Can you name a more beloved comic actor today than Martin Short?

Mojo2

Gold Member
Oct 28, 2013

Not a stand up.

Not deceased.

Just someone who people just LIKE a lot and even feel a familiar kind of celebrity "love" about from afar.

My money is on Martin Short.

Funny AND beloved.

michael_richards_041117_360.jpg

Tom Hanks.

Oh, he's got my, "beloved" vote. I'm just not certain he is really thought of as a comedic actor. Bosom Buddies and Splash, notwithstanding. And I know he is a really comedic person and he has been an SNL Guest host ? times?

The Five-Timers Club is the group of performers who have hosted SNL at least five times. The club was first mentioned on the show on December 8, 1990. Tom Hanks was making his fifth appearance as host, and the milestone became the subject of a sketch:

Last edited:
So, I guess Martin Short IS America's most beloved male comedic actor.

I like Steve Martin and Bill Murray

Well, Steve Martin is certainly a contender!

So, strangely, is Murray.

I mean after all, he was a guest at the Clooney betrothal in Venice, I believe.

That speaks somewhat to his beloved status, doesn't it?

Yes, I would put him squarely in the running.

Dana Carvey and Joan Rivers.

Carvey is not America's choice of fav comedic male actor over Martin Short.

And Joan died recently, meaning she's ineligible on THAT count as well as the fact she was a woman.

I'll re-post the OP in case some come late to the thread and don't bother to read it in position #1.

Not a stand up.

Not deceased.

Just someone who people just LIKE a lot and even feel a familiar kind of celebrity "love" about from afar.

My money is on Martin Short.

Funny AND beloved.

doesnt change fact that it is........careers of most listed in this post are small fry..........and currently doing what?????? whole lot of nothing

Are you shitting me? This is like asking, Who is the greatest baseball player of all time, not counting Babe Ruth?

Bill Fucking Cosby.

I rest my case.

Martin Short is not even funny. He is SILLY, but there is very little actual humor in what he does. Kinda like the Three Stooges. Silly, not funny.

And it almost goes without saying that Seinfeld tops MShort, hands down. But they are both merely on the list.

Forum List

Back