Can we get a "Respectfully disagree" button?

We actually need a big O indicator meaning, "You're a complete fucking asshole"

I feel I add so much to this Board
You need to take your blood pressure medicine. There is hardly anyone here deserving that button.

The kids on here are loose with this "funny" button thing they do. You may as well have a "respectably disagree" button. Maybe it will invite some class and civility to the board.

That would be good, but why not also, a disrespectfully disagree. Because that is called for A LOT.
How 'bout just "disagree." You don't have to start a fight over it.

Sometimes, the fight was started by the post you want to rate.

We have numerous out and out racial supremacists on this site, and we don't have the option of rating them negatively.

Does that make fucking sense?
No. I have never understood why we only have positive ratings on a political message board where of course a lot of members will disagree with any given post. I have heard of the bad old neg rep system, which seems really severe, but I don't know why a disagree button would gum up the works. Maybe the software isn't flexible enough to not assign the button a positive rating point. I dunno. It seems so elementary to have one, there must be a good reason.
If it eliminated a rating point from a poster, I would be down to 0 in no time, but ratings don't really matter, so I wouldn't care.
We had a red X, but the Starkeys and Bodeccas complained and got it removed
It was a lot more complicated than that, I hear. Misused, of course, by assh*les.

The kids on here are loose with this "funny" button thing they do. You may as well have a "respectably disagree" button. Maybe it will invite some class and civility to the board.

Would it not be better to just say why you respectfully disagree instead of just clicking a button?

See, it's exactly what I just did.

That would be good, but why not also, a disrespectfully disagree. Because that is called for A LOT.

We have numerous out and out racial supremacists on this site, and we don't have the option of rating them negatively.

No. I have never understood why we only have positive ratings on a political message board where of course a lot of members will disagree with any given post. I have heard of the bad old neg rep system, which seems really severe, but I don't know why a disagree button would gum up the works. Maybe the software isn't flexible enough to not assign the button a positive rating point. I dunno. It seems so elementary to have one, there must be a good reason.
If it eliminated a rating point from a poster, I would be down to 0 in no time, but ratings don't really matter, so I wouldn't care.
It was a lot more complicated than that, I hear. Misused, of course, by assh*les.
Ah, so you agree we need the Big O?!

Would it not be better to just say why you respectfully disagree instead of just clicking a button?

See, it's exactly what I just did.

Ah, so you agree we need the Big O?!
Just make one of your own. I would never use a Big 0. A disagree button, yes.

Just make one of your own. I would never use a Big 0. A disagree button, yes.
th

*****CHUCKLE*****

:)

Last edited:
-------------------------------------------- any button to show disagreement or disrespect for another posters thinking or message is fine by me . Funny BUTTON works fine and can be followed up with a typed message if a typed message is worth while . Lots of stuff though is just not worth responding to in type and the FUNNY Button works fine to show disdain and disrespect for a posters thinking in my opinion .
^^^ This.

Plus, far to many posters just start repeating themselves and post to be posting because they think having the last post means they win the argument. When the discussion has descended to the equivalent of, "Did too, Did not" then a simple funny emoticon is appropriate.

Forum List

Back