Canadian's Perpective on this Obama Disaster (Good Read)

David Solway ... a Canadian Jew. Solway is known for his work both as a poet, essayist and as a teacher, as well as for his polemical outspokenness, especially in defence of Zionism, George W. Bush and the war on terror.

Translation for pea brains... a Canadian neocon...

Oh i get it he is a Jew so we can't trust him.....nice to see your bigotry on full display BFGRN.

No, you DON'T get it... you're not even close. Is it ignorance or stupidity?

Its both ignorance and stupidity on your part.

The ignorance to try and belittle what the man said based on him being a "canadian jew" and your stupidity for continuing the trend by using a label "canadian neocon" So, what is a 'neocon'? - Pittsburgh Tribune-Review

Oh i get it he is a Jew so we can't trust him.....nice to see your bigotry on full display BFGRN.

The ignorance to try and belittle what the man said based on him being a "canadian jew" and your stupidity for continuing the trend by using a label "canadian neocon" So, what is a 'neocon'? - Pittsburgh Tribune-Review

What is so hard to understand? David Solway is a warmonger. He has no regard for American sons and daughters that die to protect Israel...do YOU???

Wow, wasted no time pointing out that he is a "Jew".

Guess we know where you are coming from... funny too, you didn't attempt to refute a word he wrote; just immediately pointed out that he's a Jew as if that alone renders him not worthy of consideration.

Soggy, when a wingnut such as BFDGRN disagrees with what an author of a article states, he will attack the author, because he has nothing to refute the article.
He has to do it, it's in his chemical makeup. Just as the sun will rise and set, he will attack.

There is NOTHING IN the article. It is pure emotion and vitriol.

I was a bit worried, thought I was losing my ability to read and comprehend. There was nothing to comprehend. I feel better :D

David Solway ... a Canadian Jew. Solway is known for his work both as a poet, essayist and as a teacher, as well as for his polemical outspokenness, especially in defence of Zionism, George W. Bush and the war on terror.

Wow, wasted no time pointing out that he is a "Jew".

Guess we know where you are coming from... funny too, you didn't attempt to refute a word he wrote; just immediately pointed out that he's a Jew as if that alone renders him not worthy of consideration.

What he wrote is rhetoric and opinion. There are no facts in the OP to refute.

Why do I have a feeling this Canuck's POV is a minority view in his own country?
Though that may be true, and he's in the minority, it does not change the accuracy of his statements and clarity of view.

As for the, "it's opinion and rhetoric" point of view, that sounds like the white flag of a whipped point of view.

Most Jews, even Zionist, are not neocons! So what the fuck is your point! Funny how just staying "he/she is a Jew" now is a way for the left to defeat arguments!

A better argument might have been that he stated mostly opinions and gave no concrete evidence to support his claims. When I say Canadian perspective I was hoping for one on the healthcare system in Canada, which he didn't talk that much about!

Americans don't give a flying fuck what Canadians think do they?

I sure as hell don't

Why do you say that? I care what they have to say! For the most part they are one of the most successful countries on the world. They do many things right.

Most Jews, even Zionist, are not neocons! So what the fuck is your point! Funny how just staying "he/she is a Jew" now is a way for the left to defeat arguments!

A better argument might have been that he stated mostly opinions and gave no concrete evidence to support his claims. When I say Canadian perspective I was hoping for one on the healthcare system in Canada, which he didn't talk that much about!

David Solway...author of:
The Big Lie: On Terror, Antisemitism, And Identity
Hear, O Israel!

"If I then say that these Canucks are calumet-puffers with no idea of how the world really works, does this justify calling me a “warmonger”—or would I be a “peacemaker” in the long run? If I have come to the conclusion that not everyone is a potential negotiating partner and that dialogue often serves the purposes of the adversary, am I a “reactionary” or a “realist”? Whatever designations people like to bandy about, I can only say what I see. If the deductions I have enumerated make me a “neo-conservative,” so be it..."
David Solway - FrontPageMag.com Interview

FrontPageMag.com is a neo-conservative magazine founded by ex-Marxist (Trokskyite) turned neo-conservative activist David Horowitz. FrontPage's output ranges from old-fashioned red-baiting and neocon punditry, to pushing pro-Likud zionist propaganda.
sourcewatch

If it looks like a duck, and quacks like a duck, we have at least to consider the possibility that we have a small aquatic bird of the family anatidae on our hands.
Douglas Adams

If it looks like a duck, and quacks like a duck, we have at least to consider the possibility that we have a small aquatic bird of the family anatidae on our hands.
Douglas Adams

Its da jooooooooooozzzzzz

If it posts like an idiot, acts like an idiot, we do consider the very real possibility that it is Bfgrn

No the previous worst Prez was Carter...nobody can deny that...not even hard core Dems...The new Champ is Obama...

