Can anyone offer a logical criticism of Glenn Beck?

That is beyond pitiful.

If you have no sense of humor I agree. If you take everything completely seriously I agree.

You meet both qualifications therefore it is beyond pitiful.

There is NOTHING funny about joking about the death of anyone. What the fuck is wrong with you?

I disagree. Human suffering is the root of all humor. Sad but true... and sometimes damn funny. :)

If you have no sense of humor I agree. If you take everything completely seriously I agree.

You meet both qualifications therefore it is beyond pitiful.

There is NOTHING funny about joking about the death of anyone. What the fuck is wrong with you?

I'm not cheering on cops who stop stroke victims (you know, real life not satire) from getting treatment. I laugh at satire you support imprisoning good people and preventing treatment for people who need it.

What is wrong with me?

So we can add liar to your resume? I never suggested the cop was justified in keeping the wife from medical care, in fact I said the opposite, I pointedly said he was wrong to do so. i also never suggested the husband should be jailed.

So we can add liar to your resume? I never suggested the cop was justified in keeping the wife from medical care, in fact I said the opposite, I pointedly said he was wrong to do so. i also never suggested the husband should be jailed.

So do you support all laws being enforced at all times or not? Please make up your mind. Are laws black and white like you first stated or not?

So do you support all laws being enforced at all times or not? Please make up your mind. Are laws black and white like you first stated or not?

What does that have to do with anything? You claimed I wanted the husband jailed, I never said that. You are a liar. Should he receive tickets? I certainly think so.

I've never watched his show, but I did see a piece on the Daily Show last week that showed Beck to be a lying sack of shit.

They showed a clip from his show where he played the raw video of the Israel flotilla raid. He claimed that he (and Fox) were the only one's with the balls to air the video. And then emphatically said, why? why won't they show you this? As if it was some media conspiracy.

Then the Daily Show proceeded to show no less than a dozen examples of where the video was shown on other shows and other networks over the 24 hour period BEFORE Beck showed the video and made is fallacious claim.

Fucking hilarious.

Ok, so you are the type of person who would rather be told what to think instead of how to think? Not trying to be mean, I am trying to understand how one comes to a conclusion and decides to make an opinion based off of a satire program on a comedy channel.
I find that to be kind of....sad.

Ah so you're going to dismiss their claims based entirely on the fact that they're a satire show despite the fact that they showed evidence. All without ever seeing their claims and their evidence.

Let us know when you wish to start debating with logic.

Last edited:
This was a great example of Glennbeck's logic.

YouTube - Glenn Beck analyzes fascist and communist symbolism in artwork at Rockefeller Center

I can't critique it because it makes absolutely no sense...so I just laugh and shake my head.

So I take it you were the type of kid in school that got angry at the teacher for your own learning problems?

Ad hominem.

No but it does make him a massive hypocrite

You do realize that an intelligent person uses logic and reason to try to break an argument, and that personal attacks are a fallacy and discredits the one using it right?

dude stop being a dick and watch it. It shows beck STANDING then immediately SITTING. like FLASH bam he is in a different position SITTING from standing. Why is it so hard for you to understand that is somewhat suspicious?

:rofl:

Like I said, if you have access to raw footage then post it. As it is, you people insisted that Beck never said what manifold stated and, now that I've posted the goddamn video, you find yourself looking for any seem in the concrete.

:lol:

I just watched it again and it's two clips being shown! So, he insinuated this TWICE! THAT is where you are grandstanding about some assumed edit job! L<OLOLOLOLOLOL

WOW. Does being such a shill make your jaws ache?

yeah, it is two clips that are strung together out of context...how do you know what he said before or after those sentences? Do you have any idea what "context" means?

Question:
Did Liberty ever actually show the context or not?

Anything of actual substance from liberals about Glenn Beck that fits the post: 0, anything of actual substance from Conservatives about Glenn Beck that fits this post: 99

Last edited:
:rofl:

How's this for some lonestar "logic":

Beck said of the video "Nobody seems willing to show that..."

After virtually everybody had already shown it.

