Canadian Mayor supporting total handgun ban

In Canada, buying a gun takes about 60 days. Licensing agents are required to advise an applicant's spouse or next-of-kin prior to granting a license. In fact, they have to notify any significant other you lived with in the prior two years that you are buying a gun. And you have to take a gun safety course.

Magazines are limited to 5 rounds.

You can own an AR-15 but AK-47s are banned outright.

Your AR-15 can only be fired at a gun range, and you have to be licensed.
Lol
Might as well not even own firearms with those fucked up restrictions. Fuck face

In Canada, buying a gun takes about 60 days. Licensing agents are required to advise an applicant's spouse or next-of-kin prior to granting a license. In fact, they have to notify any significant other you lived with in the prior two years that you are buying a gun. And you have to take a gun safety course.

Magazines are limited to 5 rounds.

You can own an AR-15 but AK-47s are banned outright.

Your AR-15 can only be fired at a gun range, and you have to be licensed.
Lol
Might as well not even own firearms with those fucked up restrictions. Fuck face
-------------------------------- aw haw , ----- yeah but , 'canooks' can go target shooting and do 'gun cleaning' and gun polishing and they can talk about guns and they can look at their licenses and all done in an approved and very , vewy 'government ' approved way .

i think its funny , take away all 'canooks' handguns because your 'canook government' imported a murderous muslim into 'Canada . Course 'trudy trudeau' will still be protected by men with concealed handguns .

And in effort to defend the citizens, take away their guns to protect themselves.

Come to think of it, isn't that what the left is trying to do here? They are importing criminals and wanting to disarm the public at the same time. Now there's a good combination.

He wasn’t an “imported criminal”. He was a home grown mentally disturbed man. Like the guy in the Florida school shooting, he’d gone on and off his meds but had frequently told others he wanted to shoot someone. Others had reported his behaviour, including members of his family. Nothing was done.

The gun he used was stolen in a burglary in Saskatchewan two years ago.

Really? The report I read yesterday is the police believed that he got the gun from his brother. Did they change the story?
-------------------------------------------------------------------- maybe , yeah , maybe they changed the story . They are their governments employees so anything to keep the paychecks coming in . They got boats , snowmachines , motorcycles and hockey skates to pay for .

Now you know why I never go any further into Canada than the Falls.

After a mass shooting left three people dead, including the shooter, in Toronto on Sunday, the city's conservative mayor backed a proposal that even the most liberal American politicians wouldn't dare support ― a total ban on all handgun sales.

"Why does anyone in this city need to have a gun at all?" Mayor John Tory asked at a city council meeting on Monday.

Tory spoke a day after 29-year-old Faisal Hussain opened fire with a handgun on a busy avenue in the city, killing two females and injuring 13 other people. The incident left Torontonians in fear and mourning and prompted the city council to vote on Tuesday night to ask the federal government to ban the sale of handguns within city limits.

"What's happened in the United States is what not to do," said Toronto city councilman Joe Cressy following Sunday's shooting.

Toronto's Mayor Did What No U.S. Leader Has Done After A Mass Shooting

So do they really think that a ban on handguns in Toronto will stop people from getting guns? They consider this Mayor a conservative?

I don't know, but I think liberal politics is beginning to infect our friends up north. A nice dog and pony show to placate the masses. Canada already has strict gun measures, in fact, the same measures liberals think we should implement here such as special licensing, government training, and of course, all the red tape. But oh! It's not working very well.

Will our Democrats learn anything from Canada? Probably not. But according to this Huff piece, their strict regulations have led to more shootings and gun deaths in 2018 compared to last year.

Useless.

It only works well when you ban firearms nationwide as Europe has proven. Chicago is proof that local/regional bans are useless.

A right to bear arms only to protect the government of the United States from foreign assault with the intent to overthrow.
Yeah not according to the Supreme Court.
BB
Why else would someone own a gun?
Lol
None of your fucking business... you fucking Coward

I am a "coward" for questioning why this is occurring? There is a guy on USMB whose avatar shows a pistol aimed at the viewer's face. There is no reason for you to call me a coward for questioning why this is going on now and why these filthy individuals are here trying to dominate the conversation.

i just thought that we were all just having an informative discussion Lysis .

A right to bear arms only to protect the government of the United States from foreign assault with the intent to overthrow.
BB
Lol

I am a "coward" for questioning why this is occurring? There is a guy on USMB whose avatar shows a pistol aimed at the viewer's face. There is no reason for you to call me a coward for questioning why this is going on now and why these filthy individuals are here trying to dominate the conversation.
--------------------------------------------------------- why ' WHAT ' is occurring , what is occurring that you are questioning lysis ??

BB
Lol

So what you are saying is you're scared of an avatar? I bet you also question why we call you on the left Snowflakes.

After a mass shooting left three people dead, including the shooter, in Toronto on Sunday, the city's conservative mayor backed a proposal that even the most liberal American politicians wouldn't dare support ― a total ban on all handgun sales.

"Why does anyone in this city need to have a gun at all?" Mayor John Tory asked at a city council meeting on Monday.

Tory spoke a day after 29-year-old Faisal Hussain opened fire with a handgun on a busy avenue in the city, killing two females and injuring 13 other people. The incident left Torontonians in fear and mourning and prompted the city council to vote on Tuesday night to ask the federal government to ban the sale of handguns within city limits.

"What's happened in the United States is what not to do," said Toronto city councilman Joe Cressy following Sunday's shooting.

So do they really think that a ban on handguns in Toronto will stop people from getting guns? They consider this Mayor a conservative?

I don't know, but I think liberal politics is beginning to infect our friends up north. A nice dog and pony show to placate the masses. Canada already has strict gun measures, in fact, the same measures liberals think we should implement here such as special licensing, government training, and of course, all the red tape. But oh! It's not working very well.

Will our Democrats learn anything from Canada? Probably not. But according to this Huff piece, their strict regulations have led to more shootings and gun deaths in 2018 compared to last year.

Useless.

It only works well when you ban firearms nationwide as Europe has proven. Chicago is proof that local/regional bans are useless.

Europe has nothing to show for their gun ban if you look at their gun crime 20 years before their bans and today. You would also note an increase in other violent crimes since people there have no way of protecting themselves.

BB
Lol

Someone else’s Firearm ownership is none of your business... Do you need to stay the fuck out of people’s personal lives

Useless.

Europe has nothing to show for their gun ban if you look at their gun crime 20 years before their bans and today. You would also note an increase in other violent crimes since people there have no way of protecting themselves.

There are few mayors of major cities in the US who wouldn't trade their crime rate for that of major cities in Europe.

Now you know why I never go any further into Canada than the Falls.
--------------------------------------------- as a widdle kid of about 5 or 6 and 60 some years ago we used to go to the Niagara Falls quite often . My DAD would stand me up on the icy railing and then let me go to balance myself . My Dad , Mom , Brother and Sisters all thought it was good fun and it was . Dad would probably be arrested nowadays but he sure taught me how to Balance :afro: !!

Useless.

There are few mayors of major cities in the US who wouldn't trade their crime rate for that of major cities in Europe.

Maybe not if they are so myopic to think less crime is related to an object and not the people.

We are an extremely diverse country. If you compare crimes in this country of whites only to those European countries, you will find much less differences.

In other words take all the people in Chicago and move them to Canada, and then come back in five years and show me how their crime level has not changed. I think you would be very disappointed in the results.

Useless.

----------------------------- no one cares , europe sucks as its a land of Subjects Candy .

Forum List

Back