Can DeSantis catch up with Trump? Media says he is not "charismatic"... and a nerd

nomadic5

Platinum Member
Nov 28, 2022

Please!

Anyone with half a brain knows we need someone for president who does the right thing and being "charismaatic" (etc) is meaningless if he or she cannot do the job.

I never thought either of those things about DeSantis.

But so what if that were true? Just SOOOOOO freaking what?

Frankly, I like nerdy people. They seem to be more interested in facts and logic, generally speaking, than most non-nerdy folks.

Also, I know what it's like to be criticized (as he is), have experienced that over and over throughout my life, so that kind of thing just makes me like (relate to) DeS more. In any case, I don't see how he's made any BIG mistakes, as some pundits say or imply. Oh, the Announcement thing (on Twitter)? Big deal. Again, I want someone who knows what the hell he is doing-- couldn't care less about such petty issues. Don't waste my time, Pundits. :rolleyes:

Another weird thing going on with yours truly: As I watched this interview w/ DeS on Bartiromo's show (10 am ET Sunday), i found myself thinking this:

I doubt that, if Trump were to meet me or know the story of My Life in America, that he would really give me much credit for ... whatever. I voted for him twice and will do again if he is the nominee (Sorry, Rightwinger and Moonfreak or whatever ...)

But yeh... i found myself thinking that if he knew my story, he'd criticize (there's that word again) the way I have handled certain bad breaks I got in life... He wouldn't 'get' me.. would wonder why I didn't do more to be successful like he is, which is not really unusual or bad since all humans tend to relate to and feel more comfortable with those who are most like themsleves. But I feel I have been successful, just not monetarily speaking

Anyhow... I didn't (don't) get that same feeling from DeS... (that he would "criticize" or put me down if he knew my story )

Some will say Feelings are just feelings. I am a very objective-oriented person, who uses logic and facts and not emotions to make important decisions, but I am not ignoring my feelings here...

I don't know who I will end up voting for (except it will be an R) but in any case, DeSantis is quite impressive...

:)

Last edited:
Nothing matters til August 23rd, the first debate. Then we'll see what's what.

The media will harp on this until they switch to the next shiny object.

Remember back in January when supposedly McCarthy would never be Speaker because of the extended voting in the House?

Barely anyone even thinks about that anymore, but at the time it was supposed to show how he was totally doomed and the GOP wouldn't pick a leader.

I haven't decided on a candidate yet either, but I sure as shit won't factor a single iota of what the mainstream Press is saying when I do make my determination.

Nothing matters til August 23rd, the first debate. Then we'll see what's what.

The media will harp on this until they switch to the next shiny object.

Remember back in January when supposedly McCarthy would never be Speaker because of the extended voting in the House?

Barely anyone even thinks about that anymore, but at the time it was supposed to show how he was totally doomed and the GOP wouldn't pick a leader.

I haven't decided on a candidate yet either, but I sure as shit won't factor a single iota of what the mainstream Press is saying when I do make my determination.
so now the Q is

Do you put Fox News in that category (mainstream news)?

Please!

Anyone with half a brain knows we need someone for president who does the right thing and being "charismaatic" (etc) is meaningless if he or she cannot do the job.

I never thought either of those things about DeSantis.

But so what if that were true? Just SOOOOOO freaking what?

Frankly, I like nerdy people. They seem to be more interested in facts and logic, generally speaking, than most non-nerdy folks.

Also, I know what it's like to be criticized (as he is), have experienced that over and over throughout my life, so that kind of thing just makes me like (relate to) DeS more. In any case, I don't see how he's made any BIG mistakes, as some pundits say or imply. Oh, the Announcement thing (on Twitter)? Big deal. Again, I want someone who knows what the hell he is doing-- couldn't care less about such petty issues. Don't waste my time, Pundits. :rolleyes:

Another weird thing going on with yours truly: As I watched this interview w/ DeS on Bartiromo's show (10 am ET Sunday), i found myself thinking this:

I doubt that, if Trump were to meet me or know the story of My Life in America, that he would really give me much credit for ... whatever. I voted for him twice and will do again if he is the nominee (Sorry, Rightwinger and Moonfreak or whatever ...)

But yeh... i found myself thinking that if he knew my story, he'd criticize (there's that word again) the way I have handled certain bad breaks I got in life... He wouldn't 'get' me.. would wonder why I didn't do more to be successful like he is, which is not really unusual or bad since all humans tend to relate to and feel more comfortable with those who are most like themsleves. But I feel I have been successful, just not monetarily speaking

Anyhow... I didn't (don't) get that same feeling from DeS... (that he would "criticize" or put me down if he knew my story )

Some will say Feelings are just feelings. I am a very objective-oriented person, who uses logic and facts and not emotions to make important decisions, but I am not ignoring my feelings here...

