Can Atheists be Moral?

Many theists believe it is clear-cut. Humans can only have opinions about morality, and no one’s opinion is any more valid than anyone else’s. This leads them to the conclusion that an objective source of morality must stand apart from, and above, humans. That source, they say, is God. Since atheists, reject God, atheists can have no basis for morality.

This is really two separate arguments: (1) that God is the source of objective morality and humans can learn morality from God and (2) that humans on their own have no way to know what is moral and what is not.

Can atheists be moral? - Atheist Alliance International
IothersI do understand all cultures have differnt standards on morality. But deep down inside I think the majority know right from wrong.

Let me as you this is it diffcult to say its wrong to have sex with a 9 year old woman and marry her .but why do some billion plus accept this
Who accepts that?

Many theists believe it is clear-cut. Humans can only have opinions about morality, and no one’s opinion is any more valid than anyone else’s. This leads them to the conclusion that an objective source of morality must stand apart from, and above, humans. That source, they say, is God. Since atheists, reject God, atheists can have no basis for morality.

This is really two separate arguments: (1) that God is the source of objective morality and humans can learn morality from God and (2) that humans on their own have no way to know what is moral and what is not.

Can atheists be moral? - Atheist Alliance International
IothersI do understand all cultures have differnt standards on morality. But deep down inside I think the majority know right from wrong.

Let me as you this is it diffcult to say its wrong to have sex with a 9 year old woman and marry her .but why do some billion plus accept this
Who accepts that?

I think he is referring to Muslims who celebrate the love story between a 53 year old Mohammed and his prepubescent bride .

People try to justify that by saying moral standards were different, but the fact is that the most primitive stone age people who ever walked the earth would have found that to be morally deviant and reprehensible.

Still doesn't explain why so many people don't. Maybe they do, but they keep their mouths shut because they want to keep their heads. Maybe the rational part of their brains were surgically removed when they were too young to remember and malware was installed so that every time an intelligent thought is required all they can do is recite verses from the Koran.

I don't know why they don't get along better with Christians or why Christians don't have more empathy for muslims. Both groups seems to have been subjected to the same type of ancient time tested and proven methods of sorcery, the magical arts, what people now would call brainwashing or mind control. You know, close the curtains, light a candle, stand up, sit down, kneel, get down on your hands and knees, chant chant chant, praise the Lord, sing a song, participate in a three minute hate session, empty your pockets in full support of the cause, and then tell everyone what a beautiful service and moving spiritual experience it was.

Its messed up. They actually argue over whose brainwashing is better instead of uniting to destroy the practice while the bastards who control them are celebrated as dedicated holy men in public and act like degenerates in private laughing their assess off at all the lost sinners out there throwing money at them and begging to be abused, er, saved.

So they take the money, give them a few lines to recite, rosary beads to count daily or a compass to find mecca, and send them into the jungle to fight each other to the death while they take off on a private jet to a private island for a spiritual retreat... It must be exhausting being a humble servant of the Lord and ripping people off for a living.

Last edited:
Fauna and Flora both emerged from the initial (metaphysical) life (spiritual) template, take anything that is living as an example ... the physiology the living beings have evolved is created by their spiritual component over time and is itself, the evolution proof of the metaphysical presence in the universe.

if as bing suggests you are not to angry to give a reasonable response to what is as secular as it might be religious in reference to the underpinnings necessary for the initial life templates emergence on Earth in the first place ...
You know, I tried parsing that out of curiosity. I ended up with a jumble of words without connection.
You know, I tried parsing that out of curiosity. I ended up with a jumble of words without connection.

have you answered where your physiology originates -

physiology is a metaphysical substance not native to planet Earth that is the physical representation of a living spirit. and disappears when the life (spirit) is removed from it.

* can't be made any simpler for you - tautology is just a defection or answer the question or go back to school.

Life began just as the Miller-Urey volcanic spark experiment has shown. There is nothing spiritual about it. Reasons for smuggling spirituality into the argument are based on fundamental illusions of Homo sapiens.

Look at it this way:

Can anyone be moral?
that possibility is for all beings, Flora and Fauna to accomplish in freeing their spirits for admission to the Everlasting - the apex of knowledge, the triumph of good vs evil - the state of purity a Sabbath.

Sometimes.

Immoral? Or ammoral?

Or both?
It probably depends on the occasion and the person.

Yeah. It depends.

It's always been that way.
Just like rationalizations.

Ding the Ditherer.

Hovering on the periphery.
I couldn’t be happier for you to see it that way, darling. Get it out of your system and I’ll throw a there there your way.

have you answered where your physiology originates -
Yes, about 150 years ago.
and your answer is / was ...
Selection, same as the first 500 times you asked me.
Selection, same as the first 500 times you asked me.

that is not an answer ff - for physiology ... that would be a metaphysical correspondence between generations, spiritual to accommodate adaptions applied to their physiology. not its origin.

Forum List

Back