Can Jesus be God if he is not all knowing?

God would have been able to get off that cross and kick everyone's ass!

For the Trinity concept to work, Jesus as well as the Father and Holy Ghost would all have to be all knowing and equal in all ways.

A number of times Jesus says he does not know what the Father knows. That and if Jesus was God, who did he pray to as a God does not pray to himself.

For those two reasons and more, especially his poor moral tenets, Jesus cannot be God. I see his worst moral tenets as being his no divorce policy and substitutionary punishment policy. This link speaks to other moral deficiencies.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BUfGRN4HVrQ&t=2s

Thoughts?

Regards
DL

In Christianity Jesus is God. What religion are you?
And why don’t you ever discuss it? Your religion must be one of the most boring on Earth.
In Christianity Jesus is God. What religion are you?

that is fine if you are talking about your 4th century bible and your religion of the roman empire - just do not equate that with the character Jesus of the 1st century or the events involved with the 1st century as that way there will not be a conflict of interests.

that is because the Religion of Antiquity prescribed by the Almighty does not include a messiah.

there is no son of god/etc
How do you know?
we've been over this a million times
you can't prove there is a god
if you claim something, it's up to you to prove--not for someone to disprove it

What sophomoric nonsense! You made the claim that there is no son of God/etc. So prove it? Your contention that since no one can prove your statement wrong, therefore it must be correct, is not logical,

Under your misguided logic, since you cannot prove that you exist, then you must not exist.

For the Trinity concept to work, Jesus as well as the Father and Holy Ghost would all have to be all knowing and equal in all ways.

A number of times Jesus says he does not know what the Father knows. That and if Jesus was God, who did he pray to as a God does not pray to himself.

For those two reasons and more, especially his poor moral tenets, Jesus cannot be God. I see his worst moral tenets as being his no divorce policy and substitutionary punishment policy. This link speaks to other moral deficiencies.

Thoughts?

Regards
DL

There are things about G-d that I will never know, and never understand, at least not in this life.

I'm ok with that. The idea that we should understand all aspects of G-d isn't logical anyway. If we could understand everything there is about G-d, he wouldn't be G-d.

That should not matter to a Jew as your spiritual guidance is through the Karaite Jews and oral tradition and not the written word.

You guys are not supposed to be literalists and I think that that fact is what has helped reduce the corruption of Judaism that has happened in the Christian and Muslim versions that they came up with after usurping Yahweh from Jewry.

I hope you can see how intelligent the ancients were as compared to the mental trash that modern preachers and theists are using with the literal reading of myths.

What is God?

Further.
Bill Moyers Journal . Watch & Listen | PBS

Rabbi Hillel, the older contemporary of Jesus, said that when asked to sum up the whole of Jewish teaching, while he stood on one leg, said, "The Golden Rule. That which is hateful to you, do not do to your neighbor. That is the Torah. And everything else is only commentary. Now, go and study it."

Please listen as to what is said about the literal reading of myths.

"Origen, the great second or third century Greek commentator on the Bible said that it is absolutely impossible to take these texts literally. You simply cannot do so. And he said, "God has put these sort of conundrums and paradoxes in so that we are forced to seek a deeper meaning."

Matt 7;12 So in everything, do to others what you would have them do to you, for this sums up the Law and the Prophets.

This is how early Gnostic Christians view the transition from reading myths properly to destructive literal reading and idol worship.

Regards
DL

That's very interesting, but irrelevant to me. I am a G-d fearing, Bible believing Christian, and follower of Jesus Christ, the Lord of this universe.

I answered what I thought was an honest question about Christian faith.

I did not post anything that looked like, or sounded like, I wanted your critique of my faith. If I gave you the impression I wanted to be lectured at, about what Jews believe, or something else... then I do apologize.

I am 100% comfortable with my faith. I do not need, nor care, about your views of my faith.

By the way... something to consider. If you, or other people's views are correct, then it won't matter will it? Not at all. We'll both end up in the grave, and it won't make any difference, will it?

But what if I'm right? What if we both stand before the judgement seat of Christ the Lord.
I'll be ready. I've been preparing for that, my whole life.

Will you?

Yeah, but what if you are right that there is a God but wrong about what you professed to believe about him?

Then those who you thought were wrong were always right to not believe and you were always wrong to believe.

What if your entire life was spent perjuring yourself in the name of God and desecrating the teachings of Jesus?

No matter how much preparation I doubt you'll be ready for Gods judgment of that.

Since I know that I am not wrong.... I am ready.
That simple man. There are many things in life that I have doubts on. But on this, having walked every day, knowing and seeing G-d work in my life... no doubt whatsoever.

Thoughts?

Regards
DL

There are things about G-d that I will never know, and never understand, at least not in this life.

I'm ok with that. The idea that we should understand all aspects of G-d isn't logical anyway. If we could understand everything there is about G-d, he wouldn't be G-d.

That should not matter to a Jew as your spiritual guidance is through the Karaite Jews and oral tradition and not the written word.

You guys are not supposed to be literalists and I think that that fact is what has helped reduce the corruption of Judaism that has happened in the Christian and Muslim versions that they came up with after usurping Yahweh from Jewry.

I hope you can see how intelligent the ancients were as compared to the mental trash that modern preachers and theists are using with the literal reading of myths.

What is God?

Further.

Rabbi Hillel, the older contemporary of Jesus, said that when asked to sum up the whole of Jewish teaching, while he stood on one leg, said, "The Golden Rule. That which is hateful to you, do not do to your neighbor. That is the Torah. And everything else is only commentary. Now, go and study it."

