Can Romney Survive The 2012 Republican National Convention?

Palin may make Romney's convention survival difficult.
I wonder if Bishop Romney will disrespect Poor Sarah by not giving her a prime time spot?

And I wonder how loud the wingnuts will howl when he doesn't?

More hypocrisy on the way to a TV near you!

I was just listening to Howard Fineman on The Ed Show, and according to his anonymous GOP sources, Romney can't survive the convention without releasing his tax returns. Interesting...

I was just listening to Howard Fineman on The Ed Show, and according to his anonymous GOP sources, Romney can't survive the convention without releasing his tax returns. Interesting...

I heard Romney can't survive the election, if he does release his tax returns. Also, interesting!

I heard Romney can't survive the election, if he does release his tax returns. Also, interesting!

I agree. Howard Fineman also said that Republican leaders didn't like Romney in 2008 and they don't like him in 2012. Interesting...

Poor Sarah is likely to not even get invited to the Republican convention. Interesting . . .

Or will he be so Bain-damaged that they nominate another candidate?

bg-logo.png

short of someone finding dead hookers in the basement of one of his mansions, I don't think the Republicans will go with anyone else at this point.

They're Just Not That Into You

WASHINGTON -- Months after he mathematically locked up the Republican presidential nomination, Mitt Romney remains a political hairball that GOP insiders -- conservative and otherwise -- wish they could cough up before the convention in Tampa, Fla., next month.

The likelihood of their doing so is slim to none, party sources said. But that doesn't mean that they are happy to have Mitt atop the ticket.

That is the real, unspoken political meaning behind the remarkable, rising chorus of voices calling on the presumptive party nominee to release more of his federal tax returns to the public.

"The fact is, no one likes the guy or believes in him," said the campaign manager for a former Romney rival, who declined to be quoted by name because his former boss is on record supporting Romney's campaign against incumbent President Barack Obama.

More: Mitt Romney Taxes Controversy Shows He's Still A Tough Sell

Former District Court Judge Catherine Crier just stated on MSNBC that without releasing his tax returns, Romney may be forced to drop out.

Forum List

Back