Canceled TV shows.

Man you guys watch all these shows?

I could never follow that many different shows, especially the ones where you have to keep up with the plot. That's what's good about sitcoms. You don't have to tune in every week and they are funny and relaxing. :)

Apparently you never attended college or a University. Sometimes/ most times one is required to read half a dozen or more books during the same midterm; a history midterm might require that many alone in one course.

I most certainly have.

What on earth does this have to do with television shows? You are nuts!

Yes he is.

That, and his explanation made zip sense.

Wow, no wonder the Alt. Right is challenged by reality, even a simple concept seems to be over their heads. Do I need to explain to them, that reading one book and switching to another and then another is like watching different genres on TV? It doesn't take but a moment to get back to the theme or story as the case may be.

^^^^ boy gone nuts

Copper should not have been cancelled, but it was too strong on reality. Drug addiction, sexually abused and precocious children (that one must have really been the death knell) and lots of pot boiler drama. Best show on tv in awhile. I knew it would be cancelled, though.

Man you guys watch all these shows?

I could never follow that many different shows, especially the ones where you have to keep up with the plot. That's what's good about sitcoms. You don't have to tune in every week and they are funny and relaxing. :)

Apparently you never attended college or a University. Sometimes/ most times one is required to read half a dozen or more books during the same midterm; a history midterm might require that many alone in one course.

I most certainly have.

Yes he is.

Wow, no wonder the Alt. Right is challenged by reality, even a simple concept seems to be over their heads. Do I need to explain to them, that reading one book and switching to another and then another is like watching different genres on TV? It doesn't take but a moment to get back to the theme or story as the case may be.

Are you only permitted half an hour or an hour each week for each book? Of course not. Your comparison is deeply flawed. Television shows generally air once a week, often with multiple breaks during a season (although that is changing with the prevalence of streaming services), while a student can usually spend as much time as they wish to reading from their various textbooks outside of class.

You know, I was just starting to really get into Training Day, but unfortunately, it will probably end this season because Bill Paxton died.

Too bad really, I liked that show, and I really enjoyed his character.
ABS i liked the show too,Paxton is always good....but i read before he died that the show was not doing to great and would likely have only lasted this season....thats what i read anyway.....

Copper should not have been cancelled, but it was too strong on reality. Drug addiction, sexually abused and precocious children (that one must have really been the death knell) and lots of pot boiler drama. Best show on tv in awhile. I knew it would be cancelled, though.
yea Copper....that was a good show....Ripper Street is a 1800's cop show too.....so is the Murdock Mysteries....

I most certainly have.

Yes he is.

Are you only permitted half an hour or an hour each week for each book? Of course not. Your comparison is deeply flawed. Television shows generally air once a week, often with multiple breaks during a season (although that is changing with the prevalence of streaming services), while a student can usually spend as much time as they wish to reading from their various textbooks outside of class.

Mea culpa, I did not attend USC (University of Spoiled Children), I went to CAL. There I worked 36 hours a week and took 15 semester units; spoiled children didn't work their way through college. I had very little time to read when at work, when at sleep and when in class.

I most certainly have.

Yes he is.

Mea culpa, I did not attend USC (University of Spoiled Children), I went to CAL. There I worked 36 hours a week and took 15 semester units; spoiled children didn't work their way through college. I had very little time to read when at work, when at sleep and when in class.

Just can't bear to admit your comparison wasn't a good one, can you? ;)

Good job trying to toot your own horn, though! :lol:

I most certainly have.

Yes he is.

It was an analogy, thus a comparison between two things, used for the purpose of explanation. A bit difficult for the concrete thinkers of America to comprehend, it seems.

Yes he is.

It was an analogy, thus a comparison between two things, used for the purpose of explanation. A bit difficult for the concrete thinkers of America to comprehend, it seems.

I understand perfectly well it was an analogy. The problem is that it was a bad analogy. :D

You might like Mercy Street on PBS then, but I don't think they're running the episodes free anymore. Might be on Amazon Prime.

You might like Mercy Street on PBS then, but I don't think they're running the episodes free anymore. Might be on Amazon Prime.

Mercy Street season 1 and 2 are available on Amazon Prime.

that was a good show.....another good one they cancel.....

I haven't got all the way through season 2. It's good, despite the horde of stereotypes.

It's on PBS and I've seen it a couple times, but it's pablum compared to Copper. Copper was for adults only.

It always pisses me off when a favorite TV show gets canceled especially if there's no sensible closure. I found a website where fans write stories that continue or expand on these shows. There are also sections for movies and books. Some are amateurish but there are writers that are very good and could making a living from writing professionally.

FanFiction
Thanks. I always enjoyed Joan of Arcadia. Had too many family values so was cancelled after two seasons.

This show hasn't been cancelled, but is anyone following Designated Survivor? It's a liberal's dream, so I imagine it has turned a lot of folks off by now. Of course, I love it.
Once they've caught up with the terrorists, though, it's gonna get boring. Someone needs to get pregnant.

This show hasn't been cancelled, but is anyone following Designated Survivor? It's a liberal's dream, so I imagine it has turned a lot of folks off by now. Of course, I love it.
Once they've caught up with the terrorists, though, it's gonna get boring. Someone needs to get pregnant.

I didn't like that one enough to keep up with it. The first couple of episodes were good enough, but it started to get old pretty fast for me. :dunno:

I haven't got all the way through season 2. It's good, despite the horde of stereotypes.
according to the making of the show thing i saw,its is supposed to be pretty historically right on.....

I don't know whats been cancelled cuz I have been cancelled. No cable. I sure miss it.

Forum List

Back