Can anyone offer a logical criticism of Glenn Beck?

Liberty

Silver Member
Jul 8, 2009
colorado
Been watching his show for about a month when he's on and I must say his information, especially historic analysis and parallels drawn of the past and present, he has a logical and informative show.

So, I was wondering if anyone can disprove something he has said about history or anything like that. His special on the black people who helped create the United States was particularly enlightening and very interesting. His comparisons of MLK and sharpton/jackson are also very intriguing.

So, what is the beef?

On a side note, I am an open independent thinker. I like to look up and verify information presented as much as possible from TV, magazines, newspapers, etc. With that said, thank you for any responses.

Been watching his show for about a month when he's on and I must say his information, especially historic analysis and parallels drawn of the past and present, he has a logical and informative show.

So, I was wondering if anyone can disprove something he has said about history or anything like that. His special on the black people who helped create the United States was particularly enlightening and very interesting. His comparisons of MLK and sharpton/jackson are also very intriguing.

So, what is the beef?

On a side note, I am an open independent thinker. I like to look up and verify information presented as much as possible from TV, magazines, newspapers, etc. With that said, thank you for any responses.

I love Glenn Beck and his show. I watch it often, He also wrote a wonderful book I have enjoyed: Arguing With Idiots.

So, what is the beef?

I love Glenn Beck and his show. I watch it often, He also wrote a wonderful book I have enjoyed: Arguing With Idiots.

Cool. I have not read any of his books. I learn a lot from his show. His analysis of woodrow wilson for example, is spot on.

He is from Western Washington, so he probably a Husky fan. That is enough for me. ;)

So, what is the beef?

I too watch the Glen Beck show. I think he is very informative and fair minded and backs up what he says by showing videos of those he talks about and what they have said. I don't have a problem with him as I too consider myself an independent thinker and don't take anybody's word as 'God's truth'. I do my own investigating as much as possible also. I also find him very entertaining.

I've never watched his show, but I did see a piece on the Daily Show last week that showed Beck to be a lying sack of shit.

They showed a clip from his show where he played the raw video of the Israel flotilla raid. He claimed that he (and Fox) were the only one's with the balls to air the video. And then emphatically said, why? why won't they show you this? As if it was some media conspiracy.

Then the Daily Show proceeded to show no less than a dozen examples of where the video was shown on other shows and other networks over the 24 hour period BEFORE Beck showed the video and made is fallacious claim.

Fucking hilarious.

I've never watched his show, but I did see a piece on the Daily Show last week that showed Beck to be a lying sack of shit.

They showed a clip from his show where he played the raw video of the Israel flotilla raid. He claimed that he (and Fox) were the only one's with the balls to air the video. And then emphatically said, why? why won't they show you this? As if it was some media conspiracy.

Then the Daily Show proceeded to show no less than a dozen examples of where the video was shown on other shows and other networks over the 24 hour period BEFORE Beck showed the video and made is fallacious claim.

Fucking hilarious.

Well then you are one stupid fuck because Beck never uttered those words. Not on his show and not in the clip you watched. I would give you the exact quote, but with your stupidity level being what it is, I don't see the point

Fucking hilarious.

Ok, so you are the type of person who would rather be told what to think instead of how to think? Not trying to be mean, I am trying to understand how one comes to a conclusion and decides to make an opinion based off of a satire program on a comedy channel.
I find that to be kind of....sad.

This was a great example of Glennbeck's logic.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xWL-pfCao-U]YouTube - Glenn Beck analyzes fascist and communist symbolism in artwork at Rockefeller Center[/ame]

I can't critique it because it makes absolutely no sense...so I just laugh and shake my head.

Fucking hilarious.

Well then you are one stupid fuck because Beck never uttered those words. Not on his show and not in the clip you watched. I would give you the exact quote, but with your stupidity level being what it is, I don't see the point

:rofl:

They aired the fucking clip of Beck himself making the claim you stupid twatstick. :lol:

Fucking hilarious.

Ok, so you are the type of person who would rather be told what to think instead of how to think? Not trying to be mean, I am trying to understand how one comes to a conclusion and decides to make an opinion based off of a satire program on a comedy channel.

Obviously Beck tells you what to think and you listen. But on some level this bothers even you so now you are projecting. I'm not trying to be mean, I am just trying to understand how one comes to a conclusion and decides to make an opinion based of a show hosted by a proven liar and charlatan.

Fucking hilarious.

:rofl:

They aired the fucking clip of Beck himself making the claim you stupid twatstick. :lol:

he is

a) a liberal plant (maybe progressive, even)
b) a victim of bad editing: he is sorry it was not recorded as intended
c) just joking, hahahaha

Fucking hilarious.

Obviously Beck tells you what to think and you listen. But on some level this bothers even you so now you are projecting. I'm not trying to be mean, I am just trying to understand how one comes to a conclusion and decides to make an opinion based of a show hosted by a proven liar and charlatan.

You do realize that an intelligent person uses logic and reason to try to break an argument, and that personal attacks are a fallacy and discredits the one using it right? What makes you think that a satire show on a comedy channel deserves more credit than intellectual and analytical thought?

I thought that his referring to the people of New Orleans that were shown on television as "scumbags" was pretty nasty.

I wonder if he still feels the same way about them now?

You do realize that an intelligent person uses logic and reason to try to break an argument, and that personal attacks are a fallacy and discredits the one using it right? What makes you think that a satire show on a comedy channel deserves more credit than intellectual and analytical thought?

wut, glenn beck is NOT satire?

Forum List

Back