Can women rock too?

He says that he doesn't want to take anything away from their talent and that they are talented but that they still can't rock. Lol. Such a jerk.

He's probably not the first person you ever met that didn't like the same music as you. If he thinks Chrissie Hynde can't rock, I'm not sure he knows what rock is anyway.

Debbie Ortega vocals. Heart even had men in the band.

Hole.

I like some female rockers.

Castrator, anyone? There are better versions but you can see them here:

Hole.

I've seen them before, female GWAR. I don't call that rocking.
There's one with a blonde singer like that, too. Death Metal, not my thing.

No Chuck Berry riffs= Not Rockin'

0dcf7939d290e3178f9af0c3604734c1.jpg

Fuckin A right Chicks can rock.

Sean Yseult - Wikipedia

I have a friend (a guy friend - of COURSE) who says that women can't rock. Whenever I bring up women rock bands, he says that no guys really like them and that they are "chick rock." So what do you think about it?

Unfortunately there are NOT a whole lot of women rock bands out there for me to make a valid argument. I bring up bands like Heart and I bring up lady rockers like Joan Jett, but he just laughs and says that they don't rock.

I'm looking for a good argument I can use against him. :D

I may be dating myself, but get him a couple of Janice Joplin and Grace Slick CD's

Last edited:

Hole.

What?? There are days when it is the best thing ever. It's my aggressive middle finger to the world.

One of the things I found most irritating is when the music industry decided all hard rock or heavy metal (or speed metal/death metal) was going to have to kick out ballads for air time. Female rockers were also forced into a bizarre box. Either fit into this very tiny niche that has been created just for you or you win nothing.

When guys bitch about female rockers it is usually (but not always) about what they wear or some type of behavior that has been deemed crude and vulgar....
This is followed by the music is lame. It usually is lame. It's the problem that comes with being forced into an acceptable box. In the 90s there were a bunch of chics that came out with pop music classified as rock but was a throw back to folk music. Quaint but no Joan Baez.

Why did OP even make this thread?
He's raaaayyyyccccisssss!

Hole.

What?? There are days when it is the best thing ever. It's my aggressive middle finger to the world.

One of the things I found most irritating is when the music industry decided all hard rock or heavy metal (or speed metal/death metal) was going to have to kick out ballads for air time. Female rockers were also forced into a bizarre box. Either fit into this very tiny niche that has been created just for you or you win nothing.

When guys bitch about female rockers it is usually (but not always) about what they wear or some type of behavior that has been deemed crude and vulgar....
This is followed by the music is lame. It usually is lame. It's the problem that comes with being forced into an acceptable box. In the 90s there were a bunch of chics that came out with pop music classified as rock but was a throw back to folk music. Quaint but no Joan Baez.

I agree but...still don't like death metal much. :funnyface:

Why did OP even make this thread?
He's raaaayyyyccccisssss!

Hole.

I agree but...still don't like death metal much. :funnyface:

I'm ok with that.

Look at this up and coming little girl! The harmonics at the end of the intro are nice!

And a full grown one:

Belinda Carlyle and Grace Slick, for two, and several newish bands have female frontswomen who are great, I see them every once in a while on late night TV, but I can't remember the band names. Belinda Carlyle has a great version of The Ballad of Bonnie and Clyde, in French, that is killer on her Voila album; highly addictive, and not one you want to play while driving on the freeway ...

Hole.

Which is all kind of ironic, since most rock, including metal, is pretty effeminate as a genre, and mostly marketed to females; they spend the most on music and hence the largest targeted audience for it, and always have been.

Forum List

Back