Can we get a "Respectfully disagree" button?

Toronado3800

Gold Member
Nov 15, 2009
The kids on here are loose with this "funny" button thing they do. You may as well have a "respectably disagree" button. Maybe it will invite some class and civility to the board.

The kids on here are loose with this "funny" button thing they do. You may as well have a "respectably disagree" button. Maybe it will invite some class and civility to the board.

Yeah and it would also distinguish what's "funny" in a humorous sense from what's "funny" in a sarcastic sense.

Ruh roh. That would be nuance. Can't have that. :nono:

PLUS it would render obsolete the official (yet rarely if ever enforced) board policy of passing out trolling tickets for serial funnying.

Yeah and it would also distinguish what's "funny" in a humorous sense from what's "funny" in a sarcastic sense.

PLUS it would render obsolete the official (yet rarely if ever enforced) board policy of passing out trolling tickets for serial funnying.
Don't you think the a*holes here will still use the funny button to mock people? They'd far rather do that than come up with an intelligent argument.

Don't you think the a*holes here will still use the funny button to mock people? They'd far rather do that than come up with an intelligent argument.

If there were a 'disagree' button (there used to be actually) --- those who couldn't figure out what "disagree" means would go on doing that. And that would tell us even more.

Proud2BRacist follows me around constantly putting funnies on my posts. He doesn't seem to get pulled over but nor did I report him. It could, I figure, take that task off the moderators if that sort of thing were reported as it could be.

The respectfully disagree button just needs an emoji-fied version of this:

fUEEMjE.jpg

I use
clear.png
FUNNY
clear.png
for laughing at you.

I use
funny-agree.png
for laughing with you.

Not perfect, but works for me.

That won't matter because when you have a forum with a slew of third graders constantly calling other members every name in the book, trolling threads with 'no content' post, and threads constantly getting moved for no good reason, a (CORRECTED for you) 'Respectfully Disagree' button will not improve a thing around here, period.

That won't matter because when you have a forum with a slew of third graders constantly calling other members every name in the book, trolling threads with 'no content' post, and threads constantly getting moved for no good reason, a (CORRECTED for you) 'Respectfully Disagree' button will not improve a thing around here, period.
Third graders? So THAT's the problem....

I use
clear.png
FUNNY
clear.png
for laughing at you.

I use
funny-agree.png
for laughing with you.

Not perfect, but works for me.

That's the usual practice, but what do you have left for something that's humorously funny with which you can neither agree nor disagree, like a legitimate joke? Aye there's the rub.

You're such an optimist!

lol... If people were making all these 'intelligent arguments' they think they're making, then people wouldn't use the Funny emoji to laugh at them. You parrots need to get over yourselves, is all.

That would be good, but why not also, a disrespectfully disagree. Because that is called for A LOT.

Forum List

Back