Can you name a more beloved comic actor today than Martin Short?

Not a stand up.

Not deceased.

Just someone who people just LIKE a lot and even feel a familiar kind of celebrity "love" about from afar.

My money is on Martin Short.

Funny AND beloved.
Adam Sandler.

Not a stand up.

Not deceased.

Just someone who people just LIKE a lot and even feel a familiar kind of celebrity "love" about from afar.

Funny AND beloved.
Adam Sandler.

I was going to say him, but I thought he got his start in stand up comedy clubs???

Most people do not even remember who Martin Short was or what was funny about him

Give me Dana Carvey or Rick Moranis any day

Both got started as stand up comedians, I think. That means they don't count.
I don't think of Martin Short as a comedic actor and cannot think of any roles that were beloved
Short did skit comedy much like Moranis and Carvey. If you want to talk beloved....go with Mike Meyers...Wayne's World, Ausin Powers and Shrek

Short's Jiminy Glick was beyond brilliant and probably underappreciated (try youtube for some).
He is beloved and I have to check YouTube to find an example of his comedy?
Short never had a memorable movie role

I'm not arguing that he's the most beloved comic ever I'm simply saying that he did some really good stuff.

Martin Short is a stand up, so what? Adam Sandler is so sweet and funny..

Adam Sandler is the worst ever.

Big Daddy was hilarious! Also, Happy Gilmore. :D When he fights with Bob Barker and Bob Barker kicks his arse! That's classic comedy! :lol:
Happy Gilmore is one of the funniest movies I have ever seen, The Waterboy is also very funny.

I really liked Big Daddy too. Some of his movies were just stupid though.

Not a stand up.

Not deceased.

Funny AND beloved.
Adam sandler

Not a stand up.

Not deceased.

Funny AND beloved.

Thousands of them. Andy Griffin for one.

Forum List

Back