Can the Hopeless 49ers Really Make the Playoffs?

GHook93

Aristotle
Apr 22, 2007
Chicago
STL: 6-7
Seattle: 6-7
SF: 5-8 = 1 game out.

Schedules:
Seattle: Atlanta (Best NFC team = Foresure Loss), TB (fighting for the Wildcard and very good team = foresure loss) and STL (going agains the other division leader)
= More than likely heading into week 17 - 6-9
STL has KC (Division Leader = Foresure Loss), SF (the Future is in SF's hands and I think SF is going to win) and Seattle (the two teams ahead of Da Niners are going head to head)
= More than likely heading into week 17 - 6-9

SF: SD (tough team, but beatable, probable loss), STL (I think Iron Mike will fire them up to victory AND THIS VICTORY WILL GIVE THEM THE TIE BREAKER OVER STL) and then AZ (one of the worst teams in the league, foresure victory.
= More than likely at the end of Week 17 they will be 7-9 and tied with either STL or Seattle

If STL beats wins, then SF takes the division!
If Seattle wins (granted SF beats both STL and AZ) then SF wins the tie breaker with the better divisional record!

I'm a Niner fan, and I find this pretty sad. There's no way they should have any chance to win the division, but the NFC West sucks badly.

I agree with Seattle losing to Atlanta and TB (I think Seattle is pretty broken right now) and probably losing to St Louis.

I think it's likely St Louis loses to KC, although I don't think it's a gimme for KC, they are playing beyond their talent atm. I would like to see the Niners beat them, but of the 4 teams in the division, I think the Rams are the closest to decent, so I'm definitely worried.

I think the Niners will probably lose to SD. The Chargers are inconsistent, but filled with talent and have shown the ability to play very well at times this season. They, too, are fighting to keep playoff hopes alive. The Niners can hardly decide which Smith to play at QB and Gore is done for the year. I certainly can see the Niners beating the Cards, who have been horrible most of the season (although they sure put it to the lowly Broncos this week!), so that week 16 game could be the decider.

Whoever wins this division, I hope they are 8-8. It's just not cool that a team with a losing record gets in as a division winner. I hope it's the Niners, but I'm not holding my breath.

I'm a Niner fan, and I find this pretty sad. There's no way they should have any chance to win the division, but the NFC West sucks badly.

I agree with Seattle losing to Atlanta and TB (I think Seattle is pretty broken right now) and probably losing to St Louis.

I think it's likely St Louis loses to KC, although I don't think it's a gimme for KC, they are playing beyond their talent atm. I would like to see the Niners beat them, but of the 4 teams in the division, I think the Rams are the closest to decent, so I'm definitely worried.

I think the Niners will probably lose to SD. The Chargers are inconsistent, but filled with talent and have shown the ability to play very well at times this season. They, too, are fighting to keep playoff hopes alive. The Niners can hardly decide which Smith to play at QB and Gore is done for the year. I certainly can see the Niners beating the Cards, who have been horrible most of the season (although they sure put it to the lowly Broncos this week!), so that week 16 game could be the decider.

Whoever wins this division, I hope they are 8-8. It's just not cool that a team with a losing record gets in as a division winner. I hope it's the Niners, but I'm not holding my breath.

Tampa Bay isn't all that much. Can't even remember the name of their QB. (Josh Freeman??) Scary. Have had a lot of injuries recently.

Seattle beating TB Bucs would be no more difficult than when they beat the Bears in Chicago. They are getting their 2 starting WRs back. THEY ARE A TOTALLY DIFFERENT TEAM WITH A HEALTHY MIKE WILLIAMS!!!!!!!!!!!!

Whatever - NFC winner will come down to the last game between Seattle and St Louis AT QWEST STADIUM.

Niners are virtual toast - and Arizona even more toast - even though with some unbelievable sequence of events - they could still win the division.

Seahawks still control their destiny. Win 2 very WINNABLE games out of 3. Even beating Atlanta would not be the upset-of-all-time.

If they pull a not-so-huge "upset" in Tampa - then beat the Rams in Seattle - NOT A FREAKING THING THE NINERS CAN DO ABOUT IT!!!!!!!!!!!!

Then HOST a playoff game at Qwest Stadium as a division winner.

Last edited:
Seattle is probably about as likely to beat the Bucs as the Niners are to beat the Chargers. And you may not have heard of Freeman, but he has played great this year, and the Bucs are still fighting for a playoff chance without playing in the NFC West :) As far as beating the Falcons, maybe it wouldn't be the hugest upset of all time, but it would possibly be the biggest of THIS season. So, while any game is technically winnable, I would expect the Bucs and Falcons to beat any of the teams in the NFC West. FAce it, the division is that bad.

But hey! If Seattle can pull off 2 or 3 wins in their remaining games, good on them. That would show more life than these teams have for most of the year.

Seattle is probably about as likely to beat the Bucs as the Niners are to beat the Chargers. And you may not have heard of Freeman, but he has played great this year, and the Bucs are still fighting for a playoff chance without playing in the NFC West :) As far as beating the Falcons, maybe it wouldn't be the hugest upset of all time, but it would possibly be the biggest of THIS season. So, while any game is technically winnable, I would expect the Bucs and Falcons to beat any of the teams in the NFC West. FAce it, the division is that bad.

But hey! If Seattle can pull off 2 or 3 wins in their remaining games, good on them. That would show more life than these teams have for most of the year.

Hawks beat the Bolts early in the season.

Bolts just destroyed the Niners 34-7.

Its a 3 game season baby!!!!!! And Hawks control their own destiny!!!

Seahawks fans should root for the Rams to beat the Niners.

Then - even IF Seattle loses at Tampa Bay - all they have to do to win the NFC West is to beat the Rams at home.

Hey - did anyone notice that the Lions snapped their 26 game road losing streak at Tampa Bay??????????????/

Forum List

Back