Can Penn St do "a USC" ????

ginscpy

Sep 10, 2010
When sanctions went down on USC - I thought they would be a 3-8 team for the next 5 years.

Instead - they are pre-season top 5 in 2012.

Inexplicable success...........................

Imagine how good USC would be without the santions??

scary....

Why is USC so freaking good?????????????????

They should be the pits during their probation 6-6 at best

USC can recruit itself. Awesome weather, good school, talent rich football state. Penn St has none of that going for it. Well it's a good school I suppose but it's entire reputation has been tainted where as USC got in trouble for something that's on level with what all good football schools are doing, so no one really cares.

USC has good weather but its not that attractive a campus - in a bad 'hood.

I am surprised how well they have weathered the sanctioins.

USC can recruit itself. Awesome weather, good school, talent rich football state. Penn St has none of that going for it. Well it's a good school I suppose but it's entire reputation has been tainted where as USC got in trouble for something that's on level with what all good football schools are doing, so no one really cares.

Pennsylvania doesn't seem to have any trouble producing home-grown football talent. Not even Western Pennsylvania. I vaguely recall that maybe one or 2 halfway decent quarterbacks came from 'round there.

Unlike USC, Penn State does (or did) have a huge "home-town pride" advantage to local recruiting since they're the only Power-5 team in the state and realistically there are precious few in the area and those that are there are the sworn enemies of Pennsylvanians everywhere.

California certainly is a talent-rich state for recruiting, but moms and dads like to send Junior *away* from the drugs and the gangs, not right into the middle of it. That's why so many great Huskers come from California and then when they've used up their eligibility move back to California to soon be incarcerated.

The reason USC has a great football team is because LA doesn't have a pro team and the locals have to go watch football somewhere. They have a captive audience.

And I like going to see games in the Colliseum. It's a historic stadium in a league that values history. But the place is a dump in a crappy part of North Tijuana and the fans suck and they can hardly pull it together enough to cheer for their team. Too much ganja and good vibrations, I guess.

Once LA gets a pro team, USC will go right back to being the pathetic mess it was before the Rams left town.

Forum List

Back