Can Jesus be God if he is not all knowing?

just as much was written about Robin Hood
Robin Hood did not change the world.

Neither did Jesus------CULTISTS did. The big "changer" of the VAST
ROMAN EMPIRE-----was Constantine. ------a few centuries later, another big time CHANGER destroyed much of Constantine's "holy roman empire"------and formed the basis of the caliphate called
"OTTOMAN EMPIRE" A very big time change in the far east developed around a single cult based on a single miniscule character
of a hindu royal family----named SIDDHARTHA. In my view----Siddhartha is analogous to Jesus. Neither did much of anything on
their own. IMHO ---neither imagined the OUTCOME
Let me ask you this question, do you have a personal relationship with God?

of course-----I am a jew------ie descendant of Jacob the son of Isaac
and Rebecca. -------have you not read the book?
I do too. And it's because of Jesus.

"because of jesus"??? It was not Jesus who was the cult leader---
try reading the book again

Robin Hood did not change the world.

ROMAN EMPIRE-----was Constantine. ------a few centuries later, another big time CHANGER destroyed much of Constantine's "holy roman empire"------and formed the basis of the caliphate called
"OTTOMAN EMPIRE" A very big time change in the far east developed around a single cult based on a single miniscule character
of a hindu royal family----named SIDDHARTHA. In my view----Siddhartha is analogous to Jesus. Neither did much of anything on

Not according to my faith.

Religious people loose their objectivity. In 1943, When the Jews in the Ghettoes of Warsaw put god on trial for their suffering, they found god wasn't there. But then they went back to temple next day. Funny how strong belief is.
Mysticism is powerful, as is the human ego to want to be able to explain things when its not warranted.

".....not warranted. " ???
Yeah, I dont believe that the existence of the Universe is yet explicable, and to my knowledge, any human proclaiming to know the explaination is fulla fuckin shit.

so? its fun to TRY
I agree!

It is fun to try. Admitting that its JUST a try takes humility, though. Religion is this odd mix of folks...in my OPINION...

who either lack humility, are gullible......or, to me, the least likely are correct.

I think its actually quite liberating to be at peace with not knowing.
Personally I can't see how it could be any other way. Not when you analyze the evidence that we have. You are a fool if you don't believe there is a force which binds us but is not a part of us. You'd have to be blind to not see the connection which exists.

Mysticism is powerful, as is the human ego to want to be able to explain things when its not warranted.

".....not warranted. " ???
Yeah, I dont believe that the existence of the Universe is yet explicable, and to my knowledge, any human proclaiming to know the explaination is fulla fuckin shit.

so? its fun to TRY
I agree!

It is fun to try. Admitting that its JUST a try takes humility, though. Religion is this odd mix of folks...in my OPINION...

who either lack humility, are gullible......or, to me, the least likely are correct.

I think its actually quite liberating to be at peace with not knowing.
Personally I can't see how it could be any other way. Not when you analyze the evidence that we have. You are a fool if you don't believe there is a force which binds us but is not a part of us. You'd have to be an idiot to not see the connection which exists.
That's cool, ding.

All religions are cults. We can be nice about this. Islam? Encourages suicide and antiwesternism? That's Ok to throw homosexuals off buildings? Tax westerners and Christians? . Crash airplanes into buildings? Which cult would you rather have? One that has creches on municipal buildings or one that crashes planes into them? I love the festive feeling of imaginary Christianity instead of that sharia law haters that burn people alive or tax them for not being Muslims. But that's just me.

:beer:

Thats cool.

I once chatted with someone who said that he had a spiritual experience and felt connected to God every time he went to mass and celebrated the eucharist even after I showed him how it was a brazen and defiant act of idolatry, a violation of divine law under penalty of death. .

He was caught in the gravitational pull of a black hole. The more he proceeded towards God in his unrestrained and deluded imagination by doing the very thing that God promised results in death, the further from God he receded in actuality.The further from God he receded in actuality, the more he felt the pain of separation from God. The more he felt the pain of separation from God, the more he felt the need to go to church and celebrate mass getting absolutely nowhere, day after day, week after week, year after year..every now and then his faith was bolstered by seeing Mother Mary in an oil slick or the face of a funny looking Jesus on a grilled cheese sandwich. To him that passed for God working in his life. (Numbskull.)

So I agreed that it was a spiritual experience, just not a very good one.

Some bastard convinced him that the way to eternal life was defying the law of God and worshiping the lifeless work of human hands. So he died in the very day that he did it and was so dead that he didn't even have an inkling that he was dead or a clue about how to stop dying. Then like a zombie under the power of the death consequent to violating divine law he was broken by trained personnel, fitted with collar and chain, and given a pat on the back..

So if God is really woking in your life you will see that and how well you have been prepared will be tested.
What is "divine law" and where does it come from?

The people sent out voyager into outer space with a gold record containing strange images and a cacophony of sounds and recordings of the earth, saying, "we are confused and just wanted to say hello", and clear directions how to get here. Like walking down a dark alley announcing,"Here I am and this is all my money."

Anyway you can think of divine law as a more sophisticated communication, help from another world, that arrived here 6000 years before anyone ever thought of sending a spacecraft into outer space.
So basically what's written in the Torah/bible.
You have 30 seconds to figure that one out for yourself.