Bush was the worst president in American history. He actually makes Nixon look human.

Just LOOK at our economy, our debt and Bush's job creation record...

Carter created 3X as many jobs in 1/2 the time...

Bush On Jobs: The Worst Track Record On Record - Real Time Economics - Wall Street Journal

payroll-expansion-by-presdient.png

Anyone who knows my perspective knows that I am for sure a liberal. However, Nixon, in spite of the Watergate thing, was actually a very good president. He started a much needed dialog with foreign countries, especially China. There were many domestic programs he championed. His problem was not understanding the law also applied to the president. He could have been a great president. His achievements get lost in his disrespect for the law.

No the previous worst Prez was Carter...nobody can deny that...not even hard core Dems...The new Champ is Obama...

Bush was the worst president in American history. He actually makes Nixon look human.

Bush On Jobs: The Worst Track Record On Record - Real Time Economics - Wall Street Journal

Anyone who knows my perspective knows that I am for sure a liberal. However, Nixon, in spite of the Watergate thing, was actually a very good president. He started a much needed dialog with foreign countries, especially China. There were many domestic programs he championed. His problem was not understanding the law also applied to the president. He could have been a great president. His achievements get lost in his disrespect for the law.

WHAT????????????????? Nixon didn't understand human beings. He was a sick, paranoid little man. His 'War on Drugs' destroyed the lives of thousands of Americans...

President-elect Kennedy paid a courtesy visit to Richard Nixon after the 1960 election in Key Biscayne Florida. They sat by the pool at an oceanfront villa at the old Key Biscayne Hotel. Dave Powers said the President-elect did more listening than talking. As they were walking to the car, JFK said to Powers, 'you know Dave, it's good for you, me and everyone that guy didn't quite make it.'

Highlights of Nixon comments on marijuana:

* Jews and marijuana: "I see another thing in the news summary this morning about it. That's a funny thing, every one of the bastards that are out for legalizing marijuana is Jewish. What the Christ is the matter with the Jews, Bob, what is the matter with them? I suppose it's because most of them are psychiatrists . . ."

* Marijuana and the culture wars: "You see, homosexuality, dope, immorality in general. These are the enemies of strong societies. That's why the Communists and the left-wingers are pushing the stuff, they're trying to destroy us."

* Marijuana compared to alcohol: marijuana consumers smoke "to get high" while "a person drinks to have fun." Nixon also saw marijuana leading to loss of motivation and discipline but claimed: "At least with liquor I don't lose motivation."

* Marijuana and political dissent: ". . . radical demonstrators that were here . . . two weeks ago . . . They're all on drugs, virtually all."

* Drug education: "Enforce the law, you’ve got to scare them."

US_incarceration_timeline.gif

Nixon was also a very liberal president for a republican. who laid some of the foundations of things that are destroying us now. China and the EPA come to mind.
That said, he was a broken watch, right briefly twice a day.

What is so hard to understand? David Solway is a warmonger. He has no regard for American sons and daughters that die to protect Israel...do YOU???

nice deflection of your bigotry against Jewish people.

Responding to the sub-theme in the thread. Nixon was just like any other president, some stuff was good, some bloody awful but I think his policy towards China is at least one progressive thing he can be remembered for.

Responding to the sub-theme in the thread. Nixon was just like any other president, some stuff was good, some bloody awful but I think his policy towards China is at least one progressive thing he can be remembered for.

I'm sure the folks sent to prison for smoking marijuana, which was classified as a Schedule I controlled substance, in the same category as heroin will now feel comfort...

nice deflection of your bigotry against Jewish people.

I don't have any bigotry towards Jews, just bigotry towards war and killing. And bigotry towards people like Solway, who promote sending American sons & daughters into harms way to protect Israel.

It's a real shame, too bad you are unable to comprehend that

Yep, we can. And as we all know

Progressive = BAD IDEA

I'm sure the folks sent to prison for smoking marijuana, which was classified as a Schedule I controlled substance, in the same category as heroin will now feel comfort...

Bad stuff, good stuff. That's an example of the bad stuff.

Forum List

Back