I don't know who I will end up voting for (except it will be an R) but in any case, DeSantis is quite impressive...

:)
Who gives a shit if he's a nerd? Is this really how petty and ignorant we are as voters?

Grow up people.

The more the media disses DeSantis the more I like his chances. Those people want Trump to be the Republican candidate because they know he can't win with all his baggage.

Meanwhile old Joe pretends he doesn't have to campaign or maybe he forgets that he has to campaign. The point is that it seems the left has given up on the election and their best hope is the right republican.

I LOL as my mind wandered the other day while watching a CNN segment (I watch when there are facts beingdiscussed, esp if it is a R guest discussing them)

I looked at some of the hosts and thought to myself.. they look sad, even depressed... They say this and that on air because they have to but... then I had this mental picture of one of them (can't recall which one.. they're kind of all alike, eh? LOL)

looking around furtively at the voting booth, then quickly marking their ballot for the R candidate!

LMAO

I mean, come on... Who among the informed is going to vote for the veg man?

Who gives a shit if he's a nerd? Is this really how petty and ignorant we are as voters?

Grow up people.
for sure

I never saw him as nerdy anyhow.. I was kind of shocked to hear him called that.. wish I could remember who used that word.. sigh...

Some things you hear on the news are just a waste o'time... :rolleyes:

so now the Q is

Do you put Fox News in that category (mainstream news)?

To a degree, yes.

Well....hhmmm.

Excellent question.

They are technically corporate.

But mainstream?

For all the angst about FOX (and that horrible night with AZ in the 2020 election), much of what you find on more alternative right leaning sites does make it over to FOX. Esp. amidst the prime time lineup.

FOX is the essential "tip of the spear" for the right leaning freedom loving crowd, but I wouldn't quite call it mainstream.

The more the media disses DeSantis the more I like his chances. Those people want Trump to be the Republican candidate because they know he can't win with all his baggage.
well, I was agreeing with you until that last thing

he can win

he did win

he won TWICE (but the dims knew he was going to win, so they stole it)

They may want him to be the nominee again because maybe 40% of voters don't KNOW that (what I just said, that it wass stolen)

interesting that CNN has a lot of Rs on their show(s) but I have yet to see DeSantis... not that I watch that lying station... again, I watch only when there is a R on and/or they are discussing known FACTS.. Their biased "news stories" can go straight to Hell...

To a degree, yes.

Well....hhmmm.

Excellent question.

They are technically corporate.

But mainstream?

For all the angst about FOX (and that horrible night with AZ in the 2020 election), much of what you find on more alternative right leaning sites does make it over to FOX. Esp. amidst the prime time lineup.

FOX is the essential "tip of the spear" for the right leaning freedom loving crowd, but I wouldn't quite call it mainstream.
well said.

I hate when people trash Fox and worse, say it is not conservative.

Well, I guess it could be true of segments that I don't watch... can't speak on those segments!

But I watch sporadically day and night and haven't seen anything too liberal... not hardly.

You gotta convince Republican primary voters of that. They are the ones hung up on Trump

The media will just create new baggage if the Republican nominee is not Trump.

If Vivek somehow takes the ring, he'll be the Asian face of white supremacy faster than Al Sharpton can shout "RACISM!"

You into masochism?
like i said, I only watch when there is objective truth being spoken.. which is usually spoken by a R guest..

When a segment comes on that is full of lies (the election wasn't stolen)

yeh... I am NOT (to answer your Q)

masochistic

I find something else to do... like filing my toenails.. watching grass grow

The media will just create new baggage if the Republican nominee is not Trump.

If Vivek somehow takes the ring, he'll be the Asian face of white supremacy faster than Al Sharpton can shout "RACISM!"
LOL

yeh, I've seen those lunatics do this.. accuse even BLACKS of being White Supremecists!

un-freaking believable!

:banghead:

DeSantis looked at Trump and saw a very mean man and said "I can do that". He didn't see the love. Trump absolutely loves his followers and they love him. DeSantis has all the warmth of a slug.

DeSantis looked at Trump and saw a very mean man and said "I can do that". He didn't see the love. Trump absolutely loves his followers and they love him. DeSantis has all the warmth of a slug.
Trump loves his followers?

That seems like something only Trump and God would know

You liberals are always acting like you know someone else's deepest thoughts and motives. ha ha... you can't even figure out your own!

Forum List

Back