Anyway, you can thank God that whatever otherworldly intelligences are responsible for establishing light in this screwed up world, they weren't hungry omnivorous atheists with an appetite for unclean creatures that do not ruminate.
What does ruminating animals have to do with anything? If god didn't want us to eat them, god wouldn't have put them here and make them taste so fine. (Even though I'm a vegetarian, :biggrin:)

And are your "other worldly intelligence", is that aliens?
Divinely, for thousands of years the Bible has remained unaltered. Truth doesn't require updating.

the spoken Religion of Antiquity - The Triumph of Good vs Evil - is only 6 words long and spoken by all beings on planet Earth - your 10000 page book is strewn with lies and deception on nearly every page - you wrote it you fix it, begin by there is no such thing as a messiah, sinner.

So why isn't there any evidence of a world wide flood?

because there were only a few who survived and the concern was not for the evil that perished ... physical evidence for so short an event would not be saved. the lesson is self evident whether adhered to or not.
Of course there would be geologic evidence of a 40 day worldwide flood. Especially all the dead animals, plants and humans.
The FLOOD of Noah's day lasted a year... And there is plenty of evidence, it is just that evolutionists and uniformitarians wish to apply the evidence to their theories.

All religions are cults. We can be nice about this. Islam? Encourages suicide and antiwesternism? That's Ok to throw homosexuals off buildings? Tax westerners and Christians? . Crash airplanes into buildings? Which cult would you rather have? One that has creches on municipal buildings or one that crashes planes into them? I love the festive feeling of imaginary Christianity instead of that sharia law haters that burn people alive or tax them for not being Muslims. But that's just me.
I agree that Islam is a threat, especially since they seem to actually believe their bullshit.

I like creches too. In the town in which I lived----within walking
distance of my house-----a private person with a front yard put up
a LIFE SIZED crèche-----complete with the "family" ----the baby
on a straw lined cradle----ANGELS and a FEW SHEPHERDS and
lambs. Mom and me and my younger brothers used to visit it----
lovely. HOWEVER-----the play---put on by the local catholic school
for the benefit of us public school kids---------always included a wicked
innkeeper dressed up to look like a Chassidic jew who CRUELLY
threw poor preggers mary into the BARN. I wonder which islamo Nazi
slut nun worked on that part.

This is one of the most profound things found in the Bible.
1 Corinthians 13 Complete Jewish Bible
1 I may speak in the tongues of men, even angels;
but if I lack love, I have become merely
blaring brass or a cymbal clanging.

2 I may have the gift of prophecy,
I may fathom all mysteries, know all things,
have all faith — enough to move mountains;
but if I lack love, I am nothing.

3 I may give away everything that I own,
I may even hand over my body to be burned;
but if I lack love, I gain nothing.
4 Love is patient and kind, not jealous, not boastful,
5 not proud, rude or selfish, not easily angered,
and it keeps no record of wrongs.
6 Love does not gloat over other people’s sins
but takes its delight in the truth.
7 Love always bears up, always trusts,
always hopes, always endures.

8 Love never ends; but prophecies will pass,
tongues will cease, knowledge will pass.
9 For our knowledge is partial, and our prophecy partial;
10 but when the perfect comes, the partial will pass.

11 When I was a child, I spoke like a child,
thought like a child, argued like a child;
now that I have become a man,
I have finished with childish ways.

12 For now we see obscurely in a mirror,
but then it will be face to face.
Now I know partly; then I will know fully,
just as God has fully known me.

13 But for now, three things last —
trust, hope, love;
and the greatest of these is love.

"there is a force....."
That's one way to say it.

as a kid of about ten------I read a "golden book"----about
Newton and the apple that fell on his head------due to a FORCE
Gravity isn't really a force. It's more a consequence of space time being warped by mass.

the result of which is a FORCE according to Sir Isaac Newton
F = M X a (a is dependent on GRAVITY)
It's treated like a force. But it's not really a force. Look it up for yourself. You'll see.

Just google is gravity a force

"there is a force....."

Gravity isn't really a force. It's more a consequence of space time being warped by mass.

It's treated like a force. But it's not really a force. Look it up for yourself. You'll see.

it's treated like a force? when the apple fell on Isaac's head---he
KNEW it was a force------proportional to its MASS -----and the FORCE
OF GRAVITY

You mean Hasidic Jew. Wasn't Jesus also a Jew? The Jews killed a Jew? I never understood that. Actually, it was the Romans that put Jesus to death. They didn't have too. But, it was "gods" will. They couldn't help themselves.

You mean Hasidic Jew. Wasn't Jesus also a Jew? The Jews killed a Jew? I never understood that.

no silly-----it's play that is put on by catholic kids to DEPICT the journey of
Joseph and Mary to Bethlehem. whilst Mary was pregnant. They went to
Bethlehem for a census ordered by the romans.-----Since Joseph was of
the tribe of JUDAH-----he traveled to the LAND OF JUDAH in which Bethlehem is situated. I have no idea if this census actually ever took
place-----but that's the story. There is no question that there were cases
of murder in Israel/Judea by jews on jews. But NEVER crucifixion----
Romans used that barbarity against PHARISEES for opposing roman rule

it's treated like a force? when the apple fell on Isaac's head---he
KNEW it was a force------proportional to its MASS -----and the FORCE
OF GRAVITY
I see you couldn't be bothered with taking the time to google it.

This equivalence between floating and falling is what Einstein used to develop his theory. In general relativity, gravity is not a force between masses. Instead gravity is an effect of the warping of space and time in the presence of mass. Without a force acting upon it, an object will move in a straight line.

How We Know Gravity is Not (Just) a Force - Universe Today

"there is a force....."

Just google is gravity a force

the ACCELERATION is determined by gravity-----the FORCE is
the MASS X ACCELERATION F = ma

Forum List

Back