Can we trust our voting machines?

SingleVoyce

Dec 29, 2015
The article below concerns me for several reasons. First, the machine in question was obviously malfunctioning. If it can malfunction by accident (assuming that it was an accident), how easy must it be to intentionally program a machine to change the voter's choice. Second, if you can "recalibrate the machine" at the voting location, what's going to prevent a poll worker from "recalibrating" it to change existing votes? If these types of things can happen by accident or can be accomplished by poll workers, it seems that it would be trivial for a really good hacker to do something similar.

How can we actually protect our voting machines so that we have confidence in the results?

Pennsylvania voters claim voting machines ‘changing’ ballots

The Soros machines, that the GOP sources kept putting out there. Yet Trump won. I believe we can't trust the EC. Paper ballots should be used everywhere.

We're hearing now that Russia did not give King Trumpery this win and instead, the R's voter suppression, vote theft did. Its true that the Rs stole votes in several different ways. If they had not, we would not be looking at the destruction King Trumpery has said he plans.

The Soros machines, that the GOP sources kept putting out there. Yet Trump won. I believe we can't trust the EC. Paper ballots should be used everywhere.
Why can't you trust the EC? They vote electronically?

Or politicians in our districts. Glad there is a recount, with the closeness it should of been done automatically.

We're hearing now that Russia did not give King Trumpery this win and instead, the R's voter suppression, vote theft did. Its true that the Rs stole votes in several different ways. If they had not, we would not be looking at the destruction King Trumpery has said he plans.
Link, Dudley Luddite?

The article below concerns me for several reasons. First, the machine in question was obviously malfunctioning. If it can malfunction by accident (assuming that it was an accident), how easy must it be to intentionally program a machine to change the voter's choice. Second, if you can "recalibrate the machine" at the voting location, what's going to prevent a poll worker from "recalibrating" it to change existing votes? If these types of things can happen by accident or can be accomplished by poll workers, it seems that it would be trivial for a really good hacker to do something similar.

How can we actually protect our voting machines so that we have confidence in the results?

What your link shows is that we can trust the voting machines but we can't trust the Democrats who try to rig them, but we already knew that from the fact they rigged their own primaries to get Clinton the nomination.

What your link shows is that we can trust the voting machines but we can't trust the Democrats who try to rig them, but we already knew that from the fact they rigged their own primaries to get Clinton the nomination.

Do you have proof of that, has there been a recount. Because if Bernie won, I want a do over with the debates.

Or politicians in our districts. Glad there is a recount, with the closeness it should of been done automatically.
There are automatic recounts if the results are within a certain percentage and the loser requests a recount. In the current request the results will be paid for by the requester because they are not within the margin or the loser didn't protest.
They are crying over spilt beer.

Do you have proof of that, has there been a recount. Because if Bernie won, I want a do over with the debates.
Sweet Mother Christmsas I'm about to blow! Bernie got MORE votes in many states but received less delegates! Super-Delegates (fix) ring a bell? Hello, earth to ..... do you live under a rock? I read two threads, and I begin to boil.....

There are automatic recounts if the results are within a certain percentage and the loser requests a recount. In the current request the results will be paid for by the requester because they are not within the margin or the loser didn't protest.
They are crying over spilt beer.
we need to have this law where if a liberal demands a recount in a purple state, then we need a recount in all blue states, one by one to make sure no illegals voted!

Link, Dudley Luddite?

Links are things that are provided to Luddy, not from him

Paper ballots are safer? Really?

"FOR THE past 40 years, the story of Box 13 in tiny Alice, Texas, has stood as one of the great mysteries and richest tales in American politics. It is the story of how Lyndon Johnson stole the 1948 election and then how he sealed his theft with a brilliant manipulation of the judicial system and the state Democratic political organization.

This ground has been plowed before, but never as thoroughly as by Robert A. Caro in the second volume in his massive biography of Johnson. Caro has found no dramatic, new smoking gun in his investigation of Johnson's 87-vote victory, but he has added some important facts to the historical record. More impressively, he has masterfully spliced together events that were playing out in courtrooms, hotel ballrooms and political backrooms to create a gripping narrative that has the intensity and drama of an international thriller.

Unfortunately that isn't enough for Caro. He concludes that Johnson didn't just steal the election but pulled off a heist of historic proportions, far greater than anyone has recognized until now. Here he's stretching things. Caro's distaste for Johnson, his infatuation with Johnson's opponent and his personal revulsion for the political bossism and corruption in south Texas color his interpretation of the facts and ultimately distort his rendering of history.

First the story. With his political life on the line, Johnson runs 70,000 votes behind Coke Stevenson, a popular former Texas governor, in the 1948 Democratic primary, but forces Stevenson into a runoff. On the morning after the runoff, the Texas election bureau shows Stevenson leading Johnson by 854 votes.

There follow several days of recounts, corrections and phony vote-shifting, but by mid-day on the Friday after the runoff, Stevenson still leads by more than 150 votes. Then miraculously comes the report that in Box 13 in Alice, in the heart of the machine of boss George Parr, an additional 200 Johnson votes have been discovered. He is the winner by 87 votes out of nearly 1 million cast.

Stevenson, understanding the ways of the Rio Grande Valley in south Texas, goes to investigate, taking with him Frank Hamer, a legendary Texas Ranger who led the posse that captured and killed Bonnie and Clyde. In Alice they discover signs of fraud: The last 202 names on the rolls in Box 13 were written in a different color ink; the new names were listed in alphabetical order; the handwriting was identical; some of the new voters claim they never voted"

THE MYSTERY OF BALLOT BOX 13

Do you guys have to turn EVERYTHING into partisan politics? This thread is not about who is manipulating the machines. It is about whether or not the machines can be rigged and what, if anything, we can do about it. If you don't have anything useful to say about the subject, please go rant somewhere else.

Do you guys have to turn EVERYTHING into partisan politics? This thread is not about who is manipulating the machines. It is about whether or not the machines can be rigged and what, if anything, we can do about it. If you don't have anything useful to say about the subject, please go rant somewhere else.
So you are saying it's just a coincidence that it is only Clinton supporters who are ranting and raving about voting machines.

Forum List

Back