But by lonestar's lofty logical standards of reasoning, Beck's statement isn't false. :rofl:

By your own reasoning, you should be calling yourself a liar for saying that "everybody had already shown it".

There are tens of thousands of TV stations around the country. Do you really claim that they all showed it? Why do you have to lie? Are you a propagandist?

Your own argument doomed by your own pathetically stupid words.

hyperbole =/= lying

you fail :thup:

Context matters
What was beck saying that no other channel was covering the story ,
or no other channel was covering the story from the perspective he was showing the story?
The hypocrisy of siding with the ones with the clubs ?

Logical criticism of Glenn Beck: 101

Legitimate rebuttal of said criticism: ZERO!
Your math is very fuzzy. I believe the thread is called," Can anyone offer a logical criticism of Glenn Beck?" The person who started this thread used the word "logical" and of to date no one has ever pro-offered anything that I would deem logical, even in the loosest sence.
Pointing out how he looks isn't something I'd call substance. So, my score stands. liberals 0(a big fat goose egg. conservatives 99, and now +1

Last edited:
Remember when Beck was talking about the slave tax, claiming that the people were willingly paying 10 bucks to immigrate to this country?

Been watching his show for about a month when he's on and I must say his information, especially historic analysis and parallels drawn of the past and present, he has a logical and informative show.

So, I was wondering if anyone can disprove something he has said about history or anything like that. His special on the black people who helped create the United States was particularly enlightening and very interesting. His comparisons of MLK and sharpton/jackson are also very intriguing.

So, what is the beef?

On a side note, I am an open independent thinker. I like to look up and verify information presented as much as possible from TV, magazines, newspapers, etc. With that said, thank you for any responses.

First, I'm a Beck fan.

Second, when You see him blowing Gabriel's Horn, run, don't walk the other way. Sometimes he gets carried away, though I honesty believe he handles fame better than most. ;)

Third, He does have a darker side, sometimes I think his Indian Name should be Grey Cloud, or Chief Stands to much in front of mirror. :eek:

Fourth, He is a great teacher and inspires thought and discourse. He is naturally inquisitive and I appreciate that.

Well, now that we've seen countless examples of logical criticisms of Beck, the question is can anyone offer a logical defense?

I seriously doubt it.

Well, now that we've seen countless examples of logical criticisms of Beck, the question is can anyone offer a logical defense?

I seriously doubt it.

He is an acquired taste. I thoroughly enjoy both his radio and TV shows. Sorry to disapoint you. :tongue:

I seriously doubt it.

He is an acquired taste. I thoroughly enjoy both his radio and TV shows. Sorry to disapoint you. :tongue:

I like his radio show better,even though I don't listen to it as much as I used to. He seems more relaxed and it's more fun IMO. I like that he doesn't seem to take himself too seriously and can laugh at some of the crazy reviews and calls he gets. I also think he has a great since of humor. He did this one skit making fun of some of Keith Olbermann's crazy rants (in Shakespeare type lingo) that cracked me up. Sometimes he does go off the rails (much like Hannity) but, I still like to listen to his program on occasion.

Watching Glen Beck makes you lose IQ points.

By the way, you do know that he's self educated right?

No wonder he confused the slave tax with an entry fee for America.

Well I just read all 23 pages of this thread (I deserve some sort of medal) and I didn't see one person offer any logical criticisms of Beck. I saw a lot of elementary school-like attacks on him but nothing that could be tossed in the "logical" arena.

Glen Beck is awesome. When I lived in Clearwater he was a local DJ in Tampa. This was before his radio show was syndicated. Been a fan ever since. He's one of the most genuine and honest personalities you'll find. He is extremely educational and a true American.

Well I just read all 23 pages of this thread (I deserve some sort of medal) and I didn't see one person offer any logical criticisms of Beck. I saw a lot of elementary school-like attacks on him but nothing that could be tossed in the "logical" arena.

Glen Beck is awesome. When I lived in Clearwater he was a local DJ in Tampa. This was before his radio show was syndicated. Been a fan ever since. He's one of the most genuine and honest personalities you'll find. He is extremely educational and a true American.

:rofl: Seriously?

Forum List

Back