Can we get a "Respectfully disagree" button?

I've gotten over 22 funnies just today from conservatives who funny everything I say. I wish a mod would do something about it.

"First they ignore you, then they rate your posts funny, then they summon you to the flame zone, then you win" -- Abraham Lincoln, probably

This would also make an excellent button:

1ulxVu0.gif

I've gotten over 22 funnies just today from conservatives who funny everything I say. I wish a mod would do something about it.
`
Check the persons profile. There is one here that has about 15,000 posts and 1,200 funnies. Go figure.
25% of my ratings have been funnies, and they're not all because of my wonderful sense of humor.

`
Check the persons profile. There is one here that has about 15,000 posts and 1,200 funnies. Go figure.
25% of my ratings have been funnies, and they're not all because of my wonderful sense of humor.
they provide a quick reference for the context I believe the right wing was indulging.

The kids on here are loose with this "funny" button thing they do. You may as well have a "respectably disagree" button. Maybe it will invite some class and civility to the board.

That would be good, but why not also, a disrespectfully disagree. Because that is called for A LOT.
How 'bout just "disagree." You don't have to start a fight over it.

Sometimes, the fight was started by the post you want to rate.

We have numerous out and out racial supremacists on this site, and we don't have the option of rating them negatively.

Does that make fucking sense?
No. I have never understood why we only have positive ratings on a political message board where of course a lot of members will disagree with any given post. I have heard of the bad old neg rep system, which seems really severe, but I don't know why a disagree button would gum up the works. Maybe the software isn't flexible enough to not assign the button a positive rating point. I dunno. It seems so elementary to have one, there must be a good reason.
If it eliminated a rating point from a poster, I would be down to 0 in no time, but ratings don't really matter, so I wouldn't care.
There was a disagree button when we first moved to the new software. It lasted about a week. The old “neg rep mob” jumped all over it. Many quit when they could no longer bully other posters

The kids on here are loose with this "funny" button thing they do. You may as well have a "respectably disagree" button. Maybe it will invite some class and civility to the board.

That would be good, but why not also, a disrespectfully disagree. Because that is called for A LOT.

We have numerous out and out racial supremacists on this site, and we don't have the option of rating them negatively.

No. I have never understood why we only have positive ratings on a political message board where of course a lot of members will disagree with any given post. I have heard of the bad old neg rep system, which seems really severe, but I don't know why a disagree button would gum up the works. Maybe the software isn't flexible enough to not assign the button a positive rating point. I dunno. It seems so elementary to have one, there must be a good reason.
If it eliminated a rating point from a poster, I would be down to 0 in no time, but ratings don't really matter, so I wouldn't care.
There was a disagree button when we first moved to the new software. It lasted about a week. The old “neg rep mob” jumped all over it. Many quit when they could no longer bully other posters

Yep, it was a red X. Now you can only agree or funny. Because everybody's a winner. :gay:

Strange world where you can agree all you want but can't disagree. I can't say I agree with that.

Yep, it was a red X. Now you can only agree or funny. Because everybody's a winner. :gay:

Strange world where you can agree all you want but can't disagree. I can't say I agree with that.
You can always post the reasons why you disagree

Forum List

Back