Can the Obama administration handle the situations in Palestine?

Can the Obama administration handle the situation in Palestine

• Yes

Votes: 9 24.3%
  • No

Votes: 22 59.5%
  • If they're lucky

Votes: 6 16.2%

• Total voters
If the world cared about true humanity they could stop a lot of the tragedies of death throughout the world. The fact is the people of the world do not care enough about one another to put a stop to mass murder.

Once we look at it in that perspective we know it will be up to organized hate groups to start caring more about their own lives and their childrens lives to stop the madness.

http://www.usmessageboard.com/969924-post2.html

http://www.usmessageboard.com/970245-post40.html

Journalist Melissa Goh wrote for Asia Pacific News 5 January 2009:
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Malaysia is urging the United Nations to convene an emergency session on Gaza. The Prime Minister said that the UN has a moral duty to end the violence.

His government is raising the issue through the Organisation of the Islamic Conference (OIC).

It's also releasing US$1 million in humanitarian aid for victims in Gaza.

Prime Minister Abdullah Badawi said Kuala Lumpur has instructed its permanent representative to the United Nations to get the ball rolling together with six other members of the OIC contact group.

Under the UN charters, the general assembly has the highest authority. Only, it can set aside the US Security Council resolution.

Mr Abdullah said: "This is the time for the voice of the world community to be heard and a decision by member countries be made through their representatives in the UN."

The US had earlier vetoed a Security Council plan to send a UN observer force into the crisis hit area.

Former Malaysian prime minister Mahathir Mohamad has held Washington responsible for the continued atrocities in the Palestinian territories

He's called on all nations to stop trading in greenback and stop buying US bonds and boycott all US products.

He said: "This has got to be a worldwide move. Governments will not act because they are scared stiff of US. You won't die if you don't drink Coca Cola."

As predominantly Muslim Malaysians joined their counterparts worldwide in condemning the latest military strikes on the Gaza strip, some are calling for a set up of OIC peace keeping force to protect the Ummahs in times of trouble since the UN and US have clearly failed to resolve their plight.

Malaysia is urging the United Nations to convene an emergency session on Gaza. The Prime Minister said that the UN has a moral duty to end the violence.

His government is raising the issue through the Organisation of the Islamic Conference (OIC).

Prime Minister Abdullah Badawi said Kuala Lumpur has instructed its permanent representative to the United Nations to get the ball rolling together with six other members of the OIC contact group.

Under the UN charters, the general assembly has the highest authority. Only, it can set aside the US Security Council resolution.

Mr Abdullah said: "This is the time for the voice of the world community to be heard and a decision by member countries be made through their representatives in the UN."

The US had earlier vetoed a Security Council plan to send a UN observer force into the crisis hit area.

Former Malaysian prime minister Mahathir Mohamad has held Washington responsible for the continued atrocities in the Palestinian territories

He's called on all nations to stop trading in greenback and stop buying US bonds and boycott all US products.

He said: "This has got to be a worldwide move. Governments will not act because they are scared stiff of US. You won't die if you don't drink Coca Cola."

As predominantly Muslim Malaysians joined their counterparts worldwide in condemning the latest military strikes on the Gaza strip, some are calling for a set up of OIC peace keeping force to protect the Ummahs in times of trouble since the UN and US have clearly failed to resolve their plight.
How many soldiers are they willing to support and send into a peace keeping mission?

I actually think the world community could stop it if they wanted to. A strict blockade on everything going into the area (to include Israel) enforced by a multinational force would seriously hamper the area's ability to survive. Lifting the blockade would require all parties to agree to boundries and behavior.
Problem is--no one wants to--all the do is blow the hell out of each other and the world doesn't care.

A blockade might stop them but as soon as the fighting stops and the blockade is lifted, they'll start all over again. Physically stopping them from killing each other is just addressing the symptoms. The cause (whatever that may be) has to be addressed.

A blockade might stop them but as soon as the fighting stops and the blockade is lifted, they'll start all over again. Physically stopping them from killing each other is just addressing the symptoms. The cause (whatever that may be) has to be addressed.

Don't lift the blockade.

Originally Posted by YWN666

Don't lift the blockade.

Then what is the point of the blockade if they've stopped fighting and it remains in place??

PE Obama is Jewish now? And a slave?

Doesnt really answer my question though.

He spoke out on Mumbai

He spoke out on the Russia Georgia conflict.

If his inaction on Israel doesn't answer your question I'm not sure you're looking for an answer.

His being the first Jewish president is a metaphor, much like Clinton being "the first Black president." Did you have to ask if that meant Clinton was Black and a slave"

Excellent thoughts indeed and I hope much of the world listens.

Our blind obedience to Isreal has turned anti-americanism into a religion.

Why should we handle the situation? Seems to me that we have a few problems here at home. We are not responsible for every fools actions in this world.

I'm not justifying anything in my comment, but, the Israeli / Palestinian conflict does not effect American's in the way say the flow of oil might or peace in parts of the former USSR or where terrorist training takes place or is funded from.

So Old Rocks, valid question. One cannot offer a answer except a political one. Which clearly means personal financial gain for some.

Gee... Let's see... Will an administration run by a Marxist Muslim have any luck 'fixing the situation where terrorist Palestinians ceasely attack their peaceful neighbors?'

Seems unlikely... Given that Hesitant-Elect Hussein will do what leftist always do, which is to blame Israel, demand they let the terrorists up; where upon the terrorist will declare victory, take the entire exorcise as a sign that terrorism works (which it does where leftists control power and the victims are not THEM) and use that lesson as the basis for their next string of mass murders; the result of which will be more death and more destruction formented by the irrational hatred of an irrational ideology.

I don't think they can. I don't think that Obama has any ideas on how to deal with it diplomatically, he's just following Bush. And Bush (being Bush) is not coming up with very good strategies in the first place. There's always the option of going to war but look how that turned out in Iraq. They need to come up with an effective diplomatic solution and I don't think the Obama administration can do it.

Hello, Blitz. Welcome.

I don't have a map on me, but can you please point out to me the country of Palestine? I've never heard of it before.

He spoke out on Mumbai

He spoke out on the Russia Georgia conflict.

If his inaction on Israel doesn't answer your question I'm not sure you're looking for an answer.

His being the first Jewish president is a metaphor, much like Clinton being "the first Black president." Did you have to ask if that meant Clinton was Black and a slave"

A black jewish president?

Yeah, no. :cuckoo:

I expect Obama to make no real impact on this issue.

He will, I suspect, follow the same line American has always taken in this conflict.

Forum List

Back