California to end unlimited isolation for most gang leaders

Gracie

Diamond Member
Feb 13, 2013
Lost
California to end unlimited isolation for most gang leaders

SACRAMENTO, Calif. (AP) -- California on Tuesday agreed to end its unlimited isolation of imprisoned gang leaders, restricting a practice that once kept hundreds of inmates in notorious segregation units for a decade or longer.

No other state keeps so many inmates segregated for so long, according to the Center for Constitutional Rights. The New York City-based nonprofit center represents inmates in a class-action federal lawsuit settled Tuesday on behalf of nearly 3,000 inmates held in segregation statewide.

The state is agreeing to segregate only inmates who commit new crimes behind bars and will no longer lock gang members in soundproofed, windowless cells solely to keep them from directing illegal activities by gang members.

Well hell. Let them just collect in the yard and plot who to take out cuz it's inhumane to keep them segregated. Boo fuckin' hoo. I have no sympathy for them but I guess Calif is under some pressure.

Yearslong segregation also drew criticism this summer from President Barack Obama and U.S. Supreme Court Justice Anthony Kennedy.

Looks like the gang members managed to buy off California's politicians....... I'm sure they could afford it...... :eusa_whistle:

Looks like the gang members managed to buy off California's politicians....... I'm sure they could afford it...... :eusa_whistle:
They don't need to buy anyone off. The Democrats will help criminals for free.

It would be so much more sensible and cost effective if the useless pieces of shit just managed to meet with unfortunate accidents.

Forum List

Back