CDZ Can you be rational?

In front of you is a burning car about to explode. There are two people in the car, a teenage girl in the front and an infant boy in the back. You can save only one. Who is the most rational one to save, and why?

It is rational to save either or neither.
It is rational to save one or the other. Whch, and why?

Typical simplistic thought. Infant has a IQ of 180 that no one knows about, girl suffers from leukemia. Values change with one bit of information for either child. PMH chooses simplistic non thinking and wants us all to believe that it is rational. It is not rational, it is merely simplistic.
What one or the other might be you cannot know. Choose one to save, one to die, and live with it.

If you actually knew the car was going to explode from fire;

the absolute rational answer is to get the fuck away.

no rational person is going to go into fire, no rational person is going to risk their life for another.

that's why you can see a video of city people letting a tween freeze to death and small town people saving them, quickly.

Choose one to save, one to die, and live with it.

You are still presenting a false choice. Can you make a rational argument as to why someone should risk their life saving either of them?
Their life is not at risk. They are simply forced to make a choice. The question is, what is the rational choice?

So there is a burning car about to explode and their life is not at risk? In that case, neither the boy nor the girl's life is at risk, so there is still no rational reason they should do anything.

no rational person is going to go into fire, no rational person is going to risk their life for another.
Dead wrong, literally.
You're inability to think is amazing.

setting aside emotions, being rational, would cause a person to keep themselves safe.

it's why when someone is getting beat to death people break out their phones to record it instead of helping or calling the cops

Dead wrong, literally.

setting aside emotions, being rational, would cause a person to keep themselves safe.

it's why when someone is getting beat to death people break out their phones to record it instead of helping or calling the cops
That's your morality, not that of most people who can make a rational decision to try and save at least one. Being a selfish child you wouldn't understand that.

Dead wrong, literally.

That's your morality, not that of most people who can make a rational decision to try and save at least one. Being a selfish child you wouldn't understand that.
well you have a short memory problem, you should see a doctor.

b/c I clearly stated what I would do earlier.

Dead wrong, literally.

Wrong then and still wrong.

In front of you is a burning car about to explode. There are two people in the car, a teenage girl in the front and an infant boy in the back. You can save only one. Who is the most rational one to save, and why?

You cannot change the conditions of the test and that's all the information you have to go on. Points if you even attempt an answer (most won't)...

NEITHER. Since it has not been specified thst I know either individual or care about them in sny way, I call 911 to report the car fire (for public safety reasons) and leave the scene to preserve my own personsl safety, which is the only truly rational thing to do.

Dead wrong, literally.

:lol:

I was right then and am still right. You have a very narrow mind.

Pick a number

if it's between 1 and 10 you failed to use an open mind

Dead wrong, literally.

Pick a number

Good news, I didn't, I read to the bottom of the thread first, littleXXXXX.

Last edited by a moderator:

You cannot change the conditions of the test and that's all the information you have to go on. Points if you even attempt an answer (most won't)...

NEITHER. Since it has not been specified thst I know either individual or care about them in sny way, I call 911 to report the car fire (for public safety reasons) and leave the scene to preserve my own personsl safety, which is the only truly rational thing to do.
Fail, but TY.

Pick a number

Good news, I didn't, I read to the bottom of the thread first, little idiot.

that's not even a good lie

Pick a number

Good news, I didn't, I read to the bottom of the thread first, little idiot.

that's not even a good lie
It's not a lie.

Last edited by a moderator:

Forum List

Back