California unveils Native American monument at Capitol, replacing missionary statue toppled in 2020

Indians took up arms against the United States and killed civilians as well as soldiers. If we forgave Geronimo why cant we forgive Robert E. Lee?
The original nations of this country were fighting foreign invaders. Robert E. Lee was not.

There isn't room for a discussion about Indian tribal warfare or the "thousands" of years of alleged peace among Aborigines in North America. Robert E. Lee wasn't implicated in the plot to subjugate American Indians but Geronimo was a prime suspect in the attempt to overthrow the government.
What there isn't room for are the consistent excuses from whites who are racists. Life obviously was bad for your descendants in Europe since they ran away and came here.

Native Americans sided with the Confederacy.

Bet you didn't know that
No they didn't. There were all kinds of nations that had nothing to do with either the confederacy or the Union.

What's the point? Lee isn't implicated in a plot to steal land from Indians. Actually it was the federal government that stole land from Lee. American Indians are forgiven for taking arms against the federal government so why not forgive Lee?
You are really stupid.

Pretty logical if you had an ancestor who was scalped and enslaved by Indians. Indians fought for their homeland and so did Robert E. Lee.
Illegal invaders got captured.

Hellbelly, let's be far in that our forefathers were not pacifists.

Such does not excuse the white or other anaʼí
It's not like whites in Europe were peaceful John, so the argument they make in that regard about your ancestors or mine for that matter, needs to be dismissed at every turn.

Yeah they did you history illiterate. Many tribes held slaves... I'm not surprised you didn't know this
I know what happened. Some original nations had slaves and in many cases they enslaved blacks who ran away to save them from slave patrols. And Since there were nations west of the confederacy, and in the north, making the claim you made is disingenuous. Name the nations that fought with the confederacy instead if trying to claim that members of all the original nations fought with the confederacy.

When was the trail of tears. Did it happen after the Civil War? No.

But the Original nations didn't enact black codes or Jim Crow. They were denied citizenship of the land they had lived on by whites when whites decided that their governments did not count. And they suffered from an attempted genocide by whites, so you trying to tell me what I alreasdy know doesn't change the overall atrocities whites have committed and continue to commit.

Indians took up arms against the United States and killed civilians as well as soldiers. If we forgave Geronimo why cant we forgive Robert E. Lee?
For certain the European settlers, cavalry, etc. did many atrocious things. Their wanton slaughter of the buffalo on which the indigenous populations were dependent was inexcusable and yes the Indians were treated abominably by some. Not all.

But neither were the Indians pure as the driven show either. They committed many atrocities on innocent 'white people' and also on each other. Warring tribes could be vicious, attacking, torturing, making slaves of members of other tribes long before they were even aware there were Europeans.

Sitting Bull along with Crazy Horse attacked and killed many Americans culminating in the massacre at Little Bighorn (Custer's last stand.) But he would be allowed to join Bill Cody's wild west show making him likely the highest paid Native American ever at that time.

The fact is history over all of recorded time is full of brilliance, beauty, noble acts, world changing events and also includes the cruel, savage, ugly. History is messy and those that preceded us viewed themselves and embraced cultures that we in our time and experience do not. To judge them by our experience, by our time is to do them a great injustice. We should know and understand all our history, the good, the bad, and the ugly.

Which is why this whole stupid thing of tearing down historical statues, monuments, other markers is so misguided and wrong.

I know what happened. Some original nations had slaves and in many cases they enslaved blacks who ran away to save them from slave patrols. And Since there were nations west of the confederacy, and in the north, making the claim you made is disingenuous. Name the nations that fought with the confederacy instead if trying to claim that members of all the original nations fought with the confederacy.

When was the trail of tears. Did it happen after the Civil War? No.

But the Original nations didn't enact black codes or Jim Crow. They were denied citizenship of the land they had lived on by whites when whites decided that their governments did not count. And they suffered from an attempted genocide by whites, so you trying to tell me what I alreasdy know doesn't change the overall atrocities whites have committed and continue to commit.

The fact, you're trying desperately to ignore, is Native Americans sided with the Confederacy. You can whine, bitch, moan... it's still factual

Dumbass

Forum List

Back