Cambridge Analytica caught in video sting

theDoctorisIn

Platinum Member
Senior USMB Moderator
Aug 12, 2009
In the center of it all
I know that Cambridge Analytica has already been in the news this week, with the revelation that they harvested significant amounts of facebook data, but this is apparently an entirely different story that also broke today.

Cambridge Analytica, for those who don't know, is a conservative "data management" firm owned by the Mercer family (and formerly run by Steve Bannon) with a fairly shady history of psy-ops in regard to elections all around the world. It appears that a reporter from Channel 4 News in England recently recorded a "sting" meeting with the CEO of Cambridge Analytica, in which that CEO made a number of offers to entrap and blackmail a hypothetical political opponent, including suggesting sending Ukrainian hookers to someone's house and filming it (to release via shell organizations on twitter), and various other shady things.

There is apparently more to come, tomorrow - which directly involves the work they did for Donald Trump.

Revealed: Trump’s election consultants filmed saying they use bribes and sex workers to entrap politicians

You know, I'm still wondering why people put their lives on Facebook.

Me? Yeah, I have a page, but I only use it to keep in touch with friends and family, I don't tell everything that is going on in my life.

Why? I like my privacy and don't like having propaganda shoved down my throat.

By the way, did you see the way the stock market tanked today because of Facebook?

Me? Yeah, I have a page, but I only use it to keep in touch with friends and family, I don't tell everything that is going on in my life.

By the way, did you see the way the stock market tanked today because of Facebook?

I have a facebook, but I rarely use it anymore. I think I've updated it less than 10 times in the last 8 years or so.

Yep, I saw the market.

I have a facebook, but I rarely use it anymore. I think I've updated it less than 10 times in the last 8 years or so.

The only reason I have a page is so that people can find me if they really want to seek me out. It's how my cousin got ahold of me when her daughter graduated high school and she wanted me to be there when she graduated.

But updates? Nope. At most, I have a couple of musings that I wrote about some things I have learned over the years.

I know that Cambridge Analytica has already been in the news this week, with the revelation that they harvested significant amounts of facebook data, but this is apparently an entirely different story that also broke today.

Cambridge Analytica, for those who don't know, is a conservative "data management" firm owned by the Mercer family (and formerly run by Steve Bannon) with a fairly shady history of psy-ops in regard to elections all around the world. It appears that a reporter from Channel 4 News in England recently recorded a "sting" meeting with the CEO of Cambridge Analytica, in which that CEO made a number of offers to entrap and blackmail a hypothetical political opponent, including suggesting sending Ukrainian hookers to someone's house and filming it (to release via shell organizations on twitter), and various other shady things.

There is apparently more to come, tomorrow - which directly involves the work they did for Donald Trump.

Revealed: Trump’s election consultants filmed saying they use bribes and sex workers to entrap politicians

If this company were working for the dems, nothing would have happened.

If something like this had come up in the first year and a half of Obama's presidency, you conservatives would have been screaming for impeachment.

:lol:

When you've got nothing to say, but can't help yourself anyway, why not make up some nonsensical counterfactuals and treat them as fact?

If something like this had come up in the first year and a half of Obama's presidency, you conservatives would have been screaming for impeachment.

You are so full of it your eyes are brown.

When you've got nothing to say, but can't help yourself anyway, why not make up some nonsensical counterfactuals and treat them as fact?

Spare us the phony moral outrage. This is only an issue because a GOP related company is involved. No more no less.

Spare us the phony moral outrage. This is only an issue because a GOP related company is involved. No more no less.

I think you're misreading my post. There's no "moral outrage" here, I'm mostly just amused.

Did you watch the video in the OP? Do you think those tactics described are appropriate election techniques?

Actually, my eyes are a nice deep blue that a lot of women seem to appreciate.

But, really, good job with the grade school insults you low born sperm burping colon jouster. I bet you spend your nights on the docks blowing longshoremen for candy bars and spare change.

ooh, that's gonna leave a mark

There's no shortage of hypocritical partisans on either side. This "expose" reminds me a lot of the Project Veritas undercover recordings of abortion providers talking about selling baby parts which many people on the left said was deceptively edited.

There's no shortage of hypocritical partisans on either side. This "expose" reminds me a lot of the Project Veritas undercover recordings of abortion providers talking about selling baby parts which many people on the left said was deceptively edited.

Project Veritas didn't leave a large digital footprint. Facebook did. And, it can be traced and tracked.

But, really, good job with the grade school insults you low born sperm burping colon jouster. I bet you spend your nights on the docks blowing longshoremen for candy bars and spare change.

Grade school threads get grade school insults. Not too bad a comeback though.

Grade school threads get grade school insults. Not too bad a comeback though.

You conservatives know that if Obama had something like this in his first year and a half, you would have been screaming for impeachment. Shit, some of you were screaming for impeachment because you didn't believe that Obama was born in the USA.

Every stock on my watch list was down today. It's a down day. It's not "because of Nosebook".

Forum List

Back