Can Atheists be Moral?

People are all human.

And a fetus is human according to God's objective moral values. Thus, we overturn Roe v. Wade and the people responsible get a chance to start over, but it comes at a price. People need to be responsible and free. I'm not like ding putting doctors in jail as murderers. I can't believe I am saying this, but it even fits evolution haha. Survival of those who can and are willing to support their breeding. If you can't and won't support your breeding, then you get sterilized..

Where have the gods established any moral values?

All of the books making claims to gods are written by men, none of whom have ever spoken with the gods.

People are all human.

And a fetus is human according to God's objective moral values. Thus, we overturn Roe v. Wade and the people responsible get a chance to start over, but it comes at a price. People need to be responsible and free. I'm not like ding putting doctors in jail as murderers. I can't believe I am saying this, but it even fits evolution haha. Survival of those who can and are willing to support their breeding. If you can't and won't support your breeding, then you get sterilized..

All of the books making claims to gods are written by men, none of whom have ever spoken with the gods.
Nor borne any children, ahem, fetuses.

Last edited:
People are all human.

Nor borne any children, ahem, fetuses.
Yep. I can't help but notice that so many of the posts from the religious extremists in these threads, (men), absolve men of any responsibility for a woman's pregnancy and then choose to strip the woman of any choice regarding the termination of the pregnancy.

People are all human.

And a fetus is human according to God's objective moral values. Thus, we overturn Roe v. Wade and the people responsible get a chance to start over, but it comes at a price. People need to be responsible and free. I'm not like ding putting doctors in jail as murderers. I can't believe I am saying this, but it even fits evolution haha. Survival of those who can and are willing to support their breeding. If you can't and won't support your breeding, then you get sterilized (vasectomy or tubal, both outpatient procedures).

Wealthy white men of little conscience. So what is morality?

Come now, you don't have to be wealthy to support one child. It's more than one where it starts to dent your wallet.
I can't believe I am saying this, but it even fits evolution haha. Survival of those who can and are willing to support their breeding.

images

- are blindly destroying the Garden they belittle in their forged and made up religion and are selfrighteously leading humanity to an undeserved extinction by their misuse of the gifts given them. understanding nature is an anathema to all three desert religions, those people that comprise their congregations.

not to mention the slaughter they incur daily for the above gluttonous subsistence.

It seems to me that the one stuck bearing the little pisser for nine months, the one far more likely to provide the milk it will initially demand, the bulk of the butt maintenance, nurturing,.. the vast majority of work, responsibility, and sacrifice in other words.. that person alone should decide what's best for the both of them. Now if that person wants to involve or consult someone else, a loved one, a doctor, a religious person or institution... fine. But short of that no fucking man should ever be allowed to decide for a woman what she does with her internal fetus. Her fetus. It should be considered her personal property* until born or otherwise expelled from her body. Providing the sperm is nothing but a pleasure by comparison. Not work. Not being responsible. Not sacrifice. It should count for nothing.

*{Part of her body actually, but perhaps in more legal terms..}

These people are not the fittest. They can't make good decisions nor can they pay for their vices. The best is sterilization if they cannot support the fetus and infant. Child support does a good job in getting them to pay and collect. Society is set up nicely for that. We just do not want these people breeding. They aren't put in jail for murder, nor their doctors, and they are free to carry on.

Studies have shown that if you jail or kill these people for "murder one" like what some of the religious right are wanting, then others will just take their place. This is what happens to stray animals. Sterilization is an effective and humane tool to control our pregnancy rates of those who cannot support a child. It's a humane form of birth control for those who can't and won't support a child.

People are all human.

And a fetus is human according to God's objective moral values. Thus, we overturn Roe v. Wade and the people responsible get a chance to start over, but it comes at a price. People need to be responsible and free. I'm not like ding putting doctors in jail as murderers. I can't believe I am saying this, but it even fits evolution haha. Survival of those who can and are willing to support their breeding. If you can't and won't support your breeding, then you get sterilized (vasectomy or tubal, both outpatient procedures).

Come now, you don't have to be wealthy to support one child. It's more than one where it starts to dent your wallet.
I can't believe I am saying this, but it even fits evolution haha. Survival of those who can and are willing to support their breeding.

images

- are blindly destroying the Garden they belittle in their forged and made up religion and are selfrighteously leading humanity to an undeserved extinction by their misuse of the gifts given them. understanding nature is an anathema to all three desert religions, those people that comprise their congregations.

not to mention the slaughter they incur daily for the above gluttonous subsistence.

The only part that I am using from the Bible is that "life begins at conception" and it's God's objective moral law; it's like the ten commandments. We do not want just the rich to get richer and the poor to continue getting pregnant. Those are the facts of life.

People are all human.

images

Maybe they could reform themselves given more tax breaks? ;)

People are all human.

images

The only part that I am using from the Bible is that "life begins at conception" and it's God's objective moral law; it's like the ten commandments. We do not want just the rich to get richer and the poor to continue getting pregnant. Those are the facts of life.

Where, in any of the bibles is the claim that "life begins at conception" ?

What's strange about God is that he's unpredictable. Life is unpredictable. God has his word and objective moral values, but he won't go the way you think he will go. Thus, you have to be ready in life for CHANGE.

People are all human.

images

Where, in any of the bibles is the claim that "life begins at conception" ?
This must be it!:
20 “Anyone who beats their male or female slave with a rod must be punished if the slave dies as a direct result, but they are not to be punished if the slave recovers after a day or two, since the slave is their property.

22 “If people are fighting and hit a pregnant woman and she gives birth prematurely but there is no serious injury, the offender must be fined whatever the woman’s husband demands and the court allows. But if there is serious injury, you are to take life for life, eye for eye, tooth for tooth, hand for hand, foot for foot, burn for burn, wound for wound, bruise for bruise.
"Morality" baby!

Say whaa? Still don't see it? GWB had the answers:
“I know how hard it is for you to put food on your family.”
“Rarely is the question asked: Is our children learning?”
“Too many good docs are getting out of the business. Too many OB/GYNs aren’t able to practice their love with women all across the country.”
“Neither in French nor in English nor in Mexican.”
“See, in my line of work you got to keep repeating things over and over and over again for the truth to sink in, to kind of catapult the propaganda.”

Last edited:
People are all human.

images

and it's God's objective moral law;

images

that is not covered by the desert religions

"life begins at conception"

the truth be told with the first breath - and what is the sterilization all about those issues are no different than an abortion which in itself is a solution to a biological anomaly -

are any of the christians getting in writing from their priests their flagrant disregard for church doctrine ... why not post one for giggles.

What's strange about God is that he's unpredictable. Life is unpredictable. God has his word and objective moral values, but he won't go the way you think he will go. Thus, you have to be ready in life for CHANGE.

Yes. The gods are unpredictable. That's because humans are unpredictable and humans invented the gods.

So I'm conflicted on how to handle a domestic issue, and the absolutely universal / moral laws of the gods are not making it clear how I should proceed. Here's my conflict, from Leviticus 25:45-46

"Both thy bondmen, and thy bondmaids, which thou shalt have, shall be of the heathen that are round about you; of them shall ye buy bondmen and bondmaids. Moreover of the children of the strangers that do sojourn among you, of them shall ye buy, and of their families that are with you, which they begat in your land: and they shall be your possession."

Here's my problem. One of the 4 year old children of the heathens around me actually has converted to Judaism. Now, technically he is still heathen, at least by blood. Can I buy this child anyway, or does the conversion override the bloodline issue? I suspect that a 4 year old isn't old enough to make such a decision regarding their status, so I can buy and enslave him anyway, right?

Can you enlighten me on how the gods resolves such a conflict?

Thanks.

You people can wave your arms all you want but the pendulum has clearly begun to swing back.

Many theists believe it is clear-cut. Humans can only have opinions about morality, and no one’s opinion is any more valid than anyone else’s. This leads them to the conclusion that an objective source of morality must stand apart from, and above, humans. That source, they say, is God. Since atheists, reject God, atheists can have no basis for morality.

This is really two separate arguments: (1) that God is the source of objective morality and humans can learn morality from God and (2) that humans on their own have no way to know what is moral and what is not.

Can atheists be moral? - Atheist Alliance International

The only truly moral people are Agnostics.
A true moralist does what the Creator would have that one do and not what the individual believes is the correct course of action... Morality hinges on eternal truth.

You mean the creator as written in man made scripture? I can think of $1.2T reasons why religious provocateurs would want you to believe that.

Many theists believe it is clear-cut. Humans can only have opinions about morality, and no one’s opinion is any more valid than anyone else’s. This leads them to the conclusion that an objective source of morality must stand apart from, and above, humans. That source, they say, is God. Since atheists, reject God, atheists can have no basis for morality.

This is really two separate arguments: (1) that God is the source of objective morality and humans can learn morality from God and (2) that humans on their own have no way to know what is moral and what is not.

A true moralist does what the Creator would have that one do and not what the individual believes is the correct course of action... Morality hinges on eternal truth.

You mean the creator as written in man made scripture? I can think of $1.2T reasons why religious provocateurs would want you to believe that.
Karl Marx said essentially the same thing.

Karl Marx said essentially the same thing.

Big deal.

Forum List

Back