancer 'cure' rates for nearly all types of cancers, are unchanged in the USA from decades ago. Science anyone?

It is all about the money...thanks to a corrupt criminal central government...that Mattieboy LOVES.

Cancer is a HUGE money making scam that the government (that Mattieboy LOVES and ADORES) is doing little to prevent.

Establishment medicine continues to use 'treatments' that have been in existence for decades. So much for science improving things. Cancer 'cure' rates for nearly all types of cancers, are unchanged in the USA from decades ago. Science anyone?

It is all about the money...thanks to a corrupt criminal central government...that Mattieboy LOVES.

Have to disagree. As a cancer patient, multiple myeloma bone cancer, I think new tests and techniques are very important, especially genetic tehniques that offer potential cures to previously incurable cancers.

Have to disagree. As a cancer patient, multiple myeloma bone cancer, I think new tests and techniques are very important, especially genetic tehniques that offer potential cures to previously incurable cancers.
There are numerous treatments for cancer that are far more effective than chemo and radiation, but they do not involve billions of dollars...as such, they are ignored.

Establishment medicine in the USA, is all about the all mighty dollar.

There are numerous treatments for cancer that are far more effective than chemo and radiation, but they do not involve billions of dollars...as such, they are ignored.

I agree that our medical system is much too costly and that the profit motive seems to drive what we do about it legislatively. But that is insufficient reason to not fund promising research areas, either via NIH or other avenues. I know the drug companies do huge amounts of research, but I also support the idea of federal support.

I agree that our medical system is much too costly and that the profit motive seems to drive what we do about it legislatively. But that is insufficient reason to not fund promising research areas, either via NIH or other avenues. I know the drug companies do huge amounts of research, but I also support the idea of federal support.
yeah...that has been so effective.:uhoh3:

You and Mattieboy are under the same delusions. The central government is corrupt and owned by wealthy special interests....to think they will do what's right, is to not think.

Remember this?

National Cancer Act of 1971
In 1970, the American people made clear their desire for a cure for the second-leading cause of death in the United States. President Nixon responded during his January 1971 State of the Union address: "I will also ask for an appropriation of an extra $100 million to launch an intensive campaign to find a cure for cancer, and I will ask later for whatever additional funds can effectively be used. The time has come in America when the same kind of concentrated effort that split the atom and took man to the moon should be turned toward conquering this dread disease. Let us make a total national commitment to achieve this goal."
Milestone (1971): President Nixon declares war on cancer

You and Mattieboy are under the same delusions. The central government is corrupt and owned by wealthy special interests....to think they will do what's right, is to not think.

Remember this?

In 1970, the American people made clear their desire for a cure for the second-leading cause of death in the United States. President Nixon responded during his January 1971 State of the Union address: "I will also ask for an appropriation of an extra $100 million to launch an intensive campaign to find a cure for cancer, and I will ask later for whatever additional funds can effectively be used. The time has come in America when the same kind of concentrated effort that split the atom and took man to the moon should be turned toward conquering this dread disease. Let us make a total national commitment to achieve this goal."
If you break a leg, just pray over it.

Remember this?

If you break a leg, just pray over it.
Typical stupid response from a leftist.

We are discussing CANCER...and yet, you are the OP. LMFAO!!!

Was there a contention in the OP ?

I didn't see one.

It sounds like some good things are happening.

If I had my choice, I'd certainly choose dog screening over any other kind. Even to having a canine second opinion. They are simply not wrong.

Dig Deeper, Pork Soda. Genetic therapy for neuroblastoma was attempted decades ago with disastrous results, and just what DNA crosses the blood-brain barrier for a cancer test?. What is the ratio of blood DNA that can be tested in relation to all types of cancer? To all types of lesion?

Forum List

Back