"Origen, the great second or third century Greek commentator on the Bible said that it is absolutely impossible to take these texts literally. You simply cannot do so. And he said, "God has put these sort of conundrums and paradoxes in so that we are forced to seek a deeper meaning."

Matt 7;12 So in everything, do to others what you would have them do to you, for this sums up the Law and the Prophets.

This is how early Gnostic Christians view the transition from reading myths properly to destructive literal reading and idol worship.

Regards
DL

That's very interesting, but irrelevant to me. I am a G-d fearing, Bible believing Christian, and follower of Jesus Christ, the Lord of this universe.

I did not post anything that looked like, or sounded like, I wanted your critique of my faith. If I gave you the impression I wanted to be lectured at, about what Jews believe, or something else... then I do apologize.

I am 100% comfortable with my faith. I do not need, nor care, about your views of my faith.

By the way... something to consider. If you, or other people's views are correct, then it won't matter will it? Not at all. We'll both end up in the grave, and it won't make any difference, will it?

But what if I'm right? What if we both stand before the judgement seat of Christ the Lord.

Will you?

Yeah, but what if you are right that there is a God but wrong about what you professed to believe about him?

Then those who you thought were wrong were always right to not believe and you were always wrong to believe.

What if your entire life was spent perjuring yourself in the name of God and desecrating the teachings of Jesus?

No matter how much preparation I doubt you'll be ready for Gods judgment of that.

That simple man. There are many things in life that I have doubts on. But on this, having walked every day, knowing and seeing G-d work in my life... no doubt whatsoever.

Good for you.

I'm going to take a cue from Jesus and go all in with the unbelievers, sinners, and all sorts of bad characters, who don't go for the religious flotsam that has addled your mind....

What is God?

Further.

Regards
DL

Will you?

Good for you.

I'm going to take a cue from Jesus and go all in with the unbelievers, sinners, and all sorts of bad characters, who don't go for the religious flotsam that has addled your mind....

You do that. I do the same.

What is God?

Further.

Regards
DL

Will you?

Good for you.

The only clue you're taking from Jesus is that he also didn't like to fuck women.

What is God?

Further.

Regards
DL

Will you?

Good for you.

The only clue you're taking from Jesus is that he also didn't like to fuck women.

Thats not what HaShev said. He said that Jesus was getting head from the woman at the well, and he should know, his name is Michael.

Will you?

Good for you.

Thats not what HaShev said. He said that Jesus was getting head from the woman at the well, and he should know, his name is Michael.
Who the fuck is hashev?

How do you know?

What sophomoric nonsense! You made the claim that there is no son of God/etc. So prove it? Your contention that since no one can prove your statement wrong, therefore it must be correct, is not logical,

Under your misguided logic, since you cannot prove that you exist, then you must not exist.
very ridiculous
....just like in the court system--if you claim someone murders someone, the CLAIMER has to prove it
I can claim all kind of crap:
there is a god
the Eiffel Tower grew 5 feet
ducks fly on the moon

you people claim there is a god
you people made/make the claim--so prove it
but I know --and YOU know--you can't

Who the fuck is hashev?

lol,,He is the Zohan, some guy who lost his mind in yeshiva and prances around here every now and then trying to convince everybody that Jesus was a fake messiah because 666, the pope, easter bunny's and Mithra but he is the real messiah because his name is Michael and he really really really wants to be the supreme butcher in a brand new temple slaughterhouse....because all the world really needs to bring about peace on earth, like really soon, is a high priest in blood stained robes hosting a bring your own plate backyard barbecue in the middle of Jerusalem.

I am without faith.

Woe is me!

Last edited:
Jesus can't be all knowing because he got half his gene from a dumb hoe.

How do you know?

You can't prove there isn't a God.
That's why I'm agnostic and see no proof either for or against the existence of a god. But leave the door open if anyone comes up with real proof either way. Can't be any fairer than that. The thinking person's position.

How do you know?

That's why I'm agnostic and see no proof either for or against the existence of a god. But leave the door open if anyone comes up with real proof either way. Can't be any fairer than that. The thinking person's position.
Welp, God made himself known to me via premonitions. I did not understand them until the time came. Then it was crystal clear.

No one will convince me God is not real. He sent me dreams to save my grandma's life. I was literally told what to do in the dream. When it happened, I knew what to do.

Last edited:
How do you know?

Welp, God made himself known to me via premonitions. I did not understand them until the time came. Then it was crystal clear.

No one will convince me God is not real. He sent me dreams to save my grandma's life. I was literally told what to do in the dream. When it happened, I knew what to do.
Why would god have to warn you that he is about to do something really bad to your g-ma? That makes no sense. Why not just not do anything to her in the first place?

How do you know?

Why would god have to warn you that he is about to do something really bad to your g-ma? That makes no sense. Why not just not do anything to her in the first place?
Whatever, jackass. :eusa_hand:

Did it ever occur to you that God designed the world to be autonomous? Do you even fucking understand the words coming out of my mouth?

Jackass.

Whatever, jackass. :eusa_hand:

Did it ever occur to you that God designed the world to be autonomous? Do you even fucking understand the words coming out of my mouth?

Jackass.
But why did god put stuff in this universe that would hurt your g-ma? What's god's motivation for putting deformed babies in this (autonomous) universe?

But why did god put stuff in this universe that would hurt your g-ma? What's god's motivation for putting deformed babies in this (autonomous) universe?

Why are you an obtuse tard? The world may never know, yet it doesn't make it not so.

You didn't even ponder the autonomous thing, did ya? Yeah, your head's too far up your ass for that.

Forum List

Back