Can you be unhypnotized?

anotherlife

Gold Member
Nov 17, 2012
Cross-Atlantic
Many stories feature crimes committed under hypnotic suggestion, even in the high end stories of Columbo and Sherlock Holmes. You can program a person to do something under hypnosis, then when a trigger happens, the person does the program.

But can the opposite be done? Take a person that is programmed to do something under hypnotic suggestion. Can this hypnotic suggestion be found and undone, before it triggers and commits the crime?

Many stories feature crimes committed under hypnotic suggestion, even in the high end stories of Columbo and Sherlock Holmes. You can program a person to do something under hypnosis, then when a trigger happens, the person does the program.

But can the opposite be done? Take a person that is programmed to do something under hypnotic suggestion. Can this hypnotic suggestion be found and undone, before it triggers and commits the crime?

Lets find out. I am going to count down and as I count down you are going to feel yourself becoming more peaceful.

More relaxed.

In fact, more peaceful than you have ever been.

3 You are getting sleepy.

2 You can't keep your eyes open.

1 Nice deep breaths.

You are so peaceful. So relaxed.

Now, I want you to stand up

Dance like a chicken.

Did it work?

I can't be hypnotized....but I am subject to the effects of the Imperio curse. Harry Potter Spells: A complete list of what they all do | Hypable

Yeah

homer-simpson-mmm-donuts-wallpaper-2.jpg

Here's an idea to wrap your head around: descriptions of hypnosis in books and teeveee are not real.....They're going for dramatic effect...Fact is that if the hypnotic suggestions go against your belief suystems or your imprinted identity, you will not do those acts.

We're all programmed to do things under the hypnotic trance state known as "life"....Counter-acting destructive and anti social behavior deals with changing the subject at the belief and identity levels.....This very often requires a number of sessions, and cannot be done as easily as it is portrayed in books, movies, and other fictional portrayals.

Forum